• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Spies Like Us: The Russians Unremarkable Lives.

james toney

The two sons of a Russian couple, who were among 10 deep-cover spies arrested in the United States, have given an interview about their experience for the first time.
Tim and Alex Foley (now Vavilov) are the sons of 'Donald Heathfield' and 'Tracey Foley', a married couple arrested in 2010 under Operation GHOST STORIES, a counterintelligence program run by the FBI over 10 years.
Much of the media focused on Anna Chapman who was one of the Russian spies caught,and also the resulting spy swap between Russia and the U.S.

Following their arrest, their sons, who had grown up thinking their parents were Canadian, were stunned when they were told that they were in fact Russian citizens and that their real names were Andrei Bezrukov and Elena Vavilova.
Their English-sounding names and Canadian passports had been forged in the late 1980s by the KGB.

The day we discovered our parents were Russian spies | World news | The Guardian

[video=youtube;kgW__b7_Me8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgW__b7_Me8[/video]

US and Russia swap 14 spies in Vienna | World Politics | News | The Independent

callas

He is studying in a European city and is here to visit his parents;
I notice that that the traitors have not been disowned.

Canada can wash their their hands of these people. They had a lucky escape.
There are plenty of people in the world, refugees and Russian dissidents, for example, who are far more deserving of Canadian hospitality.

james toney

I notice that that the traitors have not been disowned.

Canada can wash their their hands of these people. They had a lucky escape.
There are plenty of people in the world, refugees and Russian dissidents, for example, who are far more deserving of Canadian hospitality.
Canada has already washed it's hands of the brothers it seems.
The Registrar of Canadian Citizenship refused to issue citizenship certificates to the brothers in August 2014.
Canadian authorities argued the boys should not be granted the citizenship since their parents had been employed to a foreign government during their stay in Canada.

“There is adequate evidence on the record to reasonably conclude that his parents’ presence in Canada constituted part of their spying mission for the Russian government,” Federal Court Justice Richard Bell.

james toney

Elvis jaffacake

Well that is fascinating, thanks James.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies