• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Some "Recovery" Avon pulls out of Ireland

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Last edited:

ruserious

Pulling out? You mean they'll stop sending women to houses?

Ribeye

Aindriu

Munnkeyman

It's a bit odd to judge an economic recovery on the state of Avon cosmetics and their cost-cutting measures.

Avon is reassessing its long-term business plan, and in December said it will cut about 1,500 positions and also exit the South Korea and Vietnam markets as part of its broader plan to save costs. Ms. McCoy has pointed to Brazil, Russia and China as countries where the company needs to grow.
Avon to Cut Headcount, Exit Ireland - WSJ.com

Ribeye

Oh wow.

Avon.

Wow.
lol:D

Avon, with it's $10 billion a year in sales and 6 million agents is insignificant,

Yet Enda holds a presser every time some airhead opens a nail bar in Leitrim,

ShoutingIsLeadership

Littlewoods has probably eaten into the Avon market. That and increased access to broadband.

I have no evidence for those claims, it's just my gut feeling from listening to Lady SIL and her friends talking about stuff like that (the Littlewoods bit, the broadband thing is my guess).

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/

Dublin 4

Like "your" Title Keith :p

meriwether

Lots of women relied on being part time Avon reps for additional family income you patronising tw@t!
Id say it was millions of women.

This will truly affect every home.

I just got a call from my mother there. She's in tears. How will she pay Trevelyn's rent without her Avon money? She's probably have to sell the youngest to the Pirates.

This thread is going to be really entertaining in the way the systematic importance of Avon to the economy will be exaggerated.

meriwether

lol:D

Avon, with it's $10 billion a year in sales and 6 million agents is insignificant,

Yet Enda holds a presser every time some airhead opens a nail bar in Leitrim,
How much of that 10bn is in Ireland? 9bn?

Ryan Tubbs

Just breaking and expect something on the website shortly.
http://avon-shop.ie/index.php?main_page=down_for_maintenance&zenid=5b7ffe2f2c2c387b03d3aaca868025e0

Apparently Avon cosmetics which has been a great supporter of part time work for women for decades is pulling out of Ireland due to the continuing recession here.
1) Is Enda Kenny personally to blame for this? I presume he is?

2) How come every single job loss is cause to start a thread, but you never once mention or acknowledge the hundreds of jobs that are being created every month by foreign direct investors?

Aindriu

Id say it was millions of women.

This will truly affect every home.

I just got a call from my mother there. She's in tears. How will she pay Trevelyn's rent without her Avon money? She's probably have to sell the youngest to the Pirates.

This thread is going to be really entertaining in the way the systematic importance of Avon to the economy will be exaggerated.
When you have finished chortling to yourself you may want to offer a suggestion to those women who have relied on the part time work that Avon gave them as to how they will now make their money?

Marcos the black

It's a bit odd to judge an economic recovery on the state of Avon cosmetics and their cost-cutting measures.
Not if you love moaning and want to blame "Inda" for everything.

Marcos the black

meriwether

When you have finished chortling to yourself you may want to offer a suggestion to those women who have relied on the part time work that Avon gave them as to how they will now make their money?
Unless Keith M is an Avon lady (that sorty of makes sense) I'm not chortlign at any Avon ladies.

Why don't you reel in the sanctimoniousness a tad?

Aindriu

Unless Keith M is an Avon lady (that sorty of makes sense) I'm not chortlign at any Avon ladies.

Why don't you reel in the sanctimoniousness a tad?
You chortled at Avon pulling out of Ireland, ergo you chortled at the Avon women. Try engaging your brain before putting your typing finger into gear.