• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Solid fuel carbon tax on coal and bricquettes

tipp revolution

To all mainly rural posters I guess who have not resorted to burning the floorboards - the carbon tax is due in on 1 may 2013

Per tonne briquettes €18.33 + 2.47 vat = €20.80
Per tonne coal €26.33+€3.55 vat = €29.88

The above will double on 1 May 2014 so spare the floorboards!

The question that I wondered about for a long time is how is our government justify putting vat(tax) on a tax. This is relevant to vat on duties on motor fuel, alcohol and cigarettes and vat is also charged on vrt in the price of a car.

Do you know or want to know the tax component of what you buy? The Irish consumer is really a beast of burden i.e. an ass.

P Ryan

So they're not putting extra taxes yet on semi-renewable fuels such as wood pellets?

tipp revolution

no theres a tax on margarine though if its used as a fuel

I kid you not

dagenict

Twitter
dagenict
Is the carbon tax an EU. dirictive, Or a means to genarate tax take, what is the rate per ton in the EU.

Fractional Reserve

All carbon taxes are fakey johnnies , they are just tax grabs by governments.Climate change or whatever horseshyte name they want to give it , is one of the best scams for governments to tax the bejaysus out of people.
Is the carbon tax an EU. dirictive, Or a means to genarate tax take, what is the rate per ton in the EU.

realistic1

To all mainly rural posters I guess who have not resorted to burning the floorboards - the carbon tax is due in on 1 may 2013

Per tonne briquettes €18.33 + 2.47 vat = €20.80
Per tonne coal €26.33+€3.55 vat = €29.88

The above will double on 1 May 2014 so spare the floorboards!

The question that I wondered about for a long time is how is our government justify putting vat(tax) on a tax. This is relevant to vat on duties on motor fuel, alcohol and cigarettes and vat is also charged on vrt in the price of a car.

Do you know or want to know the tax component of what you buy? The Irish consumer is really a beast of burden i.e. an ass.

I wrote her before on the massive increase on solid fuel stoves sales, since these Carbon levies and increase in Oil & gas has occurred. A salesman of these stoves told me that people are in such dire straits financially, that they are now burning household rubbish in these stoves. He reckons dioxins have increased since this increases on taxes have occurred.

Clanrickard

It should be on the receipt.

tipp revolution

I wrote her before on the massive increase on solid fuel stoves sales, since these Carbon levies and increase in Oil & gas has occurred. A salesman of these stoves told me that people are in such dire straits financially, that they are now burning household rubbish in these stoves. He reckons dioxins have increased since this increases on taxes have occurred.

Your salesman might be a bit dramatic.

However, I think that rubbish collection should be nationalised (ie taken out of the hands of private operators - it shouldnt be a profit-making venture) and we pay for council bin collection in our....wait for it..... Local Property tax! Copying England I know, but makes sense to me.

Our local law abiding bogmen will be furious at this tax hike

realist

The Eu rate is currently around €3. This increase is an added incentive to take a trip up to Newry where VAT is only 5% on solid fuels. I am sure if three or four households decided to pool their money and rent a truck for the day they would save quite a bit especially if they bought their wine/beer at the same time.