• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Suicide Bomber attacks US Embassy in Turkey

Grey Area

Ribeye

Looks like a very small blast,

Ulster-Lad

Suppose so it could never be Kurdish freedom fighters or the like - it's always Islamist extremists.
Yes it usually is. The US has supported the Kurds in there quest for autonomy.

Last edited:

Aindriu

Looks like a very small blast,
Indeed. I wonder if he is looking on form somewhere in the spirit world thinking, "I blew myself to shyte for THAT? Bollax!" petunia

Hitch 22

[video=youtube;9cBZxTcqtq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cBZxTcqtq0[/video]

Ribeye

I would say if you were queuing outside it would have been huge.

Turkey: 'Deadly Blast Outside US Embassy'
Deadly yes, but not huge,

I just meant that it wasn't a car or truck borne bomb,

Meanwhile, 12 are dead in Pakistan, 25 in Mexico, and in what I think is a very suspect looking event, an unknown number dead in China,

Like sorry, I'm no expert in pyrotechnics, but a truck full of fireworks spontainiously explodes and takes out an entire section of a concrete bridge,

I mean, what type of flippin fireworks were they, flippin weapons grade?

Ramon Mercadar

Deadly yes, but not huge,

I just meant that it wasn't a car or truck borne bomb,

Meanwhile, 12 are dead in Pakistan, 25 in Mexico, and in what I think is a very suspect looking event, an unknown number dead in China,

Like sorry, I'm no expert in pyrotechnics, but a truck full of fireworks spontainiously explodes and takes out an entire section of a concrete bridge,

I mean, what type of flippin fireworks were they, flippin weapons grade?
That seems very odd alright. Even if the all exploded at the same time they would hardly be able to bring down a bridge.

Ribeye

That seems very odd alright. Even if the all exploded at the same time they would hardly be able to bring down a bridge.
The BBC just showed some good shots of the scene, some pretty strange shots,

One that particularly struck me was the shot of the tipper truck stopped with its REAR wheels dangling over the gap in the bridge,

So what did the driver do, hear the bang behind him and slam on the brakes, and the 12 ton truck stopped within a couple of metres???

Very weird lookin!

And the energy from a blast like that would be directed upwards, away from the bridge,

This is one for the Mythbusters methinks!

Nicky O Donnell

Yes it usually is. The US has supported the Kurds in there quest for autonomy.
America a friend to the Kurds? Hmmmmm....

The U.S. has supplied the Turkish military with the machinery to suppress Kurds for decades.

Anti aircraft bases in Kurdish areas on Turkey's Border with Iran, Iraq and Syria were funded by the American department of Defense.

America was responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of Kurds in Northern Iraq either through economic sanctions they imposed on the country or through chemical and biologocal agents it supplied to Saddam Hussein who wiped out entire Kurdish cities.

American mining companies rely heavily on the Turkish State to allow them to extract gold, copper and other minerals from all over Anatolia, including Kurdish regions where there is huge exploitation of the local workforce and devastating destruction of the local environment, mass deforestation and poisoning of local rivers and water supplies.

The U.S. relies heavily both economically and strategically on Turkey's support in the middle east. It absolutely would not want to destabilize that by supporting Kurdish independence. It may sometimes express support for the Kurds politically but the reality is entirely different, and it is quite happy for the Turkish state to continue controlling that region.

Trampas

One way or another it was islamo-savages what done it, and of course the usual P.ie apologists and whataboutery exponents are right on the case. The USA is a big fan of EU membership for Turkey.....in which case the EU would be right up against 2,000 km of porous Turkish borders. Madness.

imokyrok

One way or another it was islamo-savages what done it, and of course the usual P.ie apologists and whataboutery exponents are right on the case. The USA is a big fan of EU membership for Turkey.....in which case the EU would be right up against 2,000 km of porous Turkish borders. Madness.
Trampas did it ever occur to you that it is the tarring all with the same brush that people find intolerable rather than any smigin of support for the perpetrators of atrocities? When the IRA blew up Canary Wharf would you have found comments like "That's the Irish for you" or "what can you expect from Catholics" appropriate and desirable?

Trampas

Trampas did it ever occur to you that it is the tarring all with the same brush that people find intolerable rather than any smigin of support for the perpetrators of atrocities? When the IRA blew up Canary Wharf would you have found comments like "That's the Irish for you" or "what can you expect from Catholics" appropriate and desirable?

No tarring from me. I have gone drinking with Turkish Muslims in my time. The reference was to "islamo-savages" who may or may not be Turkish. Either way that 2,000 km frontier must be just as great a worry for the many civilised Turks.

Riadach

Far-left extremist apparently.