Starbucks To Close 8000 Of It's Stores For Racial Training.

Wilkinson

Starbucks says it will close its 8,000 company-owned stores in the United States for one afternoon to educate employees about racial bias.

The announcement follows an uproar over the arrest of two black men who were waiting for a friend at a Philadelphia Starbucks last week. The store manager called the police.

The racial bias training will be provided on May 29 to about 175,000 workers.

"I've spent the last few days in Philadelphia with my leadership team listening to the community, learning what we did wrong and the steps we need to take to fix it," Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said in a statement.

"While this is not limited to Starbucks, we're committed to being a part of the solution," he said. "Closing our stores for racial bias training is just one step in a journey that requires dedication from every level of our company and partnerships in our local communities."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-starbucks-chicago-boycott-philadelphia-arrests-0418-story.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philadelphia-starbucks/starbucks-to-close-8000-u-s-stores-for-one-afternoon-for-racial-bias-training-idUSKBN1HO2UF

Starbucks says the training will be developed with guidance from experts including former Attorney General Eric Holder.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/arrest-of-two-black-men-in-starbucks-spa-idUSRTX5RLEL

[video=youtube;X_XhhbE4g6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XhhbE4g6M[/video]

SEAMAI

Now if only they could do something about the shíte coffee, (I still won't give them my custom though).

silverharp

sounds like pr bullshiit , they were kicked out for not buying anything not for being black

Strawberry

sounds like pr bullshiit , they were kicked out for not buying anything not for being black
There were also white people in the restaurant who hadn't bought anything and weren't kicked out, which seems weird to me but apparently its normal for people to hang out in Starbucks and not buy anything.

silverharp

There were also white people in the restaurant who hadn't bought anything and weren't kicked out, which seems weird to me but apparently its normal for people to hang out in Starbucks and not buy anything.
they also asked for keys to use the loo, they drew attention to themselves

EUrJokingMeRight

Starbucks is for losers.

The cops should have arrested EVERYONE in there for bad taste and Starbucks should close 8,000 of its sh1thole cafes permanently.

tsarbomb

When I read the headline I thought they were finally going to start hiring Irish people here.

dizillusioned

Starbucks is for losers.

The cops should have arrested EVERYONE in there for bad taste and Starbucks should close 8,000 of its sh1thole cafes permanently.
Of course they should, it is nice that you speak for millions of people internationally and can say everyone who uses Starbucks is a looser.... I suppose you pick your own coffee and roast it at home?

firefly123

8000 stores? So that's south San Francisco covered.

blinding

Its criminal how much they charge for the Coffee and it doesn’t matter if its Black or White !

How come no one worries about the Inequality between the Rich and the Poor ?

There is a lot of that about !

silverharp

So what? You don't have to hide it in Starbucks if you're not ordering anything, its part of their thing to let people hang out there.
ita a private company , they have a right to do this, starbucks withdrew their consent :lol: , no means no , they kick out all kinds of people for not buying stuff

Starbucks denies pregnant woman use of bathroom | Fox News

A Phoenix-area Starbucks is facing criticism for denying a pregnant woman use of its bathroom, even after she said she would buy an item.

Ilana Scheinker , who is eight-months pregnant, was driving with her husband when the urge to go suddenly hit.

She walked into a local Starbucks on Tuesday morning and asked to use the bathroom, which required a code to unlock the door. Scheinker says the barista refused, and told the mother-to-be that she needed to make a purchase first, reports 12 news.

Popular Threads

Most Replies