• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Spain Withdraws Gardasil (cancer vaccine) After Illnesses

rhonda15

Spain Withdraws Gardasil (cervical cancer vaccine) After Illnesses

Spanish health authorities have withdrawn tens of thousands of doses of Gardasil, a vaccine against the human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV), after two teenagers who received the shots were hospitalized.

The two girls were vaccinated last week as part of a vast government program targeting adolescents. A batch of nearly 76,000 doses of the vaccine has been withdrawn from the market.

The vaccine has been available since 2006.

Spain Withdraws Gardasil After Illnesses - articles - articles.mercola.com

BEWARE! I've heard bad things about this vaccine - teenage girls getting mysterious muscle wasting diseases.

Last edited:

5intheface

Is this the vaccine for cervical cancer, Rhonda?

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
One of the world’s best-selling vaccines, Merck’s Gardasil, is quietly producing some serious money for an unexpected beneficiary—the University of Washington.

Thanks to some hard-fought patent litigation from the 1990s that ended up strengthening and extending the lifespan of a critical piece of UW intellectual property, the university is now raking in a windfall of royalties on Merck’s cervical cancer vaccine. This product’s success has been a driving force that has caused the licensing income UW gets from the Washington Research Foundation to more than triple in the past three years, to $38 million in 2008 from $12 million in 2006.

Gardasil Connection Generates Windfall for Research, Tech Transfer

droghedasouth

rhonda15 - be careful unless you want lots of teenage girls to suffer later in life in the way so many children did over the MMR scare created by that fraud Wakefield in the UK.

Spreading these stories is a bit like crying fire in a cinema.

rhonda15

Is this the vaccine for cervical cancer, Rhonda?
yes and and i've seen other articles and videos linking the vaccine with mysterious illnesses

blacbloc

No Toxic - this Gardasil is a nasty little number for sure - there have been many adverse reactions all over to this.

Vaccine Safety Group Releases GARDASIL Reaction Report

8 more deaths connected to HPV vaccine

There hundreds more reports of this - including many sites posted to by young women themselves describing really debilitating reactions and ongoing health problems.

Probably most convincing of all for us here in Ireland is that Harney, at the beck and call of any passing pharmaceutical company, the sort of people she is normally falling over her ample self to throw money at, voluntarily cancelled the availability of the vaccine in Ireland. She was pilloried for her meaness etc etc but I reckon she knows fine well this one is a real bummer - and didnt want law suits down the line.

blacbloc

rhonda15 - be careful unless you want lots of teenage girls to suffer later in life in the way so many children did over the MMR scare created by that fraud Wakefield in the UK.

Spreading these stories is a bit like crying fire in a cinema.
Where on earth is the information to back up that claim. The people who have suffered are the victims of the MMR itself. The adverse reactions are not 'stories'.

5intheface

yes and and i've seen other articles and videos linking the vaccine with mysterious illnesses
It would be really disappointing if this vaccine turns out to be harmful, it seemed to be one good piece of good news in relation to Cancer and I posted on another thread how the publicity surrounding Jade Goody was encouraging a big jump in the number of women attending for smear teasts and in turn, highlighting the importance of teenagers receiving the vaccine.

rhonda15

A Michigan teen suffered a severe reaction after getting the Gardasil shot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkpT_OrHIoI]YouTube - Vaccine Causes Illness?[/ame]

Anecdotal evidence is good enough for me when you're dealing with health matters.
It needs to be pulled and more research done.

5intheface

If the vaccine is shown to be harmful and even life threatening, it may, sadly, come down to people weighing up the chances of side effects against the likelehood of developing cervical cancer, some choice for a teenage girl or her parents to have to make.

imokyrok

How do we determine if the concerns are genuine or the product of religious nuts believing vaccination against cervical cancer promotes "promiscuity".

B

birthday

Where on earth is the information to back up that claim. The people who have suffered are the victims of the MMR itself. The adverse reactions are not 'stories'.

It is most disappointing to see this nonsense around in 2009. Report after report has shown that Wakefields claims were not accurate. He was being paid by a law firm already interested in compo claims when he published. He did not disclose this to the BMJ as required. The scientist who did the work for his paper has said that the results did not support his conclusion and he asked for them not to be used.
Many children, some in Ireland, developed measles as a result of the unjustified fall of in vaccine use. Some died.
Please be vey careful in making repeating false allegations against the MMR vaccine.

imokyrok

Having looked at the linked material I haven't seen anything remotely suggesting that Gardasil is a proven health risk. Indeed the reported instances of side-effects given in the articles is surprisingly low given how many countries have been administering this vaccine. I recently discussed this vaccine with my GP as I want to get it for my daughter. She said they have had no reported incidence of harmful side effects and administer the vaccine a few times per week (fairly busy multidoctor practice).Since it is thought to protect against 70% of cervical cancers and having watched a cousin die from the disease I will get my daughter vaccinated unless something far more conclusive emerges.

jc_ie

Anecdotal evidence is good enough for me when you're dealing with health matters.
It needs to be pulled and more research done.
I know somebody who once took an lemsip suffered from depression and killed themselves.

Ban lemsip?

shmuck

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK97CHQZhq0]YouTube - Gardasil HPV Vaccine Hoax Exposed[/ame]

rhonda15

I know somebody who once took an lemsip suffered from depression and killed themselves.

Ban lemsip?
Yes and at one time they said it was safe to give thalidomide to pregnant mothers.
The bottom line is there haven't been any long term studies done and as the doctor said in the video I posted they are basically using the populace as a massive public health experiment.
But as in everything ... it's your call.

blacbloc

It is most disappointing to see this nonsense around in 2009. Report after report has shown that Wakefields claims were not accurate. He was being paid by a law firm already interested in compo claims when he published. He did not disclose this to the BMJ as required. The scientist who did the work for his paper has said that the results did not support his conclusion and he asked for them not to be used.
Many children, some in Ireland, developed measles as a result of the unjustified fall of in vaccine use. Some died.
Please be vey careful in making repeating false allegations against the MMR vaccine.
How many children in Ireland died as a result of not having MMR vaccine? That's the real question - and it is not the thing you have just claimed. People die of measles for reasons other than not being vaccinated - their state of health was weakened in some way that had not been realised. The EXACT same thing is true of people who suffer adverse reactions, also including death, from being vaccinated!!!! The only difference between the two is that BOTH adverse reactions and deaths are higher among those who are vaccinated - though this information is kept very much away from the public. The so-called authority on vaccinations being safe is nonsense. NONE of it based on extensive clinical trials - the only sort of studies which could come close to definitively proving the question. No surprises then that the vested interests will not permit them to be done. Epidemiological studies are not the same thing - they are merely statistical, generalised surverys of whole populations and are the sole authority on which pro vaccine claims are now based. These studies do not answer the questions and people should wake up to the fact that they are being seriously misled. Governments, medical authorities and drug regulatory bodies are all piping the pharmaceutical tune on this. The whole thing is a multi-billion dollar business. Admitting things were not all they were/are made out to be would be massively costly.

Andrew Wakefield is NOT anti vaccination, (which I am), he merely suggested that there appeared to be grounds for administering vaccines - the MMR one in particular - in single doses as it seemed that would be safer for young, vulnerable immune systems. The vested interests went ape********************. The **************************************** about his conflict of interest is just that. The monstrosity of the accusations against him might best be evidenced by the atrociously unethical 'studies' that were commissioned to prove him wrong - many of which were outrageously dishonest - surpassing by a mile the (false) allegations made against him.