Sunday Business Post/Red C poll 28/01/18 (FG 32%+5,FF 26% NC, SF 15% -1, IA 3% -1,Lab 6% NC, PBP 3% NC)

sic transit

Sunday Business Post/Red C poll 28/01/18 (FG 32%+5,FF 26% NC, SF 15% -1, IA 3% -1,Lab 6% NC, PBP 3% NC)

Yet another poll suggesting support for one party in the thirties. Labour still hanging in there much to the chagrin of some posters! Is it a trend, an outlier or just another bloody poll?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0127/936439-opinion-poll-politics/

For completion SDs on 2% -1 and Greens on 4% NC.

Last edited:

Lord Talbot

FF should get a pro life bounce, interesting to see how they intend to hold the centre ground here.

jmcc

FF should get a pro life bounce, interesting to see how they intend to hold the centre ground here.
With Micheal Martin declaring himself pro-choice and the party having a largely different view?

midlander12

It's pretty consistent with the other recent polls. If memory serves, the last Red C was done during the Fitzgerald debacle and was probably a bit of an outlier, so I would say FG are essentially as they were, rather than up 5. FF and SF are resolutely stuck in the mid-20's and mid-teens respectively. There is as yet little evidence that MLMD's accession has made much difference.

jmcc

There seems to be problems with representing the support of the smaller parties like Labour/Solidarity accurately. However, FF does have a problem with Martin in that he may be holding back the party from gaining support as he's a throwback to the Ahern/Cowen era.

Dame_Enda

This poll looks like the one in December 2015, just before the last election....I would advise caution if I were thinking about going to the country.

....A Sunday Business Post/Red C poll has the party up five points to 32%. It is the highest level of support for Fine Gael in this polling sequence since December 2015, just before the last general election. .....

jmcc

This poll looks like the one in December 2015, just before the last election....I would advise caution if I were thinking about going to the country.
Would that poll have been using RedC's wonderful "adjustment" that emphasised people who had an 80% or greater likelihood to vote?

Lord Talbot

With Micheal Martin declaring himself pro-choice and the party having a largely different view?
Yes that's the current strategy. Interesting to see where that leads them.

midlander12

She's only president-elect of SF rather than the leader of SF.
She wasn't 'elected' of course as there was no election, but to all intents and purposes she has been the leader for months now, and there has never been any doubt as to who the new leader would be, since and indeed well before Adams' announcement. So I would actually have expected some electoral effect by now.

midlander12

No one's going to the country anytime soon, except for the abortion referendum. All these polls are pretty academic to be honest.

jmcc

She wasn't 'elected' of course as there was no election, but to all intents and purposes she has been the leader for months now, and there has never been any doubt as to who the new leader would be, since and indeed well before Adams' announcement. So I would actually have expected some electoral effect by now.
Too early. The real impact will be when the referendum campaign heats up.

gijoe

Maybe the Army Council had a vote? A show of armalites??

hiding behind a poster

the shinners always get a minus from red sea, with lab getting the benifit of the doubt
RedC's final poll in 2016 before the election got them both very close.

hiding behind a poster

Silly post. The 2016 election date was set in stone by the time that RedC poll came out, it's not like anyone went to the country as a consequence.

odlum

Bertie brought peace to Ireland.

Varadkar has done nothing.

My sources put FG max 23%, poll is fake news.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies