SPUC urges Fermanagh Nationalists to vote DUP!

Cruimh

Pro-life group urges nationalists to vote for Foster - Belfast Newsletter

An influential pro-life group is encouraging nationalists to vote tactically and back DUP leader Arlene Foster in her home constituency of Fermanagh and South Tyrone.

The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC) has launched a campaign to encourage tactical voting on the abortion issue in the forthcoming Assembly elections and, as such, have identified three key battlegrounds – West Belfast, Fermanagh and South Tyrone, and South Antrim.
An interesting conflict for some nationalists - which is more important?

Unification or SF's progressive social policies ?

between the bridges

Votail Arlene get wan of the two popes to visit...

redneck

Sinn Féin's obsession with the "Liberal agenda" has resulted in this situation. In fairness to Martin McGuinness he was always very anti abortion. But both Michelle O Neill and ML McDonald seem to be backing the Liberals.
Well done to SPUC for pointing this out.

Cruimh

Enigma Variations

Yes, SPUC are so influential in Enniskillen. Their election posters are everywhere.
They are a tiny, absurd group of obsessives, whackjobs and "Hail Mary" fanatics, who by the way, seemed to have overlooked the fact that the SDLP still haven't rescinded their previously stated anti-abortion position.
I'd guess that considering their profile is mainly confined to the Republic, a lot of people, particularly among the young will never have heard of them.
The News Letter calls them "influential" because it might like them to be. At a guess, I'd say their influence among nationalists in Fermanagh and Tyrone among nationalists is pretty similar to the News Letter's. :p
In reality they are likely to have as much credibility these days as Maria Duce did in the 1950's when they tried to stop Gregory Peck from visiting Ireland because they thought he was a communist.
Meanwhile in the real world, the Fermanagh Herald, published today and every Wednesday, is reporting as its main feature, a fascinating story about a traffic accident which caused a tailback..............................

Police defend traffic response after accident tailbacks - The Fermanagh Herald

Cruimh

Last edited:

Cruimh

The News Letter calls them "influential" because it might like them to be. At a guess, I'd say their influence among nationalists in Fermanagh and Tyrone among nationalists is pretty similar to the News Letter's. :p
The newsletter is fun .... I mean, this guy is so perfect for being an MLA .... The APNI should never have let him go....

Patrick Clarke, formerly a councillor in Newry Mourne and Down, left the Alliance Party in February 2015, with the Down Recorder stating he had explained his decision on “health grounds”.

Later that year, he pleaded guilty to sexual assault, criminal damage, swindling nearly £2,000 from a community group, and of possession of an offensive weapon.

He got suspended jail sentences, probation, and a small fine.
Bid to become MLA by banned councillor with criminal history - Belfast Newsletter

12 bens

Sinn Fein were pro-choice some years ago during the time of Rita O'Hare and the Sinn Fein Womens Section.

They will pro-choice again with the loss of a few hundred votes here and there and, possibly, Peadar Toibin.

Secular, anti-Imperialist and radically social democratic is the way to go!

Commander of the North

Well, cruimh, we've seen how religious nutbaggery pans out. So, this is not a "situation". It's an irrelevance.
You are getting a like solely for the use of 'nutbaggery'.
Excellent work.... most impressive!

between the bridges

Yes, SPUC are so influential in Enniskillen. Their election posters are everywhere.
They are a tiny, absurd group of obsessives, whackjobs and "Hail Mary" fanatics, who by the way, seemed to have overlooked the fact that the SDLP still haven't rescinded their previously stated anti-abortion position.
I'd guess that considering their profile is mainly confined to the Republic, a lot of people, particularly among the young will never have heard of them.
In reality they are likely to have as much credibility these days as Maria Duce did in the 1950's when they tried to stop Gregory Peck from visiting Ireland because they thought he was a communist.
Meanwhile in the real world, the Fermanagh Herald, published today and every Wednesday, is reporting as its main feature, a fascinating story about a traffic accident which caused a tailback..............................

Police defend traffic response after accident tailbacks - The Fermanagh Herald
Are ye the local sec then? nah I agree never heard of them and they are meaningless to the election.

And tbf to the herald front page was Arlene's crocodile shoes...

Enigma Variations

And even a few dozen votes could make a big difference in that constituency. Even if they don't vote DUP, if nationalist voters don't turn out ....
Those people have already mostly opted out. Sinn Fein faces a much greater enemy in the shape complacency, and disappointment at their performance, but Arlene's sectarian antics in recent days will have a far more significant impact on how people vote, without any doubt.

Enigma Variations

Are ye the local sec then? nah I agree never heard of them and they are meaningless to the election.

And tbf to the herald front page was Arlene's crocodile shoes...
Haven't seen the hard copy yet, just the online version and I saw a poster in one of the supermarkets yesterday pushing the tailback story, which they lead with online.

theloner

I thought most unionists denied the existence of dinosaurs.

Enigma Variations

Sinn Fein were pro-choice some years ago during the time of Rita O'Hare and the Sinn Fein Womens Section.

They will pro-choice again with the loss of a few hundred votes here and there and, possibly, Peadar Toibin.

Secular, anti-Imperialist and radically social democratic is the way to go!
This overfed clown had such a huge impact a few years ago. Nobody voted for the nationalist parties in the last assembly election as a result of his influence...................
Priest: Catholics support the DUP (From Impartial Reporter)

GDPR

Well, cruimh, we've seen how religious nutbaggery pans out. So, this is not a "situation". It's an irrelevance.
I'm not so sure. A large reason for the drop off in the Shinners' vote is their refusal to allow a free vote on issues to do with abortion as well as their slavish adoption of the values considered "sophisticated" in Metropolitan England. You might not like to admit this but in Ulster still people such as I, Truth.ie and Had 237 remain the norm on both sides of the "Peace Wall".

On a slightly connected note I have said here before that Gerry Mc Geough gives me the creeps. This continues to be the case however given the reality that a great many people of quality from all the home nations of these Isles so deeply admire the man I have come around to thinking the problem is probably more with me than it is with him.

hollandia

Mind you - even McGuinness went on the defensive for the bead rattlers' vote....

Sinn Féin abortion policy compatible with my Catholicism says Martin McGuinness - BBC News

And even a few dozen votes could make a big difference in that constituency. Even if they don't vote DUP, if nationalist voters don't turn out ....
Well. If you think nats aren't going to turn out because SPUC has reservations about SF policy, you are really living in LaLa land. This is up there with the theory that unionists will still vote DUP because themmuns might get in, when there is a plethora of other unionist and unionist lite options to vote for.

SPUC. not even relevent these days in the repeal the eighth debate. And somehow they are going to sway nationalist opinion? LMFAO.

New Threads

Most Replies