• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Spiritans (Holy Ghost Fathers) accused in IT of cover-up of sexual abuse by its priests in its schools

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Spiritans (Holy Ghost Fathers) accused in IT of cover-up of sexual abuse by its priests in its schools

Missionaries and owner/managers of many of Irelands most prestigious Irish schools (including Blackrock College, St Mary' Rathmines, St. Michael's and Rockwell College), the Spiritans (formerly known as the Holy Ghost Fathers), are accused today by Patsy McGarry of covering up a number of cases of sexual abuse in its schools in Ireland, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Kenya and Canada. Some of the accusations involve priests known to have been abusing being returned to the ministry. Allegations of cover-up date from as late as the late 1990s.

The articles are all printed under the Rubric "Spiritans Crisis". Is there more to come?

More claims emerge of abuse by Spiritan priests - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 29, 2012

'I felt they would not believe me over a priest' - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 29, 2012

Teacher who admitted abusing children was returned to ministry - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 29, 2012

A priest notorious in school for 'tampering with boys' - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 29, 2012

'Violent, predatory and dangerous' - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 29, 2012

conservative green

Suspicious timing.

Well connnected yachtsmen and other British paedophiles raped and murdered children in Jersey and in Welsh care homes - there is a whole volume of evidence waiting to be released on this that the cops and news media have been sitting on for years - and the Irish Times prefers to report on this stuff.

Interesting.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Suspicious timing.

Well connnected yachtsmen and other British paedophiles raped and murdered children in Jersey and in Welsh care homes - there is a whole volume of evidence waiting to be released on this that the cops and news media have been sitting on for years - and the Irish Times prefers to report on this stuff.

Interesting.
What?

Could you start a thread on this?

With links?

Why on earth would McGarry or anyone else in the Irish Times want to distract attention from a horrific set of allegations of sexual abuse and murder in England and Wales?

This is really taking conspiracy theory too far!

conservative green

What?

Could you start a thread on this?

With links?

Why on earth would McGarry or anyone else in the Irish Times want to distract attention from a horrific set of allegations of sexual abuse and murder in England and Wales?

This is really taking conspiracy theory too far!
There is a thread on it.

As for why the irish Times might want to detrect attention from it, you might want to examine carefully the ownership structure of that organisation.

Radix

Have the Irish Times reported on their own in house child abuser?

I seek merely information.
You're not suggesting that there are cultural issues at the home of one of our most highly respected journals I hope?

The Irish Times is always at pains to point out that where the churches for example are concerned, a few black sheep there don't a bad flock make.

Clanrickard

If you are referring to what IO think you are referring to then I wouldn't class it as abuse and in other European jurisdictions it would not be so classed.

D

Dylan2010

you sound like you are just trying to stir it. Last time I checked, the IT isnt responsible for kids and probably despite their best efforts kids dont read the IT and dont hang around their offices in bunches like groupies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies