Spoilsports get the Grid Girls BANNED from the Tracks of Formula 1 !!! Bunch of wets IMO!

Catalpast

Last edited:

Catalpast

Dame_Enda

I do think the solution would be to have "Grid Guys" to balance it out. There is a Jacobinical attitude to censorship in France.

Catalpast

I do think the solution would be to have "Grid Guys" to balance it out. There is a Jacobinical attitude to censorship in France.
I've no problem with 'Grid Guys' TBH

- but F1, TDF & Darts don't have huge followings amongst the Female of the Species

gooner

Sacre Blue!

Looks like Le TDF is the latest to tell the Mademoiselles to get on their bike.....:|

As a result of the increasing pressure in the sports world to stop using scantily-clad women as a promotion tool, the Tour de France is getting ready to bid adieu to its famous podium girls or "hôtesses du Tour" as they are called in French.
https://www.thelocal.fr/20180302/seven-things-to-know-about-tour-de-frances-soon-to-be-extinct-podium-girls
Not surprised. I said this on the previous page about The Tour being next.

Once other races like the Vuelta did it, others were going to follow.

Dame_Enda

I'd love to know where this "pressure" is coming from that is such as to make it a big deal in a way it wasn't before? Sky News in particular seems to be pushing this agenda which is interesting given 38-9% of it is owned by 21st Century Fox. James Murdoch is the Chairman and the Murdoch sons are seen as more liberal than their father (especially James).

Catalpast

Shocking.

It's got so that a mysoginistic old racist can't sit alone in his darkened living room and oogle other people's scantily clad daughters.

Back to feeling girls bicycle saddles for you I'm afraid.
I'll take your word for it....:cool:

Dame_Enda

Ugly women are jealous of beautiful young women.
Thats true but whenever I see a Feminist spokesperson pushing this agenda on TV they are usually goodlooking. There are also weight issues involved, with goodlooking but fat women jealous of slim goodlooking women. And theres also Leftist ideology involved.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Glad to see the back of the simpering girls in the Tour de France as well. Always looked a bit silly to me to have two coiffed and perfumed airheads hanging about on the podium for no reason at all.

It is a bit Ford Capri and 1970s, like.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Also it detracts from the sexiness of the velocipedal bicycularity units. What right do the two girls have to be on the podium?

Tis the bicycular velocipedalists that have finished the race ahead of the others. Why not have their bicycles alongside them on the podium. They are probably more expensive than the girls anyway and almost certainly weigh less if you are of a shallow frame of mind.

They could have bicycle-bikinis on the machines. Now THAT would be worth seeing although it would probably have to be shown after the watershed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies