• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

South Dakota: Armed Teachers

the secretary

Teachers are now allowed to guns into the classroom in South Dakota.
The state gov yesterday signed a law allowing state school boards to supervise the arming of school employees or security personnel.
Does anyone else think that this is beyond belief and that sends a very bad sign to the rest of the world about the attitude that certain sections of American society have towards weapons. (Not that we already know this)

Radix

Sorry, but there is something seriously sick about a society which goes in this direction.

EUrJokingMeRight

America is a ************************ed up state of mind, not a country.

niall78

How long before an armed teacher shoots up a classroom full of kids?

Franzoni

Saw something about the Kentucky state government passing a bill that basically makes any new Federal laws on gun control null and void....

Franzoni

How long before an armed teacher shoots up a classroom full of kids?

If they are anything like the lunatics who taught me in the 70's who were fond of the leather,broken hurleys and bamboo fishing poles to vent their anger i would reckon not too long.......

Dame_Enda

Armed guards make sense in a society with 300 million guns but in the sometimes confrontational atmosphere of the classroom armed teachers may not be a wise decision. I think the gun manufacturers are driving American gun-policy. in Congress and the states - especially in the GOP but also among redstate Democrats. I think Israel has armed guards in their schools and consequently there are no massacres there in recent history.

Analyzer

Teachers in Limerick and West Dublin might be next.....

Ireland also has a violence problem.

nicht besonders

The state gov yesterday signed a law allowing state school boards to supervise the arming of school employees or security personnel.
Does anyone else think that this is beyond belief and that sends a very bad sign to the rest of the world about the attitude that certain sections of American society have towards weapons. (Not that we already know this)
Isn't there an irony here? The state is going to "supervise the arming" of teachers in order to protect kids from any old nut who can buy a weapon with (presumably) far less "supervision" of their arming. Why not just "supervise the arming" of everyone?

Will be interesting to see when the first supervised teacher kills a student.

Prester Jim

Are they allowed to bring them to parent teacher meetings? Not that I would want that or anything... appalling idea!

the secretary

The gun culture is being driven by the powerful gun lobby. I'm not sure if these people will be confronted in the way which they need to be. The gov under Obama will huff and puff about doing something, but they won't, nothing really meaningful and way. Money talks, esp in the states.
The picture of children becoming used to the sight of guns in school is chilling. Society is going totally in the wrong direction over there.

Windowshopper

Armed guards make sense in a society with 300 million guns but in the sometimes confrontational atmosphere of the classroom armed teachers may not be a wise decision. I think the gun manufacturers are driving American gun-policy. in Congress and the states - especially in the GOP but also among redstate Democrats. I think Israel has armed guards in their schools and consequently there are no massacres there in recent history.
Yeah but one could argue that the policy of Israel is a result of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and US schools don't face a equivocal threat.

Windowshopper

Unsurprisingly some people set up a fake facebook profile of the Senator. Gerry Buttimer Michelle Mulherin and Phil Hogaan have accepted 'her' friend requests. Some of the comments are actually quiet funny.

"Hashtags are a gateway drug #smokeweedeveryday #snoopdogg"

http://www.facebook.com/fidelma.healyeames?fref=ts

lucyreed

teachers with guns

That would be frightening for the students. The teachers should be trained with guns. School shootings are naturally heartbreaking. Now, South Dakota would like to even the arena. According to reports, the state has made instructors packing heat a lawful exercise. Article resource:personalmoneynetwork.com about "South Dakota Allows Teachers To Carry Guns"

ShankillFalls

I think Israel has armed guards in their schools and consequently there are no massacres there in recent history.
Hmmmm... I have used my own homemade "Anti Tiger Attack Spray" in our office and consequently there has been not a single tiger attack at my place of work....

Do you see what I did there?

Goa Tse

How many NRA members does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

More guns!!

Popular Threads

Most Replies