Sunday World alleges Martin McGuinness was a British Spy



Sidewinder

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
442
So a British Agent started the shooting on Bloody Sunday then?
 

edifice.

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
8,325
The claim has to make political sense if its to stand up.
 

Worldbystorm

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
321
My my, Ingrams a busy little fellow isn't he?

And ready with a constant drip drip drip of accusations...
 

badinage

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
776
and seeing as how his 'source' is apparantely an anonymous serving Special Branch officer, its far more likely that the source wants to discredit SF by throwing some dirt at McGuinness, than McGuinness being an agent.
 

Sidewinder

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
442
That was kindof my point. 2-3 years ago during the Saville Inquiry the meeja were fed a constant drip of stories from the British about how McGuinness was absolutely, positively, definitely the man who started shooting at the Paras on Bloody Sunday. Despite the fact that all the credible evidence clearly shows that the Brits fired first, and while 2 different men did fire a couple of shots back, both were OIRA. But no matter.

Now they want us to believe that the man they went all out to blacken the name of (there was all the Hegarty stuff too) a couple of years back - and coincidentally all this hysteria was going on during the only period Stormont was actually up and running - has been one of their agents all along.

It looks like either a) the British were actually controlling all the combatants on all sides throughout the Troubles....and they have no qualms about stabbing their agents in the back (or worse, as with William Stobie) when it becomes convenient or b) Pretty much everything that has ever been reported in the meeja wrt the Troubles is a huge whopping pile of smoke-and-mirrors lies. Or both.
 

duff

Active member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
111
EXCLUSIVE: SPY SHOCKER
By Gail Edgar
TOP secret papers obtained by The People have sensationally exposed one of Sinn Fein's most senior figures as a British SPY.

It is alleged "Agent J11B" colluded with MI6 on undercover operations in which a number of people were killed.

He is also said to be a former member of the IRA Council who met regularly with Irish premier Bertie Ahern and his government.

The secret documents, passed to our Belfast office, include his security code number which he used as identification when liaising with his British handlers.

The agent has been a leading light of Sinn Fein - the main nationalist party in Northern Ireland - for 20 years and is known as a brilliant negotiator.

Rumours that a top Sinn Fein man was a spy have been circulating for some time.


Advertisement

But it is only now that the alleged proof of his identity will be known in wider circles.


Last night, a security source told The People: "I cannot stress how senior this man is. This will destroy Sinn Fein."
 

Justin

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
60
edifice. said:
The claim has to make political sense if its to stand up.
No that along with a willingless to believe it is just a requirement for a conspiracy theory.Poor ones tend to claim too much though and the notion that the British conspired to kill their own soldiers can be filed alongside the one about the Americans bombing the Pentagon for credibility.Still what the heck a psy-op doesn't have to be true to have an effect...
 

edifice.

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
8,325
Justin said:
edifice. said:
The claim has to make political sense if its to stand up.
No that along with a willingless to believe it is just a requirement for a conspiracy theory.Poor ones tend to claim too much though and the notion that the British conspired to kill their own soldiers can be filed alongside the one about the Americans bombing the Pentagon for credibility.Still what the heck a psy-op doesn't have to be true to have an effect...
Except in this case there is a recent history of similar, once denied in above fashion, and proven events.
 

JimHacker

New member
Joined
Aug 2, 2003
Messages
4
This is from the Guardian after Scapaticci was outted by the same guy who're on about mcguinness now;

Speaking yesterday, the Sinn Fein chief negotiator, Martin McGuinness, also appeared to back Mr Scappaticci, saying that he could not "disbelieve his denial". Like Mr Adams, he blamed the Stakeknife affair on the "faceless securocrats in British intelligence".

"Mr Scappaticci is the only person with the courage to go before the cameras and put himself before the media and to issue a statement in his own name," he told the Irish broadcaster RTE. "All of these other stories are coming from nameless and faceless securocrats in British intelligence."

Danny Morrison, Sinn Fein's former director of publicity, also rubbished reports of Mr Scappaticci being Stakeknife in today's Guardian. "Rumours of his [Stakeknife] existence and claims about his seniority have been used in recent years by British intelligence in an attempt to sow confusion and fuel republican dissent," he wrote.
 

Worldbystorm

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
321
badinage said:
and seeing as how his 'source' is apparantely an anonymous serving Special Branch officer, its far more likely that the source wants to discredit SF by throwing some dirt at McGuinness, than McGuinness being an agent.
Too true...

Incidentally you've been keeping a low profile recently.
 

stringjack

1
Moderator
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
3,887
Worldbystorm said:
badinage said:
and seeing as how his 'source' is apparantely an anonymous serving Special Branch officer, its far more likely that the source wants to discredit SF by throwing some dirt at McGuinness, than McGuinness being an agent.
Too true...

Incidentally you've been keeping a low profile recently.
What are you saying?
 

Justin

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
60
edifice. said:
Justin said:
[quote="edifice.":3hldwggt]The claim has to make political sense if its to stand up.
No that along with a willingless to believe it is just a requirement for a conspiracy theory.Poor ones tend to claim too much though and the notion that the British conspired to kill their own soldiers can be filed alongside the one about the Americans bombing the Pentagon for credibility.Still what the heck a psy-op doesn't have to be true to have an effect...
Except in this case there is a recent history of similar, once denied in above fashion, and proven events.[/quote:3hldwggt]

Ok fine you believe Martin Ingram and the Sunday World..
 

edifice.

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
8,325
Justin said:
Ok fine you believe Martin Ingram and the Sunday World..
That's not the choice I have to face.
 

Worldbystorm

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
321
stringjack said:
Worldbystorm said:
badinage said:
and seeing as how his 'source' is apparantely an anonymous serving Special Branch officer, its far more likely that the source wants to discredit SF by throwing some dirt at McGuinness, than McGuinness being an agent.
Too true...

Incidentally you've been keeping a low profile recently.
What are you saying?

Nothing...nothing at all...no conspiracy here folks, just keep moving... :wink:
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top