• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Stock Market crash-Housing Crash


Pauli

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
1,181
Luchtaine said:
Can the last man out of Ireland please turn out the lights
This guy is saying we are like Uganda. Ard-Taoiseach sells us Utopia. Which is it guys? Ard-Taoiseach, care to comment?
 

youngdan

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
1,378
Both. The rumour is that from now on Ard-Taoiseach will be known as His Excellency Ard-Taoiseach for Life,Field Marshall All Hadji Doctor A.-T. Dada VC,DSO,MC,CBE
 

Watcher

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
64
Pauli said:
Luchtaine said:
Can the last man out of Ireland please turn out the lights
This guy is saying we are like Uganda. Ard-Taoiseach sells us Utopia. Which is it guys? Ard-Taoiseach, care to comment?
I think it will be a bit of both. I would be surprised if we experienced an all out recession but I do believe that we will see some tough times. At worst we might see some negative growth (I'm sure there is a word for that :oops: ) but this should be very low single digits. At best we will see very low growth rates until about 2010. This all depends on how the US economy corrects itself when Bush leaves office of course.
 

freedomlover

Active member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
198
Pauli said:
Luchtaine said:
Can the last man out of Ireland please turn out the lights
This guy is saying we are like Uganda. Ard-Taoiseach sells us Utopia. Which is it guys? Ard-Taoiseach, care to comment?
There is no comparison between Ard-Taoiseach and the first poster. Ard-Taoiseach's posts are invariably well-written, detailed and full of statistics with links to the sources for them. So, anyone can check them. The first poster, on what is his first post on Politics.ie, has merely made an inane comment that is of the level a two-year-old child might make. In fact, he probably is a two-year-old child - who else is up at 6.47am?
 

supamolli

Active member
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
194
Luchtaine said:
7.47 here
What stats Im just talking common sense
Back it up. Just because you think you are talking common sense doesn't necessarily mean you are.
 

Colada

Active member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
150
Website
colada.bebo.com
Stock Market crash-Housing Crash


Sheeesh...where WILL i put my millions?
 

Stroke

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
458
Was it here I saw the most sensible contribution to the debate? Something along the lines of "Economists have successfully predicted 46 of the last 3 economic crashes....."
 

freedomlover

Active member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
198
Stroke said:
Was it here I saw the most sensible contribution to the debate? Something along the lines of "Economists have successfully predicted 46 of the last 3 economic crashes....."
Yes, I think Ard-Taoiseach posted that a few months ago. But, its out of date now. It should now read '51 of the last 3 economic crashes'.
 

Luchtaine

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Messages
37
I'm thinking of how the prepare for this economic melt down thats happening.Do you think i should buy a little fishing boat and an acre of bog to keep me warm during the winter
 

Anorakphobia

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
911
freedomlover said:
Stroke said:
Was it here I saw the most sensible contribution to the debate? Something along the lines of "Economists have successfully predicted 46 of the last 3 economic crashes....."
Yes, I think Ard-Taoiseach posted that a few months ago. But, its out of date now. It should now read '51 of the last 3 economic crashes'.
"Nice one Smashy"
"Thanks Nicey"

I'd take any economist's predictive powers over you jokers telling everyone during the Summer to load up on "World Class" companies like CRH, AIB, BOI, Grafton and a stack of other Irish crap.
 

Stroke

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
458
Anorakphobia said:
freedomlover said:
Stroke said:
Was it here I saw the most sensible contribution to the debate? Something along the lines of "Economists have successfully predicted 46 of the last 3 economic crashes....."
Yes, I think Ard-Taoiseach posted that a few months ago. But, its out of date now. It should now read '51 of the last 3 economic crashes'.
"Nice one Smashy"
"Thanks Nicey"

I'd take any economist's predictive powers over you jokers telling everyone during the Summer to load up on "World Class" companies like CRH, AIB, BOI, Grafton and a stack of other Irish crap.

Well, I can't seem to remember telling anyone to buy any shares. Can you?
 

supamolli

Active member
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
194
Luchtaine said:
supamolli said:
Luchtaine said:
7.47 here
What stats Im just talking common sense
Back it up. Just because you think you are talking common sense doesn't necessarily mean you are.
you mean like this http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=%5EI ... z=m&q=l&c=
No, that means nothing. The ISEQ has had bad days before and this hasn't led to the lights being turned off.

Back up your apparent assertion with your "turn out the lights" comment that this will lead to a total meltdown of the Irish economy.
 

Anorakphobia

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
911
No, wasn't talkin to you.

Nicey and Smashy refers to FL and Ard and their continuous back slapping "you played well, how did I play" routine.
 

kerrynorth

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
1,525
Stroke said:
Anorakphobia said:
freedomlover said:
Stroke said:
Was it here I saw the most sensible contribution to the debate? Something along the lines of "Economists have successfully predicted 46 of the last 3 economic crashes....."
Yes, I think Ard-Taoiseach posted that a few months ago. But, its out of date now. It should now read '51 of the last 3 economic crashes'.
"Nice one Smashy"
"Thanks Nicey"

I'd take any economist's predictive powers over you jokers telling everyone during the Summer to load up on "World Class" companies like CRH, AIB, BOI, Grafton and a stack of other Irish crap.

Well, I can't seem to remember telling anyone to buy any shares. Can you?
Eirenua filled his boots with CRH and AIB and advised us all to do the same just before they collapsed. Its' all on the ISEQ has crashed thread!

Once is unfortunate but twice is a bit of a pattern.
 
Top