• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Straight Pride in Trump's America

Beachcomber

You get this sort of thing from time to time.

Some people have decided that it's time for a Straight Pride Parade in Boston this summer. This has sparked a discussion on Twitter, with a large number of SJWs complaining that such a thing shouldn't be allowed.

My view is that if these people feel the need, then let them parade away. However elements of the allegedly tolerant progressive SJW mob want any Straight Pride Parade banned. Surely that's not tolerance. The argument from the angry SJWs appears to be that people can only parade if they are oppressed.

Has society descended to the point where only the supposedly oppressed can hold a parade?

"A lively discussion has kicked off on Twitter over the merits of straight people having their own Pride events.

A plan by a group in Boston, US, to hold a '"straight pride" march in August has sparked more than 45,000 tweets in the last 24 hours.

The group - Super Happy Fun America - has applied to the city government to hold their march, and approval is currently pending."

Dame_Enda

As an LGBT person, I don't mind heterosexuals having their own Pride events as long as it doesnt become a front for anti LGBT statements or activities.

Beachcomber

As an LGBT person, I don't mind heterosexuals having their own Pride events as long as it doesnt become a front for anti LGBT statements or activities.
Are there any anti-straight statements or activities at LGBT parades?

I'm with you Dame. So long as there is no hate messaging involved, why shouldn't straight people have a parade if they want to?

I really can't understand LGBT people getting into a fuss about someone else wanting to have a parade that doesn't involve them.

Beachcomber

Why can't they all march together.
Indeed.

An "up with people" event.

The gays wouldn't be in favour of that though. They want an event that is dedicated to their sub-grouping of society.

I think the idea of Straight Pride parades is hilarious. It ends up showing the hypocrisy of many of the LGBT people.

Herr Rommel

Indeed.

The gays wouldn't be in favour of that though. They want an event that is dedicated to their sub-grouping of society.

I think the idea of Straight Pride parades is hilarious. It ends up showing the hypocrisy of many of the LGBT people.
South Park vibe which I can respect.

O'Sullivan Bere

...which it probably is insofar as dog whistling or worse, but none the less, they're entitled to hold one within content-neutral 'time, place and manner' criteria.

Last edited:

Lagertha

It's a lot of nonsense and I don't think many people would take it seriously. I have no problem with LGBT Pride. I do find all the fuss and attention on black everything to be extremely annoying. Try pulling a Music of White Origin event and see what happens. I overheard a snippet of conversation between some young lads in school uniform at lunchtime, only leaving or junior cert age but the bit I heard was referring to something he said to some other lad ''so I said to him shut up you fooking queer''. In this day and age it's as pathetic to hear that crap from someone of that age as it is to see someone of their age smoking. Thick and ignorant.

O'Sullivan Bere

Indeed.

I wouldn't lump in 'the gays' comprehensively as opposed to such a thing. Surely many straight people likewise find the idea suspect insofar as dog whistling and/or pointless and may mock the idea like they would with an 'oppressed Wall Street/white man' parade or something similar, but opposing it being held is another issue and certainly not each and every LGBT person would.

owedtojoy

You get this sort of thing from time to time.

Some people have decided that it's time for a Straight Pride Parade in Boston this summer. This has sparked a discussion on Twitter, with a large number of SJWs complaining that such a thing shouldn't be allowed.

My view is that if these people feel the need, then let them parade away. However elements of the allegedly tolerant progressive SJW mob want any Straight Pride Parade banned. Surely that's not tolerance. The argument from the angry SJWs appears to be that people can only parade if they are oppressed.

Has society descended to the point where only the supposedly oppressed can hold a parade?

"A lively discussion has kicked off on Twitter over the merits of straight people having their own Pride events.

A plan by a group in Boston, US, to hold a '"straight pride" march in August has sparked more than 45,000 tweets in the last 24 hours.

The group - Super Happy Fun America - has applied to the city government to hold their march, and approval is currently pending."
I know straight people who love gay pride parades because they are fun, they are outrageous, they are dressy and they give a chance for straight people to support their gay friends.

Why not a parade to celebrate sex, fun, lust and human coupling in general?

Pyewacket

I don't often pop in here nowadays to shoot the breeze but the hill billy clan could have done with some nice gay men to tell them they frankly looked like five pounds of shit in a two pound bag on their Big Disney Trip to England

The lop sided tits, the big arses , the curtains tied together to make a suit, and that was just the men...

Peter72

I know straight people who love gay pride parades because they are fun, they are outrageous, they are dressy and they give a chance for straight people to support their gay friends.

Why not a parade to celebrate sex, fun, lust and human coupling in general?
Ugh.........🤢

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies