STUXNET: Bravo Israel !

Ó Donnchadha

Go to google and type in the letters or as it is now become a word STUXNET.

There is Maleware, Virus, Worm that has been created, which is being called : "A Game Changer" It took me two reads to understand what exactly was it that they were describing.

It is a Virus or Worm that is so sophisticated, that those in the Security community who do this for a living, are calling it a game changer.

It is a Worm that has infected al of Iran's the computers , and especially those in the Nuclear facilities, with the capability of not only disabling their Nuclear reactors, but able to hide itself , and replicate to fight another day.

This Worm or Virus is called STUXNET. It 's main target is IRAN. The consensus is that this Virus is so sophisticated, that it would have to be an entire Government to create it.

In the 20th century, this would have been a job for James Bond.

The mission: Infiltrate the highly advanced, securely guarded enemy headquarters where scientists in the clutches of an evil master are secretly building a weapon that can destroy the world. Then render that weapon harmless and escape undetected.

But in the 21st century, Bond doesn't get the call. Instead, the job is handled by a suave and very sophisticated secret computer worm, a jumble of code called Stuxnet, which in the last year has not only crippled Iran's nuclear program but has caused a major rethinking of computer security around the globe.

Intelligence agencies, computer security companies and the nuclear industry have been trying to analyze the worm since it was discovered in June by a Belarus-based company that was doing business in Iran. And what they've all found, says Sean McGurk, the Homeland Security Department's acting director of national cyber security and communications integration, is a “game changer.”

FoxNews.com - Mystery Surrounds Cyber Missile That Crippled Iran's Nuclear Weapons Ambitions

Why the Stuxnet worm is like nothing seen before - tech - 27 September 2010 - New Scientist

If it is Israel, I want to congratulate my Jewish brothers and sisters. :D

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

The outright flaw being "undetected" and "discovered". ;)

If it were Iranians who invented this virus and infiltrated Israel's systems with it would you congratulate them also?

Green eyed monster

This is old news.

The worm seems designed to force actions (as opposed to phoning home), if so it could conceivably be used to sabotage a nuclear plant. A dangerous thing to do and not something that any sensible person anywhere in the world should want to see happening.

Some do not like Iran but would their desire to see Iran's nuclear programs shelved extend to welcoming nuclear disasters? Among the crazies in Israel i would say yes they would but you are a poster with more sense than that.

The anonymity of these kinds of attacks makes them more unpredictable and a level of deniability makes the type of results the makers might be willing to aim for in their design more dangerous, illegal and immoral. At least with conventional warfare you used to be able to have a declaration and customs etc. Such kinds of cyber attacks fall into the classification bordering terrorist style actions.

Ó Donnchadha

I am glad that Israel did this. They are of course one of the few countries with the brain power to write such code.

Iran has threatened Israel's right to exist, good for Israel for defending herself.

SHA-ALU SHALOM YIRUSHALAYIM

TaxHavenSite

I am glad that Israel did this. They are of course one of the few countries with the brain power to write such code.

Iran has threatened Israel's right to exist, good for Israel for defending herself.

You mean willing to do so,with resources? Any nation with about 1 million euros could probably create such a virus. Just hire a few dozen people from 4chan,and you got yourself a super computer virus like this.:lol:

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

"Iran's first Nuclear Station in Bushehr, built by Russia, has just become operational, Iran announced on Saturday. It will take another 2 months before it is connected to the electricity grid." - according to BBC News 24 just now.

TaxHavenSite

Why is the world so paranoid that Iran is going to develop nuclear weapons and use them? Since alot of other nations have nuclear weapons. No nation is going to launch a nuclear attack on another. Only Terrorists that have no nation will use them. Iran is building a nuclear power plant,there is a big difference.

Ó Donnchadha

"iran's first nuclear station in bushehr, built by russia, has just become operational, iran announced on saturday. It will take another 2 months before it is connected to the electricity grid." - according to bbc news 24 just now.
bbc lol

Capt Blah

Website
www.mehearty.blogspot.com

Israel is far more dangerous than Iran and is certainly nutty enough to use nukes unilaterally. Indeed, it would not be beyond them to detonate a false-flag dirty bomb in their own country to justify this action. Hence their attempts to paint Iran as a nuclear wannabe state.

Interista

The decline in the quality of the Israelist trolls never ceases to amuse me. Here is one praising the 'brain power' of the Israelis, while posting a story which, as his own link makes clear, broke months ago!

mido

nothing to a country like ours that can destroy a currency and economy of 400 million with one seanie fitz virus-no brain power used or required

Skypeme

nothing to a country like ours that can destroy a currency and economy of 400 million with one seanie fitz virus-no brain power used or required
:) :) Maybe fingers and seanie are Mossad agents, nothing is beyond belief anymore - "Game On"!

Mister men

Isreal. Is there a more disgusting country on the face of the planet.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
It took me two reads to understand what exactly was it that they were describing.
Perhaps that's because you were posting this at 4am in the morning, apparently back from a night's drinking, going by the rest of your posts in the thread

vanla sighs

Stuxnet is now being sold to criminals on the blackmarket, so I've heard. Well done Israel indeed, that international welfare state that exists on injustice and terror.

Interista

Perhaps that's because you were posting this at 4am in the morning, apparently back from a night's drinking, going by the rest of your posts in the thread
Or maybe he's been spending the last two months trying to figure out the story since it first broke?

former wesleyan

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies