• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Sunday Independent is ton of crap

riker1969

I never buy it but it has waged a continuous propaganda war against the Public sector. I wish very strongly for its collapse-its a rag tabloid dressed up as a serious paper. Can anyone name one journalist on it that actually does any real research? Its simply made iof opinion pieces. Even if you agree with its attack on Public Sector-you must admit it was a cheerleader for the housing boom. Was it Brendan O'Connor who stated (as market began to collapse) that now (2007) was a good time to buy. They even have that twat Mark Coleman from Newstalk who stated in same year that long term prospects of housing market were good(population blah blah) and who is now presenting himself as having predicted collapse all long!

They will snipe at FF then tell you to support them in an election. Its amazing how much parroting of their right wing nonsense you see repeated on this site

True Republican

I never buy it but it has waged a continuous propaganda war against the Public sector. I wish very strongly for its collapse-its a rag tabloid dressed up as a serious paper. Can anyone name one journalist on it that actually does any real research? Its simply made iof opinion pieces. Even if you agree with its attack on Public Sector-you must admit it was a cheerleader for the housing boom. Was it Brendan O'Connor who stated (as market began to collapse) that now (2007) was a good time to buy. They even have that twat Mark Coleman from Newstalk who stated in same year that long term prospects of housing market were good(population blah blah) and who is now presenting himself as having predicted collapse all long!

They will snipe at FF then tell you to support them in an election. Its amazing how much parroting of their right wing nonsense you see repeated on this site
I don't like the anti-RepublicaN, revisionist rethoric that is spouted out every Sunday but yes I support their analysis of the public sector.

Lao-Tse

Politics.ie users tend not to be very fond of that particular newspaper. ;)

If O'Brien takes it over, it'll still be a far-right rag, but at least O'Connor,
Harris etc. might get their marching orders.

wombat

I know its thick and full of it but hardly a ton?

liamfoley

It's the vacuous supplements that I can't stand. Who are these celebrities that keep appearing, rhetorical question, I don't care and would prefer if they saved the trees that go into the pulp.

riker1969

I don't like the anti-RepublicaN, revisionist rethoric that is spouted out every Sunday but yes I support their analysis of the public sector.
Analysis is a bit of a stretch. There is alternative data. Maggie Thatcher used to say-Beware Consensus. It usually means people ran towards the easiest solution and based it on doubtful data. I tend to doubt mass opinion for very good reasons. However,most people on this site never look for the alternative data-why should they when they can keep O'Reilly and his heirs comfortable by buying their nonsense. I will put it up again (data) but it gets snowed under by the masses following their Master (O'Reilly) views.

They told you to Vote FF and supported Boom.

nonpartyboy

Welcome to 1999, i wouldn't wipe me arse with it.

SamVimesBoots

Welcome to 1999, i wouldn't wipe me arse with it.
1993/4 and their extraordinarily vicious campaign of vilification against John Hume got it banned forever in this house.

It's like taking people like Lenny seriously. It bothers and frustrates and annoys you, but once you realise they are scumbags and nothing they have to say has any possible relevance, or any truth whatsoever, then you can just blank their shyte talk from your life for good. Makes for a much more pleasant life if you identify the spoofers and gobsheens and sociopaths and simply cut them out.

irish_bob

i like it but then again i like a little low brow T+A with my weekly dose of hard news

alan ruddock is an excellent anylist , john drennan is always insightfull with his wry witty observations and declan lynch is a very warm humerous collumnist

regarding its exposing of the public sector gravy train , surely the private sector is allowed one champion , the state sector has everyone else in the print press and both tv networks when you consider tv3,s sole political show is fronted by a socilist

flavirostris

I like Drennan alright. There are one or two good writers but it won't make up for all the cheerleading the Sindo did for Bertie and FF

True Republican

You need a paper to highlight the woeful ineffgiciency that exists becaue all the other papers are unwilling to stand up for the private sector.

Tommy Tayto

My favourite part is when they have that little section on the front with a picture and short article on some dolly bird who really hasn't done much with her life, but she knows someone at the Sindo so that's good enough to get in the papers. I often wonder what member of staff she has allegedly fellated to get on the front cover.

Josip Broz

My favourite part is when they have that little section on the front with a picture and short article on some dolly bird who really hasn't done much with her life, but she knows someone at the Sindo so that's good enough to get in the papers. I often wonder what member of staff she has allegedly fellated to get on the front cover.
I thought they were too busy doing that to each other to need outside help.

hammer

Gene Kerrigan is worth the read alone. Read it on the internet. Far cheaper.

Any newspaper that has columns from Willie O` Dea and Eoghann Harris is obviously a shiite newspaper

Pabilito

I never buy it but.....
If you never buy it how come you are so well read???

I reckon you work for the public service and are livid that the Sunday Indo and Brendan O'Connor have sussed you out.

B

birthday

If you never buy it how come you are so well read???

I reckon you work for the public service and are livid that the Sunday Indo and Brendan O'Connor have sussed you out.

Never buy it so I don't know what they have to say about the public sector. One exception to this was when they did a report on disgraceful levels of absenteeism in the health service which I did read in someone's house I was visiting.

Much of the public (and private) sector are grossly overpaid compared to other countries.
We are borrowing massive amounts to continue this. This is not sustainable nor is it justifiable to ask taxpayers of the future to fund their current lifestyles. It is often stated that we are asking our children and grandchildren to pay for NAMA if it goes ahead. Why does this argument not hold true for borrowing to pay for public service salaries that are completely out of line with our European neighbours?
Why does the presentation of facts always seen as 'attacking' the public sector.

Ecoguy

Simply a vehicle to promote Lord Muck O' Reilly's warped view of the world:(