Spam, Spam,F%^king Spam

bactrian

Anyone who uses the internet and has a mail account experiences spam. It is one of those irritants that we all learn to ignore, up to a point. My Spamware gets rid of most of it by putting it into a folder. Every day I used to add 3-4 more spam to the pile.

In the last month or so I have noticed that there are a lot more spam being diverted into the spam folder and I am having to add a lot more myself. I reckon that I am getting about 3 times more spam than usual.

I have also noticed that my internet has sloooowed.

My theory is that there has been a general increase in Spam and that this is affecting download speeds generally.

Otherwise.............

They're out to get me!

I'm not par-a-n-o-i-d...

Arghh..........................

ManfredJudge

Spellcheckers they have discovered

From Michael
Address: Rue des Ambassade Villa 445, Cocody.
West Africa.

Dearest One,
I am pleased to contact you with this nominated time after much thinking towards this transaction. Looking straight to the point, I am a 19 years undergraduate, the child of late Mr & Mrs. David Wood, President of Café-Cacao & Agro-Alimentaire industrie Plc. (SCAFECAO) San-Pedro. My father was a wealthy cocoa-coffee and oil merchant based in San-Pedro one of the economic cities in the western part of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associate in a dinner party organized on his name to honour his company.
When my mother died on the 21st of October 2001, father took me so special because I am motherless. Before he gave up the ghost on the 29th of March 2008 by 10.00am in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me and informed me that he has a sum of US$ 4.5 million Dollars left in a Local Bank here in Abidjan, Coted'ivoire.
Before he finally gave up, he admitted that he used my name as his son for the next of kin in the deposit of the fund. He explained to me that it was because of his political ambition to support the present Government that he was poisoned to death by people he called his friends, He Instructed me to seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this fund and use it for investment purpose, such as real estate properties.
Sir, I am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways:
1)TO PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO.
2)TO SERVE AS OUR GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND SINCE I AM 19 YEARS.
3)TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR US TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER THE MONEY HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED.
Moreover, sir I am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this fund to your nominated account oversea. Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as i believe that this transaction would be concluded within seven working days you signify your interest to assist me.
Anticipating hearing from you soon.
Thanks.
Yours Sincerely,
Michael.

From Michael
Dearest One,

I was thinking that life has finally won me, that my case will never change again. I don’t know you in person or met with you before, but I am of the believe that you would be obliged to come to my assistance after hearing about my situation. I have been facing the harsh realities of life since after the death of my both parent. read my letter to you in the attachment
Pray for me and Remain blessed
Master Michael

bactrian

I started this thread about three weeks ago and was mildly irritated. Now I'm red hot angry. I received 31 emails today 3 were legitimate , 28 were spam.

I really hate spammers.

fluffykontbiscuits

If any of them are e mail scam send me the e mail address and a copy of the e mail and I will happily have some fun...

GJG

Website
blog.hereshow.ie
Don't use eircom.net, it is spam central - I had to abandon my account with them. G-mail or hotmail are much better.
Gmail is by far the best, zero spam, but you don't even have to give up your eircom.net account.

Set up a new gmail acount, and share that email address ... um ... going forward. Go to the Settings area and under Accounts, you will find a section called Get mail from other accounts.

Input your old eircom email address and password and Gmail will pick up all the email from eircom, bin the spam and deliver the rest to your inbox. It is stunningly accurate.

**Make sure that you do not tick the box marked Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server or you will quickly hit the quota limit set by eircom and lose email sent after that time.

You can also use the Gmail interface to send email from the eircom address, the setup is in the same section.

You can use the web interface (very advanced), or switch on IMAP use Thunderbird or Outlook to pick up the email, with the emails going to the old eircom address coming in via Gmail, and the spam being filtered at that point.

Gmail is by far the best, zero spam, but you don't even have to give up your eircom.net account.

Set up a new gmail acount, and share that email address ... um ... going forward. Go to the Settings area and under Accounts, you will find a section called Get mail from other accounts.

Input your old eircom email address and password and Gmail will pick up all the email from eircom, bin the spam and deliver the rest to your inbox. It is stunningly accurate.

**Make sure that you do not tick the box marked Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server or you will quickly hit the quota limit set by eircom and lose email sent after that time.

You can also use the Gmail interface to send email from the eircom address, the setup is in the same section.

