Starbucks To Close 8000 Of It's Stores For Racial Training.

firefly123

Do we have Starbucks here?
Yeah. Don't leave your car too long at a set of traffic lights or it will have a bloody Starbucks in it before you pull off.

They are now building them and seeking retrospective planning.

I'm no expert But Their coffee tastes burnt.

benroe

Starbucks says it will close its 8,000 company-owned stores in the United States for one afternoon to educate employees about racial bias.

The announcement follows an uproar over the arrest of two black men who were waiting for a friend at a Philadelphia Starbucks last week. The store manager called the police.

The racial bias training will be provided on May 29 to about 175,000 workers.

"I've spent the last few days in Philadelphia with my leadership team listening to the community, learning what we did wrong and the steps we need to take to fix it," Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said in a statement.

"While this is not limited to Starbucks, we're committed to being a part of the solution," he said. "Closing our stores for racial bias training is just one step in a journey that requires dedication from every level of our company and partnerships in our local communities."

Starbucks to close stores afternoon of May 29 for racial bias training - Chicago Tribune

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philadelphia-starbucks/starbucks-to-close-8000-u-s-stores-for-one-afternoon-for-racial-bias-training-idUSKBN1HO2UF

Starbucks says the training will be developed with guidance from experts including former Attorney General Eric Holder.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/arrest-of-two-black-men-in-starbucks-spa-idUSRTX5RLEL

[video=youtube;X_XhhbE4g6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XhhbE4g6M[/video]
If these guys had left when they were asked by the staff then the police would not have been called, if they had left when the police asked them to, they would not have been arrested.

Strawberry

ita a private company , they have a right to do this, starbucks withdrew their consent :lol: , no means no , they kick out all kinds of people for not buying stuff

Starbucks denies pregnant woman use of bathroom | Fox News
No they don't have the right to discriminate against people on the grounds of race, that's against federal civil rights laws in the US. And if you read your own link you'll find the employee who refused access to the pregnant woman was in the wrong too according to Starbucks.

EUrJokingMeRight

Of course they should, it is nice that you speak for millions of people internationally and can say everyone who uses Starbucks is a looser.... I suppose you pick your own coffee and roast it at home?
Not at all. That has nothing to do with it. Have you ever gone into a Starbucks? If so, you'll know what I'm talking about.

What about MacDonalds? Are you a fan?
Burger King?
etc..

silverharp

OrderoftheDragon

What in the name of god, do these diversity trainers do for the other 364 days of the year ? #boycottstarbucks

Strawberry

there is a company policy about kicking out non customers , discussion on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starbucks/comments/6yhtu0/kicking_out_the_noncustomers/
It doesn't matter what reddit says, people who were there that day say there were white people in the place who also didn't buy anything, one of whom also asked for a code to get into the toilet and nobody called the police on them. Any half decent lawyer could easily argue that they were treated differently due to their membership of a protected class, and obviously the CEO of Starbucks has the intelligence to know that even if you don't.

PC Principle

Starbucks says it will close its 8,000 company-owned stores in the United States for one afternoon to educate employees about racial bias.

The announcement follows an uproar over the arrest of two black men who were waiting for a friend at a Philadelphia Starbucks last week. The store manager called the police.

The racial bias training will be provided on May 29 to about 175,000 workers.

"I've spent the last few days in Philadelphia with my leadership team listening to the community, learning what we did wrong and the steps we need to take to fix it," Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson said in a statement.

"While this is not limited to Starbucks, we're committed to being a part of the solution," he said. "Closing our stores for racial bias training is just one step in a journey that requires dedication from every level of our company and partnerships in our local communities."

Starbucks to close stores afternoon of May 29 for racial bias training - Chicago Tribune

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philadelphia-starbucks/starbucks-to-close-8000-u-s-stores-for-one-afternoon-for-racial-bias-training-idUSKBN1HO2UF

Starbucks says the training will be developed with guidance from experts including former Attorney General Eric Holder.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/arrest-of-two-black-men-in-starbucks-spa-idUSRTX5RLEL

[video=youtube;X_XhhbE4g6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_XhhbE4g6M[/video]
More virtue signaling nonsense.

I wonder, did they ever manage to hire those 10,000 refugees they claimed they would?

Shower of losers, and so are their fake commie loving soy-boy customers.

amist4

It doesn't matter what reddit says, people who were there that day say there were white people in the place who also didn't buy anything, one of whom also asked for a code to get into the toilet and nobody called the police on them. Any half decent lawyer could easily argue that they were treated differently due to their membership of a protected class, and obviously the CEO of Starbucks has the intelligence to know that even if you don't.
Protected class? You’d swear they were a species of gerbil.

Morgellons

All this racism everywhere is terrible. Weren't we so much better off without blacks a few years ago?

Strawberry

Protected class? You’d swear they were a species of gerbil.
That's the language used in US federal law - protected classes = race, gender, sexuality and religion. You can't refuse service to anyone on the basis of any of those criteria without breaking the law.

silverharp

That's the language used in US federal law - protected classes = race, gender, sexuality and religion. You can't refuse service to anyone on the basis of any of those criteria without breaking the law.
so let me get this straight, all the white people have to be kicked out before you start on the blacks? or you can never kick out blacks? can they role a dice maybe? :rolleyes: where are asians in all of this?

OrderoftheDragon

#boycottstarbucks

irish_bob

Now if only they could do something about the shíte coffee, (I still won't give them my custom though).
how in the name of jaysus do starbucks manage to sell anything ?, they dont even make there own sandwiches and the cofffee is no better than in mc donalds which isnt saying much

Strawberry

so let me get this straight, all the white people have to be kicked out before you start on the blacks? or you can never kick out blacks? can they role a dice maybe? :rolleyes: where are asians in all of this?
You can't kick people out because they are black, (or white, or any other race).

amist4

Since when was lounging around private property without spending a penny a service?

silverharp

You can't kick people out because they are black, (or white, or any other race).
anyway the trump loving kkk supporting types they usually employ at starbucks has been fired :rolleyes:

Strawberry

Since when was lounging around private property without spending a penny a service?
Sounds weird to me too, but apparently that's normal in American coffee shops. And that being the case you can't allow a shop full of white people to do it and then tell the two black guys to leave.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies