State to run out of cash if budget is not passed, warns Cowen (Irish Times front pg)

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane

He3

He licked his lips nervously just as he finished saying that.

controller

.......As bad as things are.........I don't believe anything that useless so-and-so says any more

controller

.........but I bet we'll always have money for his salary and pensions.....

Cassandra Syndrome

National Credit Cards to tie us over?

Cassandra Syndrome

Sure send the Gerries a lock of Post dated cheques dated 22nd December 2012, take our chances with the Mayan prophecy.

spidermom

Thought Lenihan told the Beeb we were grand????

eirepol

Website
www.sinnfein.org
Read the headline above it. Bank guarantee scheme extended (at a cost of further billions). The lie is just column inches apart, fair play IT.

Radix

Look lads, that we have already ran out of cash is a given, hence the need to borrow!

Those who need someone to 'lend' them money, by that very description, don't have money to lend.

They have no money, full stop!

I attach post from England.

Who borrowed billions to buy or build big houses, bought flash cars, holidays abroad, great big camper vans and holiday homes? Who paid themselves billions in wages that far outstripped those in the rest of Europe? Whose public sector has the highest wage and pension bill in Europe? Whose politicians are the highest paid in Europe? Who voted like sheep time and time again for the Euro, for Lisbon and all the other bloody EU treaties without reading and discussing the details properly? Who voted the politicians in to power? Who bought up massively expensive property is Ireland, the UK, the USA? Who???? The Irish! Did anyone in Ireland challenge the 'economic miracle' of the Celtic Tiger? No! You borrowed and borrowed and borrowed and spent and spent and built and no-one challenged the acts of the individual, the developer, the banks or the politicians. No-one else is to blame for the mess you are in except the Irish people as a collective. I've been travelling to Ireland since the 70's and have seen massive changes in that time, mostly good ones, however in the past 10 years all I have seen is greed and avarice where fools borrowed much, much more than they could afford and did not have the sense to see where their actions would lead. So don't try blaming the bankers or the politicians or any other single group. It was a collective failure with greed on all sides. Those who will now suffer are the poorest in society but that is the fault of the Irish people who failed to take care of their own personal, local and national responsibilities, not of Europe, nor for once can the UK be blamed (which seems to make a change). The reason that the EU is now taking control of Irish affairs is because you broke the covenant with the EU to run a responsible economy. It's too late to moan about it now. The time for reflection on the effect of the EU in Ireland was when you voted for the Euro. You have my complete sympathy as a nation and I truly hope you get back in control very soon but blaming others is a nonsense. Grow up and take your medicine. We in the UK will be taking ours very soon.

And this.

http://www.politics.ie/history/22143-anti-irish-quotes-throughout-history-2.html

jc_ie

Lets have the budget now.

Can't make a statement like that then leave it for a month.

Its already formed. We all know that. Its been shown to the EU.

The fecking Bond markets will do their nut tomorrow..

Newsy

He lies.

Who will call his bluff!!!!!

DCon

This is the reason FF pulled out of the Bond Markets, when the yields were not 8%.

They wanted to be able to say to the Greens and the back-bench fools that we will run out of cash if they do not vote for the budget.

MPB

Look lads, that we have already ran out of cash is a given, hence the need to borrow!

Those who need someone to 'lend' them money, by that very description, don't have money to lend.

They have no money, full stop!

I attach post from England.

Who borrowed billions to buy or build big houses, bought flash cars, holidays abroad, great big camper vans and holiday homes? Who paid themselves billions in wages that far outstripped those in the rest of Europe? Whose public sector has the highest wage and pension bill in Europe? Whose politicians are the highest paid in Europe? Who voted like sheep time and time again for the Euro, for Lisbon and all the other bloody EU treaties without reading and discussing the details properly? Who voted the politicians in to power? Who bought up massively expensive property is Ireland, the UK, the USA? Who???? The Irish! Did anyone in Ireland challenge the 'economic miracle' of the Celtic Tiger? No! You borrowed and borrowed and borrowed and spent and spent and built and no-one challenged the acts of the individual, the developer, the banks or the politicians. No-one else is to blame for the mess you are in except the Irish people as a collective. I've been travelling to Ireland since the 70's and have seen massive changes in that time, mostly good ones, however in the past 10 years all I have seen is greed and avarice where fools borrowed much, much more than they could afford and did not have the sense to see where their actions would lead. So don't try blaming the bankers or the politicians or any other single group. It was a collective failure with greed on all sides. Those who will now suffer are the poorest in society but that is the fault of the Irish people who failed to take care of their own personal, local and national responsibilities, not of Europe, nor for once can the UK be blamed (which seems to make a change). The reason that the EU is now taking control of Irish affairs is because you broke the covenant with the EU to run a responsible economy. It's too late to moan about it now. The time for reflection on the effect of the EU in Ireland was when you voted for the Euro. You have my complete sympathy as a nation and I truly hope you get back in control very soon but blaming others is a nonsense. Grow up and take your medicine. We in the UK will be taking ours very soon.

And this.

http://www.politics.ie/history/22143-anti-irish-quotes-throughout-history-2.html
Do us all a favour and stop reposting crap that was already exposed as crap.

Then crap, stop posting.

spidermom

Lets have the budget now.

Can't make a statement like that then leave it for a month.

Its already formed. We all know that. Its been shown to the EU.

The fecking Bond markets will do their nut tomorrow..
Can't agree....call an election.....bond markets have no confidence because of the muppets in charge....JUST GO!!!!!

New Threads