You can use the web interface (very advanced), or switch on IMAP use Thunderbird or Outlook to pick up the email, with the emails going to the old eircom address coming in via Gmail, and the spam being filtered at that point.
Thank you sir, very handy advice. I abandoned it two years ago but there is undoubtedly still the odd normal e-mail going there, so I will try that...

blackadder0124

I read somewhere that 90% of all e-mail traffic is spam. Frightening statistic. I'm with "fluffykontbiscuits" - wind them up and have some fun. I'm currently engaged in winding up this Nigerian "lady" who thinks I'm rich and lonely and looking for love - lol!!!!!

fluffykontbiscuits

I have one on my facebook page if anyone wants to look send me a message and I will send you my e mail address to add me! Have done it a few times!

fluffykontbiscuits

I have asked Cindy (my dearest honey bunch in Africa) to send me a picture with a sign that says fluffy****biscuits on it!

ManfredJudge

johnadam@terra.com

Dear Friend,

Greetings,

It's Just my urgent need for a foreign partner that led to my contacting you about this transaction. I am a banker by profession and currently holding the post of a chief auditor in our Bank. Banque Atlantique TOGO.

I have the opportunity of transfering an unclaimed funds ($10.5M) Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars belonging to one of my

client s who died in a plane crash. having no one coming up to claim his fund sand if left unclaimed will be transfered to the government treasury by the bank.

Hence, I am inviting you for a business deal where we can facilitate the transfer of this fund and have promised 40 as your percentage once we are through, if you agree to my business proposal.

Further details of the transfer will be forwarded to you as soon as i receive your mail.I want you to send me your telephone number so that

I will call you for better understanding I want you to reply me once you get this mail, and I will give you more information that will be needed in this transaction.

Yours faithfully

Mr John

ManfredJudge

Mrs Jackson Esq <paulman06@att.net> reply-to westernunionoffice@sify.com

Your Payment Is Ready

Send Money Worldwide

ADDRESS: PLOT 1, SOUTHWARK BRIDGE, COTONOU .

Email Address:( westernuionofice@sify.com)

DATE: 18/09/2010

REF NO: 250-153

We have arranged your payment of ($800,000.00) Eight hundred Thousand united states dollars Previously in ATM payment card to be sent to you through western union money transfer payment: Your payment will sent to you by western union.

The amount you will receive per day is $3700 The minister trust funds and IMF boards of Benin Republic will send you the current standard track details you will need to pick up your ($3700) payment by western union every day, Meanwhile we was instructed not to send you your payment via ATM card because you can not be able to withdraw the ATM card due to the A t m master card contain large money on it. The director administrator trust funds has already signed your payment, now you are free to comply with Western Union Office payment office email (westernuionofice@sify.com) however, kindly contact the below person who is in position to release your payment by western union per $3700 a day. We are unable to complete a transfer directed at an email address, so we require some more information in order to complete this transfer. In order to effect this payment, please Contact the western union paying agent for more details, and send the information below to

DR BANKOLA LUTHER,

Western union department

Call Direct Telephone :(+229 962 82 749)

E-mail:( westernuionofice@sify.com)

The financial western union payment centre has been mandated to issue out your payment and you have to stop any further communication with any other person(s) or office(s) to avoid any hitches in receiving your payment. Note that the administrator payment need this details from you to process your payment therefore you need not to delay but to proceed immediately in contact with the western union office and includes all your data information where to send your payment to avoid mistake or error transfer to wrong person or none ownership of the fund.

(A)Receiver name---------------

(B)Country---------------------

(C)City------------------------

(D) A Copy Of Your Id Card------------------------

(E)Home Address----------

(F)Tele Phone For effective Communications -------------------------

(G)Test question---------------

(H)Answer----------------------

Call Direct Telephone :(+229 962 82 749)

E-mail:( westernuionofice@sify.com)

Comply now because as soon as you send the required details to DR BANKOLA LUTHER he will start sending your payment by western union.

Yours Faithfully,

Mrs Mornica Jackson

ManfredJudge

DR Ms Martina Louisa <drmartina_auditpayment@yahoo.com>

FROM DR. MS. MARTINA LOUISA.
AUDIT AND ACCOUNTS DIRECTORS

OUTSTANDING PAYMENT:

URGENT ATTENTION,

THIS IS TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE THAT THERE IS AN UNCLAIMED SUM OF $10.5 MILLION [ TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS] IN OUR BANK WHICH HAS REMAINED UNPAID IN YOUR FAVOR FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.YOU ARE HEREBY REQUIRED TO CONTACT MR.LOUIS GOIN INTERNATIONAL REMMITANCE DEPARTMENT URGENTLY.

RE-CONFIRM YOUR DETAILS: VIA HIS EMAIL: mrlouisgoin2010@hotmail.com

[1] YOUR FULL NAMES
[2] YOUR OFFICIAL ADDRESS
[3] YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR CONFIRMATION.

