• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Standard & Poors in a Bad Mood

Dublin 4

Thought this one was priceless :p

Will it start a "Ratings War" :?

Moody's Investors Service has downgraded one of its biggest rivals McGraw Hill, which owns the world's largest rating agency Standard & Poor's, after the US government filed a lawsuit that seeks as much as $5bn (£3.2bn) in damages.

Moody's downgrades S&P's parent company

Dublin 4

Not 1 Mutthafukkah replies to my 1st Thread- well that's ok I won't bother again... :cry:

BlackLion

Rating agencies are the biggest danger to mankind since large scale banking speculation than kinda* ended in 2008.

* By that I mean most of the serious stuff and ya I know it still goes on. :(

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
As I have the 'distinction' of having a thread which was not Zoo'd with only one reply. I'll give you a dig-out.
:oops: I see Black Lion get there before me. I wonder was the photographer p-ssed when he took that photo? It's a bit lopsided.

Dublin 4

Rating agencies are the biggest danger to mankind since large scale banking speculation than kinda* ended in 2008.

* By that I mean most of the serious stuff and ya I know it still goes on. :(
Will they turn harder against each other in parallel with the wheel of global economics???

Dublin 4

I'll give you a dig-out.
Thanks Norm - are you goin soft cos of my appreciation of your Vin OP's???? :lol:

Regardless of Vin B - this is a new convolution of an already unsavory momentum...

Dublin 4

Surely this story says a lot about where we are - a Rater knocking the other Rater down...

BlackLion

Will they turn harder against each other in parallel with the wheel of global economics???
Wheel? I'm sure you mean proper professional intelligent care.....

[video=youtube;tPyOvxpZ_xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyOvxpZ_xE[/video]

Mad as Fish

Wheel? I'm sure you mean proper professional intelligent care.....

[video=youtube;tPyOvxpZ_xE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPyOvxpZ_xE[/video]
I hadn't realised high finance was run in such a sophisticated and deliberative manner.

Hewson

Surely this story says a lot about where we are - a Rater knocking the other Rater down...
ALL Rating Agencies were downgraded by anybody who mattered after the bust of 2008 when their judgement on what constituted a good investment came into question.

Anglo Irish Bank had a double A (or was it triple A?) rating in 2007. The Agencies were apparently impressed with the Bank's almost vertical rise on the business graph and don't seem to have bothered too much asking 'how come . . ?'

The Agencies are the financial world's equivalent of the hoola-hoola bird, flying in ever diminishing circles until they disappear up their own holes.

And they won't be missed.

petaljam

ALL Rating Agencies were downgraded by anybody who mattered after the bust of 2008 when their judgement on what constituted a good investment came into question.
I wish you were right, and maybe this latest development will help us get there, but when you see all the fuss about first the US then various EU countries losing their triple A, (or not, and with governments wiping metaphorical sweat of their metaphorical brow when it wasn't them) it seems to be only the people in the street who are pointing out that maybe the credit ratings aren't worth the screen-ink it took to work them out and post them.

Journos and economists, and everyone with any actual input into these things still seem to think credit ratings agencies are god.

Why?? :evil:

Analyzer

I am surprised that these jokers are still in business.

The mainstream Ratings Agencies are jokers, in a way that has similarities with the lamestream media.

The greatest orony of all is that there is a Chinese state owned ratings agency and is more accurate in it's assessment of the ratings of Western governments.

Analyzer

When are we going to this EU rating agency so we don't have to care to much what they get up in Wall Street. Haven't the Chinese got one?
I reckon the EU will turn out to be an absolute joke. A ratings agency reporting to the EU Commission ? Farcical.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies