Straight razor blades versus disposable?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45466
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45466

Seems that one can't buy replacement blades for the Gillette Mach III sensor range. Presumably this is because Gillette want you to buy their new sooper dooper blade, which are, in my opinion, over priced.

Having carefully considered it, I decided to switch to a straight blade. Yes, the initial capital outlay is higher, and you have to maintain the blade's sharpness, but I must say that the result is a proper manly shave. Also I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for "hi tech" replacement blades that are not the best a man can get; they're simply not able to cut through my manly beard of power.

Here's the type of blade I'm using:

https://www.theinvisibleedge.co.uk/starter-kits/370-traditonal-starter-kit-osma-version-with-dovo-razor.html

Ladies comments are welcome too. Might make a nice Crimbo prezzie for the special man in your life, and I'd imagine there's a few pairs of hairy legs out there, irate hubbies complaining about stolen razor blades etc.

Discuss.

ger12

Grow a beard.

D

Deleted member 45466

Yeh, I grew last Summer, but shaved it off. Didn't like it.

ger12

Maybe you should try a bent razor, much more fun than a straight one I hear.

ger12

Did you keep a moustache?

I think if he will not have a beard a man should have at least a moustache.

Anyway waxing is the way to go.
I dunno, there's something a little creepy about moustaches.

Guys are way too anal these days about body hair, actually waxing their backs and bottoms. Very sad.

alloverbartheshouting

I dunno, there's something a little creepy about moustaches.

Guys are way too anal these days about body hair, actually waxing their backs and bottoms. Very sad.
I dunno, Ger. I think it depends on the man...

Exhibit A, m'luds:

ger12

Ellen Ripley

Clean-shaven men are altogether more buff--getting close to a man with facial hair must be like kissing a bird's nest (not that I've done that either)

And Tarzan had to manage with only a knife, Calc.

redhead

Never in a house with children.

Best friend when I was little nearly slit his baby sister's throat by attempting to shave her hairless three year old face "like daddy" when they were in the bath.

His mother had the unenviable task of trying to sound calm while asking her six year old son to "put the razor down and give it to mummy".

Luckily the only damage he managed was to nick her lip. Even though it was 1980 and beards were passe, the father grew his back.

Last edited:

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Rots is so sharp faced that that even his jowl is like a ski-slope...:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 45466

[video=youtube;qDR_1hg-xNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDR_1hg-xNs&t=6s[/video]

Gin Soaked

Shaving is the first thing I do after staggering out of bed. I am terrible in the mornings, and the idea of using anything that can cut me is a non runner.

Yes, I could go have life giving coffee first, and then shave, shower and dress , but that would mean going back upstairs....

I get a month or so out of each razor head...

How hairy are you lot ...?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies