Stupidest people in the world stage protest on Ryanair plane

Sync

Ryanair passengers stage four-hour protest - Telegraph

Dozens of Ryanair passengers staged a four-hour protest last night after their flight, bound for Paris, was diverted to Liege.

The passengers, the majority of whom were French tourists returning home from Fes, Morocco, demanded to be flown home and refused to disembark, even after the pilot and cabin crew left the aircraft.
Ryanair's press statement was:

“Due to the weather-related (fog) closure of Paris Beauvais Airport, four Ryanair flights were forced to divert to Liege. The majority of passengers followed crew requests to disembark for onward coach transportation to Paris Beauvais. Passengers on one flight ignored crew instructions and remained on the aircraft until requested to disembark by Airport Police.”
So in order to avoid a 4 hours bus ride, you stage a 4 hour sit in, demanding a flight to a closed airport. Morons.

True Republican

Did they get their way in the end?

Sync

You're drawing conclusions based solely on a Ryanair press statement, and then calling other people morons? :roll:
That and I'm in France and know the airport was suffering huge delays due to fog.

stripey cat

Is Liege even in France? It's in Belgium isn't it?

They were diverted to a different country???

PrinceMax

Fair enough, silly protest, but I'd be annoyed too if they diverted the plane without telling me.

firefly123

Fogged in frogs in flight fight!

blinding

Vivre La France !

death to O'Leary and his apparatckics

Except when I am on one of Ryanairs cheap flights !

voteforme

I'd be steamin' if they diverted a flight without telling me.

However, staging a sit in after buses had been laid on to take you to your destination, is daft. A case of chopping off your nose to spite your face!

PrinceMax

Why couldn't Ryanair pull some strings and have them diverted to CDG ? Then they'd be really happy - to end up where they wanted to go rather than where they paid to go.

antiestablishmentarian

In all fairness there are plenty of airports in the North of France closer than Liege to Beauvais. Lille has one for instance, just begs the question why it wasn't diverted somewhere closer.

locke

Why did they not land in Lille.

Or at least in Charleroi, where they have a base.

I can't see the logic in flying past them to an airport where they have no handling arrangements set up. Liege scarcely handles passengers.

Cassandra Syndrome

How dare they question Darth MOL? Execute everyone of them...

BTW, is there anything else in the news to discuss, rather than being strayed by Olearotrons?

Mushroom

Why did they not land in Lille.

Or at least in Charleroi, where they have a base.

I can't see the logic in flying past them to an airport where they have no handling arrangements set up. Liege scarcely handles passengers.
Might Lille and Charleroi also have been closed by fog last night?

If so, Liege may have offered cheap landing fees and/or the immediate availability of buses to drive the pasengers to Paris.

Knowing O'LearyAir I suspect the former.

Libero

That and I'm in France and know the airport was suffering huge delays due to fog.
Still, that leaves a huge number of questions unanswered either by the Ryanair press statement or your on-the-ground knowledge - starting with whether or not Ryanair bothered communicating basic facts to passengers and treating them with respect.

I'm not rushing to side with the protesting passengers here. For all I know, they could be completely in the wrong. Likewise, you probably shouldn't be rushing to label them all morons and the "stupidist people in the world".

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies