• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Straight Pride Parades - There goes the gaybourhood

Happytolearn

Straight Pride - Campaign For Heterosexual Equal Rights

An interesting development in the supposed struggle for equal rights for straight people. 'If gay people have pride, why shouldn't straight people have it too? We intend to make this a reality.' -
I'm not sure why they should presume straight people don't have pride already - and find it a little patronising that they feel they can bestow it. Other quotes worth a mention (just about):

'We want the right to march and say that we are straight and proud, in the current political correct society we are unable to do this. We are oppressed and silenced'

• Heterosexuals do not have equality, homosexuals have more rights then any sector of society. They have the right to take over city streets, dress ridiculously, and parade with danger and contempt. Straight Pride, is normal everyday people, dressed normally, walking normally, to raise awareness of being straight, and being PROUD to be heterosexual.'

Do you think 'Straight Pride' will become as popular as its gay counterpart? Personally I find this sarcastic, cynical and witheringly droll.

Fr. Hank Tree

Do you think 'Straight Pride' will become as popular as its gay counterpart? Personally I find this sarcastic, cynical and witheringly droll.
Not really because people can see through its cynicism. It's a negative posing as a positive kinda like those fake religions like 'pastafarianism'.

Last edited:

Happytolearn

Not really because people can see through its cynicism. It's a negative posing as a positive kinda like those fake religions like pastafarianism. An indirect way of belittling something else.
In fact - by posting this thread I've helped boost it's hits. Silly boy.

Lempo

There might be a minor point there that pretty much everyone are encouraged, to some extent, nowadays to take pride on what they are but if you even think of doing that as a white heterosexual male you get taken awfully wrong.

Yes, the whites and males and heterosexuals have throughout the history been putting down those different, but it can feel a bit unfail for an individual living in 2010s if that sort of gets pinned on him... that is to say, me. Because I'm trying as hard as I can, you oppressed feckers.

firefly123

We're great!
We're straight!
Get used to it!

Lempo

It's a fun idea though, a bunch of guys parading with big signs like "I'm into pussy!" and "100% straight!".

They would have floats... made of closet doors.

Happytolearn

There might be a minor point there that pretty much everyone are encouraged, to some extent, nowadays to take pride on what they are but if you even think of doing that as a white heterosexual male you get taken awfully wrong.

Yes, the whites and males and heterosexuals have throughout the history been putting down those different, but it can feel a bit unfail for an individual living in 2010s if that sort of gets pinned on him... that is to say, me. Because I'm trying as hard as I can, you oppressed feckers.
I think everyone deserves to be proud of themselves - straight, gay, bi, whatever. I don't think it's fair for straight white men to be made to feel guilty for who and what they are - certainly not nowadays. The authors of this site clearly feel gay people being proud of themselves is a direct attack on the pride they may or may not feel for themselves - it's all a little skewed to me.

johnny365

I find these pride things gay or straight ridiculous, your sexuality is your own business why make it so public? I dont care who is gay bi or straight just live there own lives stop worrying what other people think.

Popular Threads

Most Replies