Sunburn

• Thread starter Deleted member 45466
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45466

Anyone get sun burnt today?

I'm roarin' red lads.

Should be nice shade of golden brown by the time I return to work Monday.

blokesbloke

Is that you? Sexy fecker, aren't you?

No not sunburnt, and you must be very careful!

Though I do recall admitting on here a few years ago I managed to get the bottom of my feet sunburnt, hoping the UV rays would clear up my athlete's foot, so I am not in a position to mock.

I got sunburn on my upper back a couple of Pride festivals ago too - I was protected all over as I had several inches on panstick on my face and neck, a floor-length frock, big wig and gloves, but I forgot the little area where the dress went back a bit at the back.

It's horrible, sunburn, makes you feel all sick.

Dame_Enda

I havent had facial sunburn for many many years but I did get a sunburn on my left arm in 2010. Since then no sunburn but Im not a beachgoer. If its a very sunny day I stay indoors more to avoid harmful UV rays.

Conor

[Deleted]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48908

Drink lots of water.

Vinegar.....apply it to the affected area. Speeds up the process by chemically finishing the job for the sun.

Drink lots of water.

Hot, hot, hot shower. As hot as you can bear, then kick it up a notch.

Drink lots of water.

Aloe might help soothe it for a minutes or two.

Also, drink lots of water.

As a child I was brought to Spain for a holiday by my aunt and uncle. I'm fair-skinned. They had a recipe to guarantee a tan. This involved a concoction consisting of equal parts vinegar and olive oil shaken vigorously in a bottle prior to application. I really should have been taken into care

You could have fried eggs on my torso.

They were resistant. Their skin s dark brown leather. When they're dead there is the option of some good luggage or handbags available to the entrepreneur.

between the bridges

Nat a huge problem in Fermanagh but we have a few rednecks...

blinding

Though I do recall admitting on here a few years ago I managed to get the bottom of my feet sunburnt, hoping the UV rays would clear up my athlete's foot, so I am not in a position to mock.

I got sunburn on my upper back a couple of Pride festivals ago too - I was protected all over as I had several inches on panstick on my face and neck, a floor-length frock, big wig and gloves, but I forgot the little area where the dress went back a bit at the back.

I use strong (expensive ) manuka honey to clear up outbreaks of athletes foot and I now use Apple cider vinegar and that seems to control it. I wrap my feet in a couple of pieces of kitchen roll and then pour neat apple cider vinegar on the paper and wait half an hour or so . Perhaps you could dilute the Apple cider vinegar if you like . It also seem to control toe nail fungus which is good......

Fullforward

I was at a Gaelic Football Feile all day yesterday and now look like a Cork jersey, burned to fook.

Catalpast

Well as only Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday Sun

- its not a condition I have much of a problem with...:cool:

I have a very vague memory of being mildysick as child with sunburn

- but the when where why of it has long since left me....

Last edited:

Northsideman

ger12

Anyone get sun burnt today?

I'm roarin' red lads.

Should be nice shade of golden brown by the time I return to work Monday.
It was the sun Calc, and there's a product on the market called sunscreen that prevents it. ;)

Rural

I was never a sun worshipper, I love the sunshine but I find lying out boring. When we were children our parents used to lather us in sun oil, they thought that we would get a "healthy look" - Yeh, for a lobster. We were blue eyed and pale skinned, my siblings were blonde (I was the black sheep) and our skins were not able for the annual nuking.

A few years back I got Basal Cell Carcinoma, just under each eye and had a few operations.

Enjoy every ray of sunshine when we get it, just cover up.:)

D

Deleted member 45466

A friend of mine got sunburnt around the neck, back and shoulders at one those musical festivals one hot August weekend. He was as stiff as a coachman when he returned to work after the weekend. Even after slathering aloe vera, and other remedies across the exposed regions, the poor bugger was still quite delicate. Anyway he sat at his cubicle and soldiered on.

A God botherer was working with us at that time. A joyous fellow, who would cheerily say hello to everyone after the weekend (there was a few of us working in a porta-cabin). He'd sometimes swing into the cubicle and stop for a quick chat about the weekend's exploits. This particular morning his joy was well above normal levels, because his beloved son was back from US/Canada after spending a summer working there on the J1 thingy. So, along with the characteristic hearty laugh, and warm smile, a few pats on the back, squeezes on the shoulder were being administered to all and sundry.

Thing is he didn't know that my mate was like a chilli pepper. So you can imagine the blood curdling wail that resounded around the cabin and construction site, after Mr God botherer walked into our cubicle, smiled and said "Ah Jimmy, how was the music festival?!" and brought a huge culchie paw down on yer wan's shoulder.

Jimmy's not his real name btw.

D

Deleted member 45466

It was the sun Calc, and there's a product on the market called sunscreen that prevents it. ;)
It's not too bad. Having the old melon shaved didn't help.

I go brown fairly quickly anyway.

Ellen Ripley

As a child I was brought to Spain for a holiday by my aunt and uncle. I'm fair-skinned. They had a recipe to guarantee a tan. This involved a concoction consisting of equal parts vinegar and olive oil shaken vigorously in a bottle prior to application. I really should have been taken into care

You could have fried eggs on my torso.

They were resistant. Their skin s dark brown leather. When they're dead there is the option of some good luggage or handbags available to the entrepreneur.

That's appalling Des--no black pepper or mustard in the dressing?

Had many spectacular scorchings as a kid too; Calamine lotion cooled it, but as it dried your skin came off in slabs with it when you moved, a bit like Wile E. Coyote cracking to bits when he hits the bottom of the gorge... I'm really lucky not to be Melanoma Ripley by now.

Factor 50+ all the way nowadays, even in Winter.

Ellen Ripley

That's just Calc after a jousting session on the Atheist thread--BP 190/120...

Severe blistered sunburn on the nape of the neck --one the most vulnerable parts of the body (stop sniggering there now)-- can make you very, very ill. Sleep's impossible too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies