Speculation that a Meath Fianna Fáil Councilor is considering defecting to Labour

Tommythecommy

Speculation that a Meath Fianna Fáil Councilor is considering defecting to Labour

This could put Labour in line for a seat in Meath West though they only polled 4% there in the last General Election.

There has been much dissension in the ranks of fianna Fáil recently.Fianna Fáil have been severely criticised recently by FF County Councillor Shane Cassells nephew of Peter Cassells. Shane was narrowly beaten in the 2005 by election in Meath.

Cassells tore strips off Minister Dempsey recently "Major cracks in the Fianna Fail party in Meath became evident this week as Navan councillor Shane Cassells launched a blistering attack on Transport Minister Noel Dempsey and the party hierarchy."

Navan FF councillor attacks 'out of touch' party hierarchy - News - Roundup - Articles - Meath Chronicle

Mushroom

Labour should tell him to shove it - he's contaminated by FF and is merely seeking a convenient lifeboat to jump onto.

Let him join Sinn Fein if he wants to change horses - from one "Republican Party" to another is a much easier gap to bridge - always assuming that he actually has a political philosophy other than mé féin, of course!

Tommythecommy

If it means Eamon gaining one more seat to elect him taoiseach

If it means Eamon gaining one more seat to elect him taoiseach Labour would jump at the prospect.

He would hover up the disgruntled FF vote

Mushroom

If it means Eamon gaining one more seat to elect him taoiseach Labour would jump at the prospect.

He would hover up the disgruntled FF vote
I know - and he'd probably snuggle up to JH-R, Ferris, Snoddy and Lowry for exactly the same reason. Profoundly depressing, isn't it?

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com

This could put Labour in line for a seat in Meath West though they only polled 4% there in the last General Election.

There has been much dissension in the ranks of fianna Fáil recently.Fianna Fáil have been severely criticised recently by FF County Councillor Shane Cassells nephew of Peter Cassells. Shane was narrowly beaten in the 2005 by election in Meath.

Cassells tore strips off Minister Dempsey recently "Major cracks in the Fianna Fail party in Meath became evident this week as Navan councillor Shane Cassells launched a blistering attack on Transport Minister Noel Dempsey and the party hierarchy."

Navan FF councillor attacks 'out of touch' party hierarchy - News - Roundup - Articles - Meath Chronicle
ehh, about 6 weeks old article, and it doesn't contain any such speculation.

are there voices in your head?

jackryan

Let him hang!! Easy come easy go? short term publicity in reality he just feels the wind blowing against him!

Tommythecommy

The Kite is now being flown around Meath West currently

ehh, about 6 weeks old article, and it doesn't contain any such speculation.

are there voices in your head?
The Kite is now being flown around Meath West currently. I never claimed the article speculated such. The Article does tie in with the theory

dotski_w_

Website
The Kite is now being flown around Meath West currently. I never claimed the article speculated such. The Article does tie in with the theory
oh stop messing, you're not fooling anyone sober! The kite is being flown in this thread, nowhere else.

Tommythecommy

Shane won't get a nomination from FF

oh stop messing, you're not fooling anyone sober! The kite is being flown in this thread, nowhere else.
Shane won't get a nomination from FF. Even if he did he would not get elected on the FF ticket.

He can deliver a seat on the Labour Ticket. If the numbers make sense the more likely it is to happen.

Ask Eamon he can fill you in.

Tomas Mor

Of course Peter Cassells rang for labour in the EU elections in 2004, narrowly losing out.

drjimryan2

very hungry for power.........

labour will need a number of defections to take advantage of the polls.......

good luck to him....

Stroke

Of course Peter Cassells rang for labour in the EU elections in 2004, narrowly losing out.
....and subsequently canvassed for his FF nephew in the Meath bye-election.

If he's that annoyed by FF, let him leave and go independent....

dotski_w_

Website
Shane won't get a nomination from FF. Even if he did he would not get elected on the FF ticket.

He can deliver a seat on the Labour Ticket. If the numbers make sense the more likely it is to happen.

Ask Eamon he can fill you in.
Told you this in a dream, did he?

sargito

I dunno, my own reading is cassells was a wee bit frustrated over the last couple o years but it'd be a shock if he jumped, it would burn a few bridges

redger

Now Listen Tommy - I plead guilty to making this up off the top of my head on another tread in August. I said it was a paranoid conspiracy theory I had made up, and you were debating it back to me. Please please please dont tell me that I had any real involvement in starting an unbased rumour. Please. I have tried to post the link here, if I made a hames of it can someone fix it for me please.
http://www.politics.ie/fianna-fail/135681-cllr-cassells-shafts-noel-dempsey-3.html

Tommythecommy

I have to confess to mis reading the situtation during the attack on Dempsey

Now Listen Tommy - I plead guilty to making this up off the top of my head on another tread in August. I said it was a paranoid conspiracy theory I had made up, and you were debating it back to me. Please please please dont tell me that I had any real involvement in starting an unbased rumour. Please. I have tried to post the link here, if I made a hames of it can someone fix it for me please.
http://www.politics.ie/fianna-fail/135681-cllr-cassells-shafts-noel-dempsey-3.html
I have to confess to miss reading the situation during the attack on Dempsey. It looked like an internal FF feud with the young Turk trying to elbow a sitting TD Johnny Brady out of the nomination for the second spot on the ticket.

Dempsey is grooming his son in law Ronan to take over from him and Cassells is excess to requirements in the Dempsey camp.

Expect another attack on FF from within the walls as it were, about "not caring for the people"

Pragmatism drives all in politics.

redger

I have to confess to miss reading the situation during the attack on Dempsey. It looked like an internal FF feud with the young Turk trying to elbow a sitting TD Johnny Brady out of the nomination for the second spot on the ticket.

Dempsey is grooming his son in law Ronan to take over from him and Cassells is excess to requirements in the Dempsey camp.

Expect another attack on FF from within the walls as it were, about "not caring for the people"

Pragmatism drives all in politics.
Are you actually telling me that, for the first time ever, I actually may have read the motivations of a FF politician properly. Is this actually a real belief, on the ground, based on local knowledge? Wow. I have to find a way to dine out on this one.

Anyway, on a more encouraging note, perhaps, if I was able to understand the logic and motivations of a FF politician, then he must be very different from other eFFers, and therefore may not really belong there, and might be more suited elsewhere..............

fool

So we're discussing "speculation" that someone is "considering" something?

Hardly a rock solid story.

New Threads

Most Replies