Streetview Ireland

johntrenchard

Looks like Google is launching Streetview for Ireland tommorow (30th Sept)

via Adrian Weckler (adrianweckler) on Twitter

Oops! Apparently I shouldn't've tweeted that. It's embargoed. But Google only picked a couple of hacks to tell. I wasn't one of em. Oh well.
14 minutes ago via web

So Google is to launch Streetview in Ireland tomorrow?
22 minutes ago via web

alonso

Great stuff...

Maybe I can find that car I lost last year

Roll_On

sounds like a bit of a wishy washy source. Isn't all that privacy legal mumbo jumbo still going on?

johntrenchard

sounds like a bit of a wishy washy source. Isn't all that privacy legal mumbo jumbo still going on?
well he is the tech editor of the sunday business post, so he's bound to have some hack contacts who probably tipped him off.

its a credible source.

RyeSixSeven

Good news re streetview, but Google still don't show the current motorways to Waterford, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kells (M3) or Newry. So, its got some catching up to do.

Roll_On

great news if it's true, it'll make things so much handier. Also I notice that google can't seem to keep up with the rate of motorway completion in Ireland at the min. But the streetview will most likely only cover urban areas anyway.

Ludo1973

hmmm...the google streetview car was outside my house only last week. Seems a bit soon to be launching it if they are still taking the photos.

johntrenchard

this will be a huge boost for irish tourism - think of all the irish americans diving in and having a look at towns where their ancestors came from. and then deciding to make the plunge and finally come over here.

bit of a good news story in all the depressing anglo crap.

beanie

Deadly!

borntorum

I know I should hate google, with their megalomania and their creepy cultlike behaviour...

But their stuff is really cool

forest

sorry i cant see it
where is the organge man gone?

stripey cat

In my bit of Dublin, the streetview pictures were taken during the local elections last year.

The posters are on all the lamposts, but the software has edited out the faces of them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies