Sunday Business Post Red C Poll 6/5/07

Reality bites

yeah, but the title of this thread is very misleading.

Disagree, Kenny and Rabitte will beat McDowell with a stick until he is politically black and blue.

To say that McDowell and the PD's will have less credibility after this weekend is over is an understatement.

Paddylekker

Incidentally, if I were the SBP I'd be well pissed off at the moment.

They've spent a fortune on a poll and it's going to be completely overshadowed by the news of the PDs.

Respvblica

CJH said:
If it is true, it is hilarious. What happened to the meltdown in the FF vote the blueshirts kept promising us? Were they...were they making it all up :?:

Say it ain't so :cry:
Well FF started last weekend with a dreadfull poll, then things got even worse and here they are making a mini-recovery.
You cant blame us for predicted a FF meltdown. We were just calling it as rationally as possible. FF tds are in open rebellion, the campaign has been a shambles and Enda has been superb in contrast. Defies logic!

The Trinity Politick

CorkHurler said:
FF 37 +2
FG 26 - 1
Lab 12 +1
PD 2
Gr 8
SF 8

As i have to return to the canvass I will leave it to other to interpret the results. Suffice to say that it confirms what I have been thinking for the last few days the election in the country is a lot different from the one in the media.
So basically, its the same as it was last poll. Little movement around the rainbow and a switch from PD to FF. I would imagine if the PD's go , all polls would be basically irrelevant

The Trinity Politick

FF-PD 39%
FG-LAB 38%
FG-LAB-GR 46%

Says what most are already saying. A dead heat

The Trinity Politick

Johnny said:
The Trinity Politick said:
FF-PD 39%
FG-LAB 38%
FG-LAB-GR 46%

FF-PD-GR 47% :shock:
Won't happen. Greens hate the PDs and currently it would appear the PDs arent too happy at FF. Last a couple of months

Iarmhi Gael

CorkHurler said:
FF 37 +2
FG 26 - 1
Lab 12 +1
PD 2
Gr 8
SF 8

As i have to return to the canvass I will leave it to other to interpret the results. Suffice to say that it confirms what I have been thinking for the last few days the election in the country is a lot different from the one in the media.
This is very close to the Examiner poll this morning.

Apart from 13% with Labour its the exact same. So one day the Rainbow will be delighted then the next they will be annoyed for a poll that is exactly the same

Strange

runotwalk

I can confirm (as I have the paper) that the figures are 100% accurate.

The SBP is printed in mahon Cork and they have been advertising for several months that the paper is available in cork city from saturday afternoon. I however do not know how he got the poll so early on in the day.

onlooker

ok. thanks for the confirmation.

So this is good news for FF I guess - it takes the heat off them for at least a while. It only re-enforces the fact that Irish people pay so little attention to Irish media/commentators etc. On this occasion, it works to FF's favour.

gaelach

CJH said:
If it is true, it is hilarious. What happened to the meltdown in the FF vote the blueshirts kept promising us? Were they...were they making it all up :?:

Say it ain't so :cry:
It is True! 8)

grassroots

LBJ once claimed that the only ruination of a political career was being found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. based on this we can conclued the same applies with FF suporters. You can lie, cheat take bribes, be totally incompetant and still get the support of over a third of the population.

Fr. Hank Tree

That's progress grassroots. 20 years ago it was 50% of the population!

Another decade or so and FF might actually be held accountable for something

Rebelman

Website
no1rebelman.bebo.com
Twitter
@kencurtin
grassroots said:
LBJ once claimed that the only ruination of a political career was being found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. based on this we can conclued the same applies with FF suporters. You can lie, cheat take bribes, be totally incompetant and still get the support of over a third of the population.
Democracy works :lol: :lol: :lol:

White Horse

This is a poll that is a reminder to the Irish people that if they want change they will have to vote for it.

It is a timely and sober reminder.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
FF-PD 39%
FG-LAB 38%
FG-LAB-GR 46%

so where will all eyes fall come Taoiseach election time ?

To the ten or so, grinning Shinners

as we've been telling you lot for months :wink:

Now that will be a hell of a special conference :lol:

The Trinity Politick

rockofcashel said:
FF-PD 39%
FG-LAB 38%
FG-LAB-GR 46%

so where will all eyes fall come Taoiseach election time ?

To the ten or so, grinning Shinners

as we've been telling you lot for months :wink:

Now that will be a hell of a special conference :lol:
Thats absolutely impossible to predict RoC. Enda Kenny with a FG-LAB-GR-IND coalition looks like the most obvious winner at this stage clearly, but one can never be sure until the ballot boxes are re-opened.

Bertie may do a deal with SF though Enda Kenny will not IMO.

Barbarian

As thegeneral has as his signature quote:
Everyone hates Fianna Fáil but the electorate

It will be interesting to see if or how the media spin this poll on Sunday, indeed what Madams diktat will be to her minions regarding the firming in Fianna Fáil support. Will Madam again adopt her supercilious tone towards the electorate.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies