State of the Union Address 2019

Sync

Wow. He absolutely killed the room with his line on the investigation.

NYCKY

Hey - it took 17 posts before one of you classy folk decided to take a shot at an 85 year old woman recovering from cancer treatment.
I admire your faux concern but if she is so old and frail should she be on the bench to begin with?

You do know she has a history of falling asleep at the thing every year, despite that repeated thunderous applause?

livingstone

I admire your faux concern but if she is so old and frail should she be on the bench to begin with?

You do know she has a history of falling asleep at the thing every year, despite that repeated thunderous applause?
I do. If I were in her position I'd be inclined to have a few glasses of wine and a nap ahead of the SOTU as well.

But I'd also be inclined not to suggest that that, rather than recently cancer treatment, is the likeliest reason she is not there.

Dame_Enda

Now he's talking about illegal immigration.

livingstone

Yep, colour just fine.

In fact, the proportion of men wearing dark suits is far greater than the proportion of women wearing white. What's the stunt?

flavirostris

Democrats heckling him on the border. Of course they want every illegal immigrant to get in because it helps turn that electoral map purple and then blue.

Dame_Enda

Trump is correct when he says that one third of trafficked women are sexually assaulted on the way to the US. Also correct when he says that the people pushing open borders are wealthy politicians and lobbyists who themselves live behind walls and gates.

Betson

Trump says he wants emigrants to come into the USA in the highest numbers ever but he wants them to come in legally.

Met with stone silence by Democrats , how can they object to that statement ?

Dame_Enda

Trump introducing a family whose 80 yr old family members were murdered this month by illegal immigrants. Describes parents of such victims as "angel moms and dads".

NYCKY

Yep, colour just fine.

In fact, the proportion of men wearing dark suits is far greater than the proportion of women wearing white. What's the stunt?
Oh FFS stop

If you were paying attention they have been doing this for the last few years.

In 2017 it was white (not a SOTU but an equivalent)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/why-congresswomen-are-being-urged-to-wear-white-to-trumps-state-of-the-union-address.html

In February 2017, Democratic congresswomen dressed in white and made a visual statement of solidarity at Trump's joint address to Congress.

In 2018 it was black

https://www.glamour.com/gallery/2018-state-of-the-union-fashion-protest

Following the lead of the Time’s Up protest at the 2018 Golden Globes, a group of lawmakers (led by female Democrats) coordinated to wear black, both to the Address and to various boycotts hosted in tandem with it, in a show of solidarity with the #MeToo movement.

Now in 2019 we are back to white, kind of recycled really.

Have the men done similar color co-ordinations? Perhaps I missed it.

livingstone

Trump is correct when he says that one third of trafficked women are sexually assaulted on the way to the US. Also correct when he says that the people pushing open borders are wealthy politicians and lobbyists who themselves live behind walls and gates.
No one is pushing open borders. That's the first lie.

The second lie is in implying that opposition to Trump's immigration approach is only amongst 'wealthy politicians and lobbyists'. Polling consistently show more voters agree with the Dems than the GOP on immigration. That may be one reason that 18 million, 10 million and 3 million more voters voted for the Democrats in the last Senate, House and Presidential elections respectively.

flavirostris

Stony silence from Ocasio Cortez on the illegal immigrant crime thing.

Of course Trump has to meme the illegal invasion thing in terms of crime and murder but the elephant in the room is the demographic change.

That's why his voters put him in office.

livingstone

Oh FFS stop

If you were paying attention they have been doing this for the last few years.

In 2017 it was white (not a SOTU but an equivalent)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/why-congresswomen-are-being-urged-to-wear-white-to-trumps-state-of-the-union-address.html

In 2018 it was black

https://www.glamour.com/gallery/2018-state-of-the-union-fashion-protest

Now in 2019 we are back to white, kind of recycled really.

Have the men done similar color co-ordinations? Perhaps I missed it.
You tell me - most of the men are wearing the same colour. What's their stunt?

Dame_Enda

Trump pointing out that the barrier in San Diego has completely ended illegal crossings there. Points out that El Paso used to be considered one of the US's most dangerous cities, but that since the new barrier was built, its one of the safest US cities.

livingstone

Trump says he wants emigrants to come into the USA in the highest numbers ever but he wants them to come in legally.

Met with stone silence by Democrats , how can they object to that statement ?
Possibly that his steps to curb legal immigration routes render the statement a lie?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies