Stop blaming the electorate

oggy

Is it realistic to assume that a majority of message board users are among the 30% of the electorate who do not vote ?

johnnypockets

explain that twisted logic to me will you, I didnt vote, never voted and never will vote in the current system as it is the system that the english brought to us via a gun which was just copied and pasted to suit the so called gentry of modern ireland
Seriously, its time to move on.

johnnypockets

Is it realistic to assume that a majority of message board users are among the 30% of the electorate who do not vote ?
I hope not. Everybody should vote. The system may not be perfect but its what we have.

johnnypockets

I still think that if we don't vote we are in a way supporting the current structure. Apathy means those in charge, stay in charge.

jpc

And Joan Burton standing outside the Dáil with the CS unions wasn't political expediency.
100% correct. Indulging VI's is over.
Efficient government of what's left to is the priority from here in.
That doesn't mean you are going to be popular.
Then again government isn't meant to be a "one for everyone in the audience" exercise as practised by FF

jpc

I still think that if we don't vote we are in a way supporting the current structure. Apathy means those in charge, stay in charge.
+1 You don't vote
You don't have a right to whinge.

ifreannach

+1 You don't vote
You don't have a right to whinge.
lol, twisted logic jpc, when you vote you give your right for someone to speak for you so YOU do not have a right to whinge when they decide in your best interest to fvck the country, whereas noone can or ever will speak or represent me in any capacity....i am a free man

voting in a secret ballot is the cowards way, heres my freedom, you tell me what to do now please....pathetic

Raketemensch

Truly from someone with no social insights. Bothering to register and post takes far more commitment than voting. Use your judgement.

Tea Party Patriot

what vote for status quo, your havin a laugh mate aint ya

your still unable to move like the rabbit, cant see outside your box
I can't understand people who don't vote. If they are unhappy with the available candidates then they should run themselves and put their own proposals to change the status quo to the electorate.

jpc

lol, twisted logic jpc, when you vote you give your right for someone to speak for you so YOU do not have a right to whinge when they decide in your best interest to fvck the country, whereas noone can or ever will speak or represent me in any capacity....i am a free man

voting in a secret ballot is the cowards way, heres my freedom, you tell me what to do now please....pathetic

So your alternative is?
The Swiss referendum method is a good idea.
If the apathetic Irish electorate would bother engaging in the decision making process

jpc

And thats the way the politico's like it.

New Threads

Most Replies