THANK YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR.MS MARTINA LOUISA.
AUDIT AND ACCOUNTS DIRECTORS.
UNI CREDIT BANK.UK

ManfredJudge

(Back 2 d serious stuff) aliceginger@mailingg.com

Dear Sir,

I saw your profile and I decided to send this message to you, how ever I will like you to read the entire message and then get back to me immediately ok.

I am Miss Alice ginger, from Republic of Cote D’ivoire. There is information I would like you to keep very confidential. There is this huge amount of money which my late father Hon. Mohammed Ginger, deposited in the bank in Abidjan Cote D’ivoire , for safe keeping before he died.
The money in question is 14.5, Million U.S.Dollars.

The reason why I contact you for this transaction is that I can not make the withdrawal of the fund, because my late father is the beneficiary of the fund and I am the next of kin, but according to the bank, they said that i can only have access to the fund if been tranfered overseas as my late father made it to be. I have gone to the bank and they have agreed to transfer this fund to any account of my choice for my life investment.

What I would want you to do is to assist me and make sure that this fund is tranfered from the bank to your nominated account, I will give you 20% of the total fund for your assistance.

Why I will use the remaining balance of the money for an investment in your country for my future. If you are interested and can maintain the very confidential of this transaction, then you e-mail me immediately for more clarification.

Thanks,

Yours Sincerely,
Miss Alice ginger.

ManfredJudge

Garry Moore wumt81@rediffmail.com

Hello dear,

I wish to inform you that an associate has helped me to send your first
payment of $7,500 USD to you as instructed by Mr. David Cameron;) the United
Kingdom prime minister after the last G20 meeting that was held in United
Kingdom, making you one of the beneficiaries. Here is the information
below.

CLICK HERE TO TRACK YOUR MONEY
https://wumt.westernunion.com/asp/orderResults.asp?country=global

MTCN Numbers: 6096147516
Sender First Name Is = Emmanuel Frank
Second Name = Ikechukwu

I told him to keep sending you $7,500 USD twice a week until the FULL
payment of ($820000.00 United State Dollars) is completed. A certificate
will be made to change the Receiver Name as stated by the British prime
minister, send your Full Names and address via Email to:

Mr Garry Moore

you cannot pickup the money until the certificate is issued to you.

Regards
Mr. Garry Moore.
Tel: +233247021703.

ManfredJudge

We've hit the motherlode baby!!!!!

Exclusively To You,

I am Mrs. Suha Tawil Arafat, the wife of Yasser Arafat, the Palestinian leader who died in Paris.
Since the death of my husband I have been humiliated by the present leadership of the Palestinian
Liberation Organization. I have been subjected to physical torture.

As a window it was so painful, I have lost confidence with everybody in the country at the moment.
I think you must have heard over the media reports on the discovery of some fund in my husband secret
bank account and the allegations of some huge sums of money deposited by my late husband in my name
of which I have refuses to disclose or give up to the corrupt Palestine (P.L.O).

And they are not relenting on their effort to make me and my only Daughter poor. Hence my desire for
a foreign assistance for the future of my only Daughter .You can visit the BBC news broadcast below
for your understanding of what I am talking about;

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Mrs Arafat's bank accounts probed

Please I need your assistant over deposited fund amount $10,000,000,00.(Ten Million Dollars) with a
Financial institution in abroad, So that I will permit the Financial Institution to transfer the fund
to your country for safe keeping and for lucrative business in your country in the name of my Daughter
Zahwa.

Please let this arrangement be known to you and I alone and l want all our correspondence should be
strictly on email alone because my telephone number has been tapped and all my lines are monitoring
in my country.lf you are willing to assist for our mutual benefits,

We have to negotiate on your Percentage of the $10,000,000.00 As I am ready to offer you 30% for you to
assist me to buy a house and setup a business in the name of my (Daughter Zahwa) in your country and she
will come and meet with you, Please do not betray me as you can preview this report which took place in

August 2007: Khalid Amayreh: How did Suha Arafat amass all these millions?

This is how l was betrayed by some one l transferred my $11.5 Million Dollars to his Account and he size all
the money and review my secret to his friend in Tunis, that is how l lost all the money, Please if you will be
honest to me I will entrust more funds into your care and you will be having 30% percent on any of my money
you receive, As this is one of the legacy that we will keep for our children.

But In case you don't accept please do not let me out to the security and international media as I am giving
you this information in total confidence. Though we really do not know each other before, but I will greatly
appreciate if you render me these assistants in good faith please expedite urgency.

Yours sincerely,
Mrs. Suha Tawil Arafat.

New Threads

Most Replies