• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SunTimes/B&A Poll on Abortion due to Risk of Suicide 59% Yes, 34% No

ruserious

I'm quite surprised that the 'Pregnant from Rape' is significantly higher % than the 'Suicidal' option.

statsman

So, somewhere from 60 to 80% of Irish voters are rabid baby murdering abortionistas?

Hewson

So, somewhere from 60 to 80% of Irish voters are rabid baby murdering abortionistas?
It's a poll. Easier to give an off-the-cuff opinion than vote it into law in a polling booth.

I've sometimes been tempted to vote FF, but managed to see the light as the pen descended to the paper . . .

Al Gebra

It'll be interesting to see what trickery will be deployed to mangle these statistics into good news for the anti-choice contingent.

statsman

It's a poll. Easier to give an off-the-cuff opinion than vote it into law in a polling booth.

I've sometimes been tempted to vote FF, but managed to see the light as the pen descended to the paper . . .
It'll be interesting to see what trickery will be deployed to mangle these statistics into good news for the anti-choice contingent.
Too slow, Al.

Hewson

Statistics are statistics.

Facts often differ.

ger12

Why such a difference between the suicide risk and the other reasons?

10% believe risk to the mothers life is not a ground for a termination ... :shock:

statsman

Facts and statistics differ all the time.
Give me two simultaneous facts that differ; statistics, by the way, are not facts in themselves. Statistics are fact classifications.

Hewson

In fairness twas a slightly lazy effort. The ol' "polls don't matter" gambit. I'd give it 3 out of 10

I'm waiting for the real number manglers to come along.
No need.

You should have learned all you need to know from political polls. (And the difference between polling time and election time. Gilmore for Taoiseach anyone . . ?)

Mitsui2

How about "The 'no' vote was split by being asked different questions. If you add up all the 'no' votes they total 81%"?

That sounds pretty good on the face of it. In fact it sounds like some of the things I've seen mentioned in a few threads already.

statsman

How about "The 'no' vote was split by being asked different questions. If you add up all the 'no' votes they total 81%"?

That sounds pretty good on the face of it. In fact it sounds like some of the things I've seen mentioned in a few threads already.
Ah, but by that measure the Yes vote is 300%.

Invalid poll. petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies