• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Stop everything. South Dublin has a short power cut

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Big swinging, we had 4 power cuts here last week. Where is South Dublin anyway? what happens there? and why the news worthiness ?

sic transit

The public interest may be in the "thousands affected".

EUrJokingMeRight

The public interest may be in the "thousands affected".
500 homes? hardly a huge number...even 5,000 homes is not an emergency. We had a power cut in the middle of the day, lunchtime in fact. Off I went to the chemist and bought some methylated spirits, had to sign for it, and got out the trangia and made some tea and pasta for ourselves and a couple of elderly neighbours. An hour later electricity was back on.

It's news only because it was South Dublin.

Asparagus

The Indo is the D4 local paper.
They got a spokesman out this morning.

I can see it now some guy in overalls on a hastily erected platform, microphones shoved in his face, flash bulbs going off a helicopter circling, someone holding up John 3:16.

Won't some one think of the children for focks sake

sic transit

24 hour news cycle. 500 homes is still thousands of people. :) It could just have easily been a story about a spate of bicycle bell robberies.

EUrJokingMeRight

or a shortage of leather chaps at the hollister store.

eoghanacht

Has the UN been notified?

Are there NGO whisking their way there as we speak?

Somewhere in leafy Donnybrook Fionnachás had to go to school with a belly full of cold porridge.

Asparagus

24 hour news cycle. 500 homes is still thousands of people. :) It could just have easily been a story about a spate of bicycle bell robberies.
But cork say, needs to be 4 foot under water before they get a mention.

Hey I'm from south Dublin and I think it's funny

Asparagus

Has the UN been notified?

Are there NGO whisking their way there as we speak?

Somewhere in leafy Donnybrook Fionnachás had to go to school with a belly full of cold porridge.
Its ok, Fallen and Byrne are preparing food drops.
Fois gras, steak tartar and creme brûlée.
No need to heat.

Louis Copeland is supplying emergency cravats and Kildare Village has sent up a supply of high heels.

EUrJokingMeRight

In fairness southsiders cannot function without a fully charged ios device.

gijoe

That's child abuse if it was one of the own brand porridges. Fergus Finnickey says this is a childrens rights issue and has called in Mary Robinson to cry a few symbolic tears on behalf of Fionnachas.....

eoghanacht

That's child abuse if it was one of the own brand porridges. Fergus Finnickey says this is a childrens rights issue and has called in Mary Robinson to cry a few symbolic tears on behalf of Fionnachas.....
Mahuta in Sierra Leone was so touched by the suffering he has donated his only pair of shoes.

Last edited:

sic transit

But cork say, needs to be 4 foot under water before they get a mention.

Hey I'm from south Dublin and I think it's funny
Cork has to be better than everyone else including minor disasters!!

Asparagus

Mahuta in Sierra Leone was such touched by the suffering he has donated his only pair of shoes.
Geldof and Elton John are in the studio recording "Keep on Focks Rocking in the free world" to raise awareness

beazlebottom

.................................for a (large) undisclosed fee, of course.

zakalwe1

Of thank goodness. I don't think the people of Ireland could bare to see the people of South Dublin suffer a minute more
c'mon lads, it was more serious than you think...
all the alarms in the neighbourhood were set off and interrupted my afternoon nap. and i had to have a mexican shower before the 4 ball with ross and the lads in elm park.

Victor Meldrew

It is getting serious now, Just in:

A coffee morning went ahead this morning off Brewery Road, in a spirit of stoic reserve, Thanks to the Aga, it has been possible to produce drop scones, however, calamity struck when it was discovered that the cream in the Roulade had turned.

A Rekki healer has bee called for.