• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Staring At Lakes.

Radix

cathalbrugha

Disregarding the zippo, I saw this and it blew me away (warning Zip this is deep and you are not to make fun of it!!)

Joshua Prager: In search of the man who broke my neck | Video on TED.com
Pragers answer to Yeats question..O body swayed to music, O brightening glance, How can we know the dancer from the dance? that both are hopelessly entwined is interesting..

I wonder if Abid was aware that Prager had looked at Abids police statement from the time of the accident when he failed to mention anything about a bus driver..

Dispite the passage of time and his belief that it was Gods fault, as he had ordained the accident Abid was still able to rationalize the events and told Prager that the accident was in fact caused by a bus driver who wouldn't move out of his way. prager suggested that the accident had prevented him from becoming A Doctor. But did the accident prevent him from becoming A Doctor? What is A Doctor? Someone that heals people?

Truly one of the most remarkable and most deeply moving of TED talks.

Joshua Prager, you are indeed brave and lucky - perhaps even blessed.

There is much for all Americans to learn from Joshua's experience, injuries, remorse, anger, rehabilitation, determination and realization

I greatly admire him for what he's set out to do and what he's done; I would not have had the discipline, even, to intellectually relinquish my two-word goal.

Wonderful.

So, being aware of how valuable to maintain healthy ideas about everything that we care about may be the most import task of our minds.

This is one of the finest examples of the clash between cultures; one culture is, the Western, and the other, the Muslim.

Thank you Joshua, for sharing your story

Truly a highly evolved human being.

Indeed commendable that he emerged as stronger, determined and successful man - truly an inspiration for others!

When I first started going to Narcotics Anonymous, I would hear them say: "Keep coming back. It gets better".

Snippets of the responses..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies