• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average

CptSternn

Intelligence Institute Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average. - Yahoo! News

The results of a 4 year study show that Americans who obtain their news from Fox News channel have an average IQ of 80, which represents a 20 point deficit when compared to the U.S. national average of 100. IQ, or intelligence quotient, is the international standard of assessing intelligence.

He continues, "Fox News' content is presented at an elementary school level and plays directly into the fears of the less educated and less intelligent."
The researchers said that an IQ of 80 is well above the score of 70, which is where psychiatrists diagnose mental retardation. P. Nichols says an IQ of 80 will not limit anyone's ability to lead happy, fulfilling lives.

P. Nichols concludes that he wasn't shocked by the studies' results, rather how dramatic their range. "Several previous studies show that self-identified conservatives are less intelligent than self-identified moderates. We have never seen such a homogeneous group teetering so close to special needs levels."
This is one of many recently released studies which has confirmed what most of us already suspected.

D

Dylan2010

I'm sure if TD's took an IQ test they would come out above average ............

Hewson

Duuuhh . . . What do the letters F O X stand for anyway?

The System Works

Website
www.thesystemworks.wordpress.com
Twitter
@mendingtheworld
"[W]e are left with strong evidence that in the early 1970s, the Irish IQ averaged 87, the lowest figure anywhere in Europe... a value which would seem to place a substantial fraction of Ireland’s population on the edge of clinical mental retardation".

Race, IQ, and Wealth | The American Conservative

R

Ramps

I'm sure if TD's took an IQ test they would come out above average ............
I have to say I doubt that very much. I'd say, on average, political representatives around the world are considerably more intelligent than voters. It would be interesting to see it tested, no?

Boy M5

I think this is inaccurate...
I'd say the viewers have a larger deficit than 20 pts

D

Dylan2010

I have to say I doubt that very much. I'd say, on average, political representatives around the world are considerably more intelligent than voters. It would be interesting to see it tested, no?
thats what I said, I'm only being sarcastic in the fact that it doesnt matter

Clanrickard

Your IQ is your ability to do an IQ test. Meaningless survey.

FakeViking

I can't wait for the reaction from Tramp, Andy & co.

(when they finish watching, of course)

EUrJokingMeRight

Would be interesting to run an equivalent on those who buy the Indo.

Or who watch TV3.
I think it would be a dead heat between TV3 viewers and RTE Viewers in the low IQ stakes.

sondagefaux

"[W]e are left with strong evidence that in the early 1970s, the Irish IQ averaged 87, the lowest figure anywhere in Europe... a value which would seem to place a substantial fraction of Ireland’s population on the edge of clinical mental retardation".

Race, IQ, and Wealth | The American Conservative
I think there's strong evidence that the early 1970s is in the past. But sure what would I know, I'm Irish.

White Horse

Didn't the Nazis conduct similar studies trying to prove their "racial superiority".

It is the motivation to commission these studies that worries me. It points at an underlying unhealthy prejudice.

Cassandra Syndrome

So what? Anyone who voted for Obama or Romney are of lower intelligence.