Street View Set to Go Live

SKELLY

Why is Mary Hanafin not only appearing at the launch but officially launching it?!

bobbysands81

After a considerable delay, the Irish version of Google Street View is set to go live later today.

Now I'll get to try and spot myself on the several times I saw the Google car passing me!

Irish version of Google's Street View to go live today - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 30, 2010
This might be a stupid question... but does anyone know how to get onto the "street view" site? Will it be a matter of just logging onto to google or google maps and it'll just be there?

Also the google car passed me by as well so I'll be on the look out for myself too!

Twin Towers

Google street view is set to become unworkable in Germany with hundreds of thousands taking googles offer to have their properties pixeled out.

Why were only the Germans and not the Irish given this option?

SKELLY

above the zoom scrollbar on maps is an icon of a little man. You simply click and drag him to where ever you want to see and it will then change to the street view.
Try it on somewhere like new york.

johnfás

This might be a stupid question... but does anyone know how to get onto the "street view" site? Will it be a matter of just logging onto to google or google maps and it'll just be there?

Also the google car passed me by as well so I'll be on the look out for myself too!
On google maps there is a little yellow man icon on the left hand side of the map. From tomorrow morning you should be able to drag him onto the map and then it will transform to streetview. Give it a go in London.

whitehall london - Google Maps

ManUnited

It's not a site.It's part of 'google earth'.you have to download the software (from google) and then run it and bingo there you go.

ICallely

Another question: Can I take some reference from Street view and email it to someone, and they can use the reference to see the same place as myself?

It would be useful for viewing a property, or for seeing exactly where a business was, or similar?

RyeSixSeven

Another question: Can I take some reference from Street view and email it to someone, and they can use the reference to see the same place as myself?

It would be useful for viewing a property, or for seeing exactly where a business was, or similar?
Yes, the "Link" button on the top right hand side in google maps gives you a link you can send. People are having fun using it on boards.ie

Google Street View coming to Ireland - Page 27 - boards.ie

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies