Stoke-on-Trent By election 23/02/2017

johnny365

Yes, but the membership went along with it just as with the Irish Labour party, there was NO mass revolt.
The working classes started turning against immigration in the Blair years, it eventually lead to a scenario where Labour voters disgruntled with immigration swung the Brexit vote.

making waves

They made a massive mistake going into to a Government they lost out, but it took courage. They could have taken the easy road like the trots and shinners and complain from the sidelines while somebody else does the dirty work.
It certainly did take courage to dump thousands of families out of their homes, force thousands more to rely on food banks (that Joanie was so kind to open), to attempt to force a million households to pay water charges (that one blew up in their faces) etc - and all to bail out the gambling debts of the spivs and speculators (and let's not forget those vulture funds that they so graciously welcomed to our shores).

Northsideman

The working classes started turning against immigration in the Blair years, it eventually lead to a scenario where Labour voters disgruntled with immigration swung the Brexit vote.
Yes indeed but even now those very same people are referred to as uneducated whites as if the are some forms of sub species all the while nobody wants to really wake up and listen.

making waves

You should apply to be UKIPs Irish ambassador Johnny - I am sure they would welcome you with open arms.

Northsideman

johnny365

It certainly did take courage to dump thousands of families out of their homes, force thousands more to rely on food banks (that Joanie was so kind to open), to attempt to force a million households to pay water charges (that one blew up in their faces) etc - and all to bail out the gambling debts of the spivs and speculators (and let's not forget those vulture funds that they so graciously welcomed to our shores).
What have your heroes ever done to help working families? Getting bin services privatised is a lasting leagacy of the trots. Moaning about everything and providing no alternatives gets boring for everybody who has grown out of che Guevara t shirt.

johnny365

Yes indeed but even now those very same people are referred to as uneducated whites as if the are some forms of sub species all the while nobody wants to really wake up and listen.
No and Labour certainly are not listening by putting a trot who wants mass immigration as leader the very issue that lost the British working class for the party. It's obvious that Corbyn is going to fail miserably the matter needs to be decimated with Corbynat the helm to cure itself of the trots.

Northsideman

What have your heroes ever done to help working families? Getting bin services privatised is a lasting leagacy of the trots. Moaning about everything and providing no alternatives gets boring for everybody who has grown out of che Guevara t shirt.
People just want promises kept not saying it will be Labour's way and then voting Frankfurt's way, folk in Labour still don't get that, to busy polishing their halos.

johnny365

That kind of rhetoric usually comes from the far left trot wings.

devoutcapitalist

I'm no fan of UKIP but I hope Nuttall wins this by-election. There might be a slight chance that some Labour members who supported Corbyn in the Autumn might actually realise what a disaster he has been as LP leader.

Labour will deservedly get tanked at the next election.

devoutcapitalist

As for the Copeland by election I can see Labour winning, governments don't normally take opposition seats in a by election.

the secretary

Probably not. His supporters are far more interested in controlling the Labour Movement than in controlling the country.
Well said.
Them far left nutters that have themselves wrapped around Corbyn will never ever win an election.
The only organisation that they can impose their will on is the Labour party that they have taken over.
Why some of them people were attracted to Labour in the first place is confusing. The English Labour party is not left wing.
They are the Conservatives biggest asset, the fools.

Titan

Website
www.forumbox.co.uk
I'm no fan of UKIP but I hope Nuttall wins this by-election. There might be a slight chance that some Labour members who supported Corbyn in the Autumn might actually realise what a disaster he has been as LP leader.

Agree, but Corbyn's supporters are of the Michael Foot way of thinking. Disarm nuclear weapons, lets hold hands with Putin, hug hoodies etc. (ok, hoodies wern't around when Foot was!)

If Corbyn supporters want to create their own far left party, they should sod off and do so. If Labour do get creamed at the next election, then finally the Labour party might oust Corbyn and co then. But will it be too late?

If UKIP will this seat and I reckon they will, that's two MPs they'll have. UKIP only need to win a few more by elections to overtake the Lib Dems. This maybe, just maybe, the start of the rise of UKIP.

ffc

The next election, if it takes place in 2020, will take place in a very different world from today.

I imagine Corbyn is waiting for a competent leftist to emerge, who can take his place. Unfortunately Blair denuded the Labour Party of any radical thinking and most of the PLP consists of managerial types, with no vision, no talent and no ideas. Maybe Clive Lewis, though he is very inexperienced. One thing, for sure, it wasn't Corbyn who destroyed the Scottish Labour Party.

The two Lab MPs who resigned in Stoke and Copeland were, likewise, never likely to inspire Scotland or re-engage the Lab kippers.

keltic

The establishment are doing dirty tricks against UKIP, so they must be doing something good:

How is it that EDL Fascist types have their photos taken with them?

[video=youtube;wjxAN0T7KIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjxAN0T7KIQ[/video]

Popular Threads

Most Replies