Spare a thought for John O'Donoghue

Tomas Mor

Please spare a thought this Paddy's day for John Bull O Donoghue who along with wife Kate Anne wont be off in Gov Jet to some exotic place and staying in -top hotels at our expense

T

The_Big_Fellow

I'd say he'll be huddled around the candle with a cold bag of chips and some buttermilk. People like him are not want to spend money, unless it is Séamus Sixpack's money.

Tomas Mor

My heart really bleeeds for them. When you get used to the cream its hard to be off it. Imagine having to review the parade in Cahirciveeen and maybe share a platform with Healy Rae as straw boys and bodhran players go by. But John there are worse things in life and all good things come to an end sometime. You have your health and that is really all that counts.

Tomas Mor

stanley

Sure they will have a great time in Cahirciveen, they can .... and then.....a few pints....sunglasses off.... kids away......... the best things in life are free.

jtbooker

That hog of a wife won't need the sunglasses on top of her head where she'll be this year!...

DCon

Anyone know if the great man is at Cheltenham?

I wonder if he will be availing of Cartel's economic rental rates if so, and if Kate-Ann will get her own private car..

Anorakphobia

I'd be short odds he's in Cheltenham probably being back slapped and wined and dined by some NAMA bound builders.

No doubt Mc Creevy holding court as well and the Bert will be along shortly to whoop it up with the Baileys et al.

loner

well I feel for poor John too if he has missed Chelto because we are too miserable to pay for himself and Kate---what about Aintree--anyone prepared to put up a few bob to enable him to hit the Grand National--nothing spectacular now no Gallagher Limos or upmarket hotels--any offers?

Tomas Mor

well I feel for poor John too if he has missed Chelto because we are too miserable to pay for himself and Kate---what about Aintree--anyone prepared to put up a few bob to enable him to hit the Grand National--nothing spectacular now no Gallagher Limos or upmarket hotels--any offers?

Good idea, Kerrymen hate putting their hands in their pocket unless it is to play pocket billiards.

bagel

My heart really bleeeds for them. When you get used to the cream its hard to be off it. Imagine having to review the parade in Cahirciveeen and maybe share a platform with Healy Rae as straw boys and bodhran players go by.
But he'll be wined & dined afterwards.
A buffet in a hayshed, plenty of bottled porter & crubeens.
Just picture him, with the grease of the crubeens running down his smig and he standing in cowsh!te.
Sorry John, not even a paper napkin.
Sure you can use your sleeve to wipe your puss.
Far from decorum you were reared.
Don't forget to invite along the people that were in the back of the state car when it was stopped for speeding.
Good man yerself.

James Healy

Maybe himself and wee O Dea can cmeet somewhere on the Kerry /Limerick border if they have learned to drive after being hawked around in state cars for so long. And they can colsole each other and drown the shamrock, but heck they have to stay overnight lest they be caught for drunk driving. No Garda drivers speding now.

DCon

Maybe himself and wee O Dea can cmeet somewhere on the Kerry /Limerick border if they have learned to drive after being hawked around in state cars for so long. And they can colsole each other and drown the shamrock, but heck they have to stay overnight lest they be caught for drunk driving. No Garda drivers speding now.
Johnny has a State car for life. Poor Willie was not so lucky to get a crack at Defence.

He probably took the State car and Garda driver to Cheltenham on the ferry.

James Healy

I dont think John O has state car for life, that only applies to ex President and ex Taoisigh. Unless he was a security threat, and he was not. I think I am sure this is right, but if anyone knows to contrary please tell us. If he has it we are in a far worse state than I thought

DCon

I dont think John O has state car for life, that only applies to ex President and ex Taoisigh. Unless he was a security threat, and he was not. I think I am sure this is right, but if anyone knows to contrary please tell us. If he has it we are in a far worse state than I thought
As far as I know (and I could be wrong), ex Justice Ministers also win the State car lottery. Apparently, it is in case they introduce laws that criminals do not like. One would have thought this is part of their job.

Tomas Mor

In so far as I know ex Justice ministers have it for a while after leaving that Dept. but then its taken off them. He is gone out of it since 2002. What a travesty if he still has it. I somehow doubt it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies