• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Stafford Hospital scandal

Boy M5

It is shocking how badly run this hospital was. lack of ompassion, care and leadership.
Patient care was absent, no pain relief, bedridden patients left swimming in urine for days.

The Board of the Hospital was obsessed with targets.

Cameron has apologised in Parliament (tho happened under Labour - who were obsessed by KPIs and optics).

What is shocking is that the CEO of the NHS was in charge of the region Stafford is located in during at least part of this time and was seemingly a targets man. Yet the issues at Stafford were seemingly of culture.

Our HSE has issues. However, nothing as bad as this.

Stafford Hospital, NHS managers, and why money rather than reform sometimes really is the answer - Comment - Voices - The Independent

Video: Stafford Hospital patients 'left to scream in agony', says relative - Telegraph

Radix

And let me guess, they were all cradle Catholics?

Boy M5

And let me guess, they were all cradle Catholics?
..?

The NHS has an enviable reputation. Rightly so. However, this fella who runs it now is surely in an untenable position.
In reality if one of my relations was involved in such a regime of abuse and lack of duty of care and his culture and policies caused the problems in Stafford I'd sue the fella personally.

spidermom

Stuck over on the pro note threads....but would like it noted that the NHS have faced the kind of insane targeted delivery of services...ie wait times,discharges,decreasing length of stay. The kind that have been introduced here. Their budgets have been organised into trusts...like ours are about to be....They also depend far more on nurse auxiliaries than fully trained nurses than we do in Ireland...

Will read through the reports and post more....(later...:) )

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies