• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Some "Recovery" - "Euro break-up Risk at Highest Point Ever" - Dan O'Brien!

Dublin 4

Whatever (limited) crisis-management credibility the eurogroup finance ministers, the European Commission and the European Central Bank had left has been severely depleted.

Risk of euro break-up now higher than ever before - European Economic News | EU Budgets, Trends & Spending | Irish Tim - Fri, Apr 05, 2013

Here we are again - back at the precipice.

Of course the spoofers will always claim that we recede back from the precipice but we also end up returning.

Every time we return the is ante is upped & another Country is weighing down on the rest.

Dan "Boy" O'Brien has becoming increasingly more pessimistic of late & I'm with him.

With Grillo, France's 3 Million Unemployed, Spain worsening, Greece, The Cyprus Shambles, Hidden Sov Debts & State of Europe's Banks- this show ain't leavin no town soon...

Last edited:

D

Dylan2010

if its Dan O'Biren you have to treat it like a short term contrary play.....relax lads, the Euro has a bit more time then

Dublin 4

Normally true but he's reluctantly rowing back on his earlier positions...

D

Dylan2010

4 years into a recovery cycle thats getting long in the tooth and bugger all to show for it, the next year will be interesting in a Chinese curse sort of way

meriwether

How high is this high point?

I'm at the highest point ever of taking a poo on my workstation, but the chances of this poo happening are still pretty remote.

Spanner Island

With Grillo, France's 3 Million Unemployed, Spain worsening, Greece, The Cyprus Shambles, Hidden Sov Debts & State of Europe's Banks- this show ain't leavin no town soon...
With or without the €uro, this 'show' ain't leaving town for decades...

The world has failed to address the real issues and make the global financial sector pay...

The result is the global financial sector is still a massive sham and charade in which we all participate every day...

A big opportunity was blown globally back in 2008 to allow insolvent banks and financial institutions to go to hell...

It would have been a much more severe correction at the time and arguably much more traumatic... but it was an opportunity lost nonetheless and we're probably all gonna pay for it anyway...

Spanner Island

It's Dan O'Brien. To quote the great Batiatus, 'Words fall from his mouth like sh1t from ass.'
Plus ever since Dan returned from London he's become an 'establishment' hack just like all the rest of them...

I used to listen to what he used to say when he was in London because he was much more objective...

ShoutingIsLeadership

How high is this high point?

I'm at the highest point ever of taking a poo on my workstation, but the chances of this poo happening are still pretty remote.
I've news for you, meri; the poo usually comes out your fingers and onto your keyboard, for the rest of us to see :)

Could we lose the defecation analogies please.
One more. Thomas More once replied to Martin Luther, parodying Luther's vulgar language:

"Throw back into your paternity's sh1tty mouth, truly the sh1t-pool of all sh1t, all the muck and sh1t which your damnable rottenness has vomited up"

I've been saving it up, but no-one here has truly proved worthy of it yet...

Dublin 4

Truly Toxic - who is the new Avatar?

D

Deleted member 17573

One more. Thomas More once replied to Martin Luther, parodying Luther's vulgar language:

"Throw back into your paternity's sh1tty mouth, truly the sh1t-pool of all sh1t, all the muck and sh1t which your damnable rottenness has vomited up"

I've been saving it up, but no-one here has truly proved worthy of it yet...
One will have to try harder.

Sensor

Euro came within inches of collapse due to Cyprus.

Mario Draghi said yesterday not to under-estimate the strength of political will behind Euro. What he is forgetting is political will can change as quickly as the popular will changes (excluding in Ireland though - where political classes are eternally subservient to masters else where)

ECB and all the individual countries including model student Ireland have only been kicking the can down the road.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies