• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

State of the Nation. Who is Irelands Lionel Asbo?

The Field Marshal

The dumbing down of Irish culture and society has continued apace now for some years with RTE in the vanguard.

English author Martin Amis has produced a scathing novel 'Lionel Asbo" about a lowlife chav who wins the lottery and then joins the wealthy classes to fling his bling at all and sundry.

Do posters think we have equivalent types in Irish society who,suddenly enriched and having come from allegedly deprived backgrounds then corrode said society with feckless, vulgar and loutish conduct?

[video=youtube;hAUlZM-63BQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUlZM-63BQ[/video]

Last edited:

Analyzer

Good post there FM.

My answer to your question : Bertie Ahern.

He won the lotto too - he became the leader of FFinished.

And then there were all the lodgements - for which we still have not received fully credible answers.

Mini-Lotto wins each one of them.

Mountaintop

Is that the last option for the south african voda fone sales man Irish citizenship concessional offer to undermines the black peoples applications for a long time in new ross after computerised stealing ?
Really, you're wasted here....you need to write a book.

alloverbartheshouting

Is that the last option for the south african voda fone sales man Irish citizenship concessional offer to undermines the black peoples applications for a long time in new ross after computerised stealing ?

Birtie Ahern has already said before he left power that, ''We Will See how many of you will get there''. Oh my God what are we going to do ? :evil:
No mention of Mumbai Advocates. You're making progress.

The Field Marshal

Good post there FM.

My answer to your question : Bertie Ahern.

He won the lotto too - he became the leader of FFinished.

And then there were all the lodgements - for which we still have not received fully credible answers.

Mini-Lotto wins each one of them.
But was Ahern from an allegedly deprived background?

There are a number of figures in the Irish arts and entertainment industry who certainly have dumbed down things a lot.

In the political arena Tony Gregory , Noel Brown and Haughy come to mind.

Analyzer

But was Ahern from an allegedly deprived background?

There are a number of figures in the Irish arts and entertainment industry who certainly have dumbed down things a lot.
You are correct. And dumbing down was supported by Pravda all the way, over the mad decade.

I also think that Ireland's legal drug business were heavily involved in dumbing the country down, in the 1990s.

To the point that we turned into Arter's little drunken hell hole.

darkknight

Do posters think we have equivalent types in Irish society who,suddenly enriched and having come from allegedly deprived backgrounds then corrode said society with feckless, vulgar and loutish conduct?
We most certainly have.

Quite a few of them hang out here:

The Field Marshal

What about the media?

Irelands national state funded broadcastor RTE is polluted with Lionel Asbo types for many years.

These low lifes vent their daily poison which is then avidly consumed by political low lifes and presented as "Irish political discourse":roll:

shoneen

Yeah the dumbing down of culture is terrible. I much prefer the olde days when poor people knew their place!

P Ryan

I'm not sure why TFM has Noel Browne and Tony Gregory included in his list in the realms of politics, Haughey I can unsderstand...

I guess he believes in a society structured rigidly around class/caste.

The Field Marshal

Yeah the dumbing down of culture is terrible. I much prefer the olde days when poor people knew their place!
Its not a question of poor people knowing their place rather a question of a low life /feckless state dependent backward EU culture becoming accepted as the norm.

eg RTE,s Fair City and its other slimeball praising cans of vomit Love/Hate and Raw.

The Field Marshal

I'm not sure why TFM has Noel Browne and Tony Gregory included in his list in the realms of politics, Haughey I can unsderstand...

I guess he believes in a society structured rigidly around class/caste.
Au contraire.

I believe in a society of equal opportunity based upon individual effort.

Not a society dominated by state assisted fecklessness infiltrated with a distorted educational ethic that dumbs down all primary school teaching to suit the needs of the least intelligent in the classroom.