Sunday Times Referendum Poll: Yes surge in Urban areas

Kerrygold

Tomorrow’s Sunday Times B&A poll. They suggest that a surge in support for repeal in the cities and large urban towns will carry the day for the Yes campaign.

Yes 52% (+5)
No 24% (-5)
DK 19% (-2)

Excluding undecideds:
68% Yes
32% No

No way will it be that wide a margin but it has to be deflating for the No campaign after what was their best week of the campaign.

Tommy12345

Tomorrow’s Sunday Times B&A poll. They suggest that a surge in support for repeal in the cities and large urban towns will carry the day for the Yes campaign.

Yes 52% (+5)
No 24% (-5)
DK 19% (-2)

Excluding undecideds:
68% Yes
32% No

No way will it be that wide a margin but it has to be deflating for the No campaign after what was their best week of the campaign.
The poll was conducted between 3-15 May. The Claire Byrne Live debate was on the evening of May 14. This poll does not give an up to date snapshot of current voter sentiment.

Sync

The poll was conducted between 3-15 May. The Claire Byrne Live debate was on the evening of May 14. This poll does not give an up to date snapshot of current voter sentiment.
Wow. First post in got to the "Yeah but this didn't take account of X!" business. Nice.

forest

Is this redc or BA

BA got the yes figure right (icl dont knows in the ssm referendum) at 63% a week out from polling day
if they are right again we maybe up for an interesting count if nothing else

but its not good for the No side
still hold my prediction at 55% yes

Last edited:

Wascurito

The Sunday Business Post also has good news for the repeal side.

sadmal

Is this redc or BA

BA got the yes figure right (icl dont knows right at the last election) at 63% a week out from polling day i
if they are right again we maybe up for an interesting count if nothing else

but its not good for the No side
still hold my prediction at 55% yes
It's BA but 19% still undecided, when are they going to make up their minds?

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
I'm delighted with myself that I have mostly stayed out of this referendum- I will quietly go to the ballot box on Friday and vote Yes. Can anyone tell me, it's something that I have thought about for a while, how long it usually takes a woman or teenager to know she is pregnant? When I first heard of the three months timeframe proposed I initially thought that a lot of women would not even know they are pregnant within that timeframe.

Wascurito

I think the no side has been reading too much into the effect of that debate. From my own experience, it seems to have hardened attitudes on the yes side. I don't know anyone whose mind was changed by it.

Tommy12345

I think the no side has been reading too much into the effect of that debate. From my own experience, it seems to have hardened attitudes on the yes side. I don't know anyone whose mind was changed by it.
I think the Irish Times poll caught some of the slide in Yes support. This Sunday Times poll is badly out of date.

forest

It's BA but 19% still undecided, when are they going to make up their minds?
Yes it was 6% with a week to go at the ssm my guess is either they are all silent nos or just wont vote

Catalpast

This was to be expected from the YES camp

- the Strategy being to undermine NO voters from making the effort to go out and vote in the vote

TBH I would have been astonished if they had been any different

Catalpast

- the Strategy being to undermine NO voters from making the effort to go out and vote in the vote

forest

any break down of urban and Dublin numbers I am hearing 66% yes

Kerrygold

Wtf?

Tommy12345

I think this one has more to do with the Sunday Times' being tied to a rigid publishing schedule.

RedC may be another matter.

mangaire2

the anti-Abortion side won that debate hands down.
sadly, however, it may not swing that many votes.

now, if 'whistling past the graveyard' could swing votes for the NO side, nobody would whistle louder & longer & more sweetly than me.
no point in ignoring reality.
all the indicators are that the Amendment will be passed.

the only hope is that the youth vote won't turn up.
sadly, I think sufficient of them will.

that poll is very depressing.

New Threads

Most Replies