Stormont Gave UDA groups £5 million of Tax-payers money

Novos

I see ex-sf minister was treasurer of a ira grou that got 1.3m of British taxpayers money and then failed to file accounts.

Terrorist past of members of group awarded £1.3m - Belfast Newsletter
ffs I thought you of all people would have known how it works.

IRA murder cold bloodedly countless innocent civilians.......... These things happen in war.
British Army shoots IRA Man ............. This is a disgrace, call an Enquiry arrest and imprison them.
IRA get millions off taxpayer......... these things happens when conflict ends and combatants have to be integrated in society.
UDA get money from taxpayer.......... This is a disgrace, call an Enquiry arrest and imprison them.

death or glory

ffs I thought you of all people would have known how it works.

IRA murder cold bloodedly countless innocent civilians.......... These things happen in war.
British Army shoots IRA Man ............. This is a disgrace, call an Enquiry arrest and imprison them.
IRA get millions off taxpayer......... these things happens when conflict ends and combatants have to be integrated in society.
UDA get money from taxpayer.......... This is a disgrace, call an Enquiry arrest and imprison them.
Just thought I would highlight it, although if it was up to me none of these groups would get any money but as they say its the cost of peace (or not attacking the other side).

Novos

Just thought I would highlight it, although if it was up to me none of these groups would get any money but as they say its the cost of peace (or not attacking the other side).
Money ended it. The Government just worked out that it was cheaper to buy them off than to risk another Canary Wharf. That's what ended the IRA threat to the state. Bugs Bunny, a few titles and an illusion of power to save face.
The loyalist problem was they weren't a threat to the state so the state had no reason to pay them off. But when they saw the money the provies were getting they had to create a threat to peace to get paid. It is working. All those shows of strength in Larne and Carrick, Twaddell Ave etc are just ways of showing they have to be bought off as well.

AhNowStop

So Dee Stitt is looking more Mula to make the UDA go away :roll:

Dee Stitt proposal to Stormont to fund wind-down of UDA
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/dee-stitt-proposal-to-stormont-to-fund-wind-down-of-uda-1-8479390

I suppose it explains why these loyalists had "yet another" wee press conference recently stating that they wanted to cease illegality :roll:

Loyalist paramilitary groups 'to support rule of law'
Loyalist paramilitary groups 'to support rule of law' - BBC News

btw, this is from 2006... there are "many" more examples of this...
UDA wants handout of £30m to disband
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jul/16/politics.northernireland

its a feckin joke .. the DUP/UDA link is disgraceful but theres hardly a word about it .. only in NI eh :roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies