• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Stag Weekend

A

Asi-Irish

OK. Firstly, please accept my apolpgies for posting a topic non-related to politics in the chat section, but I'm desperate. Mods feel free to delete and I'll raise this on another forum (p.ie is the only Irish forum I use).

I have to arrange a stag weekend for my buddy and about 12-13 other guys, but I'm not living in Ireland, so this is kind of difficult.

I need to find some accommodation somewhere in the West, maybe in Westport or Galway. Ideally, I'd like to rent a large country house, but failing that, a number of houses/apartments in close proximity to one another.

We won't be going off the rails, we're a fairly civilized bunch.

Also... any suggestions for activities to break up the boozing? Maybe something adventurous, water sports or something?

Any suggestions?

Cheers...

White Horse

A pilgrimage to Lough Derg would be the ideal preparaton to marriage at the moment.

iartaoiseach

OK. Firstly, please accept my apolpgies for posting a topic non-related to politics in the chat section, but I'm desperate. Mods feel free to delete and I'll raise this on another forum (p.ie is the only Irish forum I use).

I have to arrange a stag weekend for my buddy and about 12-13 other guys, but I'm not living in Ireland, so this is kind of difficult.

I need to find some accommodation somewhere in the West, maybe in Westport or Galway. Ideally, I'd like to rent a large country house, but failing that, a number of houses/apartments in close proximity to one another.

Also... any suggestions for activities to break up the boozing? Maybe something adventurous, water sports or something?

Any suggestions?

Cheers...
if its westport you are heading for you can go for surfing lessons in louisburgh and there is an outdoor adventure type centre nearby. btw westport imo is one of the best towns in the country for a weekend, good porter , friendly locals(and I'm from galway!!!).

G

Gimpanzee

Any suggestions?

Cheers...
Killary adventure centre near Leenane Co, Galway - been on a stag there. Stay there, do the watersports etc.. then head up to Westport (next town north) for the following night.

The Lighthouse Keeper

Dont have the stag in Ireland, go to Madrid or Lisbon.
100% Agree - Lisbon a good choice except for maybe cost of flights, after that no prob getting cheap accom and booze - plenty interesting places to eat and drink up the Bairo Alto.
Had mine in Amsterdam - might be a bit too hectic for the group you seem to describe! :D

ergo2

Westport is the place - good range of accommodation including many self catering apartments. Good pubs and nightlife without the psychos who appear to roam the streets of Galway. Enjoy.

Last edited:

deepness

going to a stag here in 2 weeks time. And stayed here before for another stag...nice apartments overlooking the harbour. Good pubs and stuff in Westport.

Westport Self Catering Westport Mayo Ireland

Recommended!!

Otherwise I'd hit West Clare...Doolin in particular or Ballyvaughan or both. Had a brilliant stag there recently. Skip Galway for a stag. Found it rough enough at night recently

geraghd

liamfoley

no strippers in westport

A

Asi-Irish

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

We've settled on a slightly alternative stag weekend: Castle Palooza .

2-day ticket, including camping... 89 Euro per head!

Live music, art and theatre... oh and boozing and sleeping in a field!

It'll be like being kids again!!!!!!

ergo2

Disagree with Lighthousekeepers comments on Westport - town not polluted - tidiest in ROI - won that award thrice in recent years.

Plenty of accommodation for stags/hens, locals are tolerant of reasonable high spirits. Streets safer than some other larger centres. Good choice of pubs, and a lot of facilities in the area.

The OD

Personally, I dont like all weekend p*ss-ups anymore, I would suggest activities as go-karting, paintball, mini 5-aside tournament, sea fishing (hire a boat for the day) and so on. Good feed in the evening and then drink if its needed.

Been on too many stag weekends whereby everyone was completely wrecked by saturday afternoon and it was crap. If needs be, leave the manic boozing to saturday night, sunday afternoon, get some more activities on the friday night, saturday morning?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies