Stupid people.

Tommy Tayto

A chance for all of you to tell your stories about the more cerebrally challenged members of society breathing the same air as us. Here's one that left me shaking my head in disbelief.

I was talking to a nurse recently, and we got talking about some of the dumb things people do. She told me about a girl that came into the hospital with her boyfriend, and they (the couple) couldn't understand why she was pregnant. So the nurse asks the girl, are you on the pill? Girl replies yes, and so is my boyfriend. Puzzled, the nurse probes further....it turns out the dumb skangers had agreed to share the pills between them! Dumb or what? Darwinism in reverse....:rolleyes:

irish_goat

Working in the pub today. Girl was talking on the phone but stops to order vodka and coke and glass of white wine. I bring the vodka as she's hanging up and she points at it asking "is that the vodka?"...

Utopian Hermit Monk

The only thing that relativises the stupidity of this lot is the fact that they manage to get even more stupid people to vote for them! :rolleyes:

ajax1000

A chance for all of you to tell your stories about the more cerebrally challenged members of society breathing the same air as us. Here's one that left me shaking my head in disbelief.

I was talking to a nurse recently, and we got talking about some of the dumb things people do. She told me about a girl that came into the hospital with her boyfriend, and they (the couple) couldn't understand why she was pregnant. So the nurse asks the girl, are you on the pill? Girl replies yes, and so is my boyfriend. Puzzled, the nurse probes further....it turns out the dumb skangers had agreed to share the pills between them! Dumb or what? Darwinism in reverse....:rolleyes:
That story is just garbage. It betrays quite a lot about your attitudes towards your fellow citizens. 'Skangers'.. what a disrespectful word.

garlandgreen

That story is just garbage. It betrays quite a lot about your attitudes towards your fellow citizens. 'Skangers'.. what a disrespectful word.
Speaking of stupid people, speak of the devil and he shall arrive. As for Skangers I'm sure you can just argue that it's the economy stupid

garlandgreen

You some sort of bunny boiler garland? Run along now like a good lad.
Bunnies no. I don't have a problem with bunnies

I'm more like a rat boiler. You just happen to be the kind of disingenuous rat I have a particular dislike for.

Tommy Tayto

Well they were skangers. Filthy, dirty, dole sponging, thick SKANGERS. And I'm quite proud to hold those sorts in contempt thank you.

ajax1000

Well they were skangers. Filthy, dirty, dole sponging, thick SKANGERS. And I'm quite proud to hold those sorts in contempt thank you.
I bet you are tommy. i bet you are. Go on then , tell us more wonderful stories about people whom you would hold beneath your contempt.

SamVimesBoots

Many years ago I worked in a call centre for a car insurance company. Woman phones up screaming that her no claims bonus has been taken off her. A bit of tapping on the old computer reveals that she was entirely responsible for a multi-car pileup causing many serious injuries, for ehich the insurance company had ended up paying out well over £100K (this was about 15 years ago, we had a funny currency called "punts" back then children)

All efforts to explain that "no claims bonus" was a bonus you got for not having been responsible for claims just got her more and more angry. Mad.

Same job, one woman insisted that she wanted the address on her policy to be Boyle, Co Sligo. Patient efforts to impress upon her that an insurance certificate was a legal document and an address that didn't exist could probably be used to null any claims she might have had no effect. It didn't matter that the rest of the world thought Boyle was in Co Roscommon, sez she, as far as she was concerned she lived in Sligo.

There's some mad, mad people out there.

MsAnneThrope

I watched a bit of that PlayTV Ireland on TV3 last night. It's a total scam obviously but if you heard some of the buffoon's answers. The letters on screen were:

E A R T H L I N E S S

You had to phone in your suggestion for what their selected word was, made using the above letters. The answer could be a 3 letter word or an 11 letter word, so the guy who phoned in the answer "THE" is not entirely stupid as it could be that word. In the above example there are over 1,350 possible answers.

Rules, and they couldn't make it clearer. You can only use the letters above and you cannot use them more than they appear e.g. in the above example you could guess a word that had 2 E's and 2 S's in it, but not 2 T's.

Anyway, my jaw literally hit the floor at some of the people phoning in. Here were the best of them. I'm not making any of this up and they have to spell the words out:

"Is it INTERNET"? (duh, there's only one T and one N)

"Is it THINLESS" (duh, no such word)

"Is it AERTEL" (lol, on TV3? I don't think so)

"Is it THEIR ILNESS" (!!!!!!! - only one I and only one L but she thought 'illness' was spelled 'ilness', and the answer should be only one word anyway!!!)

and best of all?

"Is it AER LINGUS?" (wtf, no G, no U and the answer is supposed to be a word, not a name or company name etc) :eek:

I was looking at this praying there wasn't some insomniac American FDI rep awake in his/her hotel watching this, having been lured here by the IDA's spiel of us being highly educated.

It was cringeworthy. And the scariest thing? These people have the vote! :eek:

Last edited:

jdaly

Tomy tayto left me shaking my head.

Tommy Tayto

I bet you are tommy. i bet you are. Go on then , tell us more wonderful stories about people whom you would hold beneath your contempt.
Yawn. How about you either contribute something worthwhile to this thread, or go find some traffic to play in?

Orando Broom

Many years ago I worked in a call centre for a car insurance company. Woman phones up screaming that her no claims bonus has been taken off her. A bit of tapping on the old computer reveals that she was entirely responsible for a multi-car pileup causing many serious injuries, for ehich the insurance company had ended up paying out well over £100K (this was about 15 years ago, we had a funny currency called "punts" back then children)

All efforts to explain that "no claims bonus" was a bonus you got for not having been responsible for claims just got her more and more angry. Mad.

Same job, one woman insisted that she wanted the address on her policy to be Boyle, Co Sligo. Patient efforts to impress upon her that an insurance certificate was a legal document and an address that didn't exist could probably be used to null any claims she might have had no effect. It didn't matter that the rest of the world thought Boyle was in Co Roscommon, sez she, as far as she was concerned she lived in Sligo.

There's some mad, mad people out there.
You'll find that address does exist. Boyle is the regional sorting office for several south Sligo addresses. It is you sir who are the dumbass.

yeahrite

WHOAH the horse there Tommy Tayto. Tayto nearly went out of business at Euro changeover time because they brought out a larger packet of crisps at a higher price just before changeover and then, after changeover they brought back the older smaller packet but at the higher price, trying to confuse thick Paddy. people lost jobs as joe soap copped them sharp. Sounds like bankers really. Point is, CHANGE YOUR HANDLE TOMMY, if you really want to get away with calling people skangers.

jcdf

The Skanger: these creatures numbers are growing at quite an alarming rate due to their frenetic breeding, they are most likely recognised by shabby reebok and or addidas gear or if their really moving up in the criminal world,nike. They can also be recognised by their unusual birdlike walk which usually involves them moving their head back and forth much akin to a pigeon on speed.
Can be heard to say if in their immediate "pack" or "herd" of freinds "waaaaats tha storeeeeeeeee" or if a passer by- "Give us your mobile or I'll ****************************** knife ya ya ****************************** mupa!"
mating call:"Here Get out yar dick will yas!!!"

I liked this one. I have run into many of them on the streets of Dublin. I wonder what happens when they start breeding with the foreigners?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies