Study suggests abortion rate halves if abortion clinic more than 100 miles away

stopdoingstuff

This makes sense. Women deep down know that killing their children is wrong.

PeaceGoalie

If abortion rates half for each 100 miles the woman/girl travels and if Hobart in Tassie is 11,000miles from Dublin, by how much would the abortion rate be reduced if the women/girls a. have to travel from Dublin to Hobart. b and/or Hobart to Dublin (50 marks)

Emily Davison

So what are you really saying?:)

Known anti abortion poster shocker.

The Irish sea didn't stop Irish women, they couldn't just hop in a car and cross state boundaries.

And of course the figures went done in Texas, if you can't have an abortion there any more, then you'd hardly expect them to be the same.

Take Ireland, the figure is something like 11. But the reality is what? ...

Last edited:

Dr Pat

The article mentions that a researcher states that the results could mean women are engaging in 'self-induced abortion' - yeah, right!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17573

The Irush sea didn't stop Irish women, they couldn't just hop in a car and cross state boundaries.

And of course the figures went done in Texas, if you can't have an abortion there any more, then you'd hardly expect them to be the same.

You haven't read the link, have you?

Reasunach

This makes sense. Women deep down know that killing their children is wrong.
No. Women deep down know that a safe abortion is not a viable option open or available to them, regardless of the circumstances of the conception or the viability of the pregnancy. Different thing entirely.

RodShaft

The Irush sea didn't stop Irish women, they couldn't just hop in a car and cross state boundaries.

I'm not anti abortion Emily. In fact my views are pretty much the same as yours. It's the campaigners on both sides that I have an issue with.

realistic1

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2118463-abortion-rate-halves-if-women-have-to-go-extra-100-miles/

The reasons are contested, but it seems extraordinary. This is not Breitbart news, Waterford Whispers or The Liberal.ie

This is New Scientist. A respected UK science magazine...
The trip across the Irish sea is a handy cooling of period. I personally know a woman who told me that she had an unexpected pregnancy, and if abortion was in Ireland, she would have got rid of her son. She told me that the time she took organizing flights and appointments etc. gave her the time to think about her pregnancy, and she changed her mind after all the arrangements were made. She now says that when she looks at her son, she still feels guilty that she nearly ended his life, but thanks God that abortion was not available in Ireland when she became pregnant.

fat finger

After Trump's historic democratic election as US President, we kept hearing how his supporters were mainly angry white men. Fair enough. So what we were seeing today is the marching of angry white women.
Seem's fair enough. I mean, it's all about equality, int'it?

RodShaft

Abortion wasn't banned. Just strict regulations brought in regarding the specifications of premises.

Dr Pat

No. Women deep down know that a safe abortion is not a viable option open or available to them, regardless of the circumstances of the conception or the viability of the pregnancy. Different thing entirely.
That flies in the face of the contents of the article. Did you even bother reading it?

Cynicist

The trip across the Irish sea is a handy cooling of period. I personally know a woman who told me that she had an unexpected pregnancy, and if abortion was in Ireland, she would have got rid of her son. She told me that the time she took organizing flights and appointments etc. gave her the time to think about her pregnancy, and she changed her mind after all the arrangements were made. She now says that when she looks at her son, she still feels guilty that she nearly ended his life, but thanks God that abortion was not available in Ireland when she became pregnant.
I had the opposite experience where a woman near here would have had an abortion if available but could not face the UK journey together with the emotional and financial costs involved in such a journey and time away from the rest of her family.

New Threads

Most Replies