Superbowl XL

qtman

Will anybody be watching?

Will Microsoft beat the Steelers?

Is American Football the greatest sport ever?

campbeca

i will be watching. Unfortunately I just moved house so i didn't have SkyDigital during January to watch the play-offs so i'm not as into it this year as I normally am.
2 boring, defensive teams in the most boring match of the year, except for the halftime show of course 8) (who is playing in that this year?)

GusherING

I watched the Superbowl once. I can't believe a game of 60 mins takes 3 hours to play. It is the single most annoying feature about the game. When they're actually playing, I enjoy it, but thats not really worth the two hours of waiting.

qtman

GusherING said:
I watched the Superbowl once. I can't believe a game of 60 mins takes 3 hours to play. It is the single most annoying feature about the game. When they're actually playing, I enjoy it, but thats not really worth the two hours of waiting.
That's a common complaint, but the clock is of enormous significance in an NFL game, which is what people sometimes don't get. A team will react in a different way depending on if the clock is running, if it is not, if its close to the end of a half, if its close to the end of the game etc etc. You also have to appreciate the enormous physical exertion involved, which means it would be impossible to just play it off in 60 mins. Once you get all that, the clock isn't a problem (the ads are, however).

Seattle Seahawks v. Pittsburgh Steelers

Ind. Colts were nailed on favourites this year, but the Steelers tripped them up.

Rolling Stones are doing the HT show, I believe. Sky's coverage of the NFL is quite good and informative. The Steelers, in the play-off games, have shown that they are not just a good defensive team, should be a close enough game but I expect Seattle to edge it.

qtman

BritishPetroleum said:
Rolling Stones are doing the HT show, I believe. Sky's coverage of the NFL is quite good and informative. The Steelers, in the play-off games, have shown that they are not just a good defensive team, should be a close enough game but I expect Seattle to edge it.
Perhaps. But I think the whole Jerome Betis coming home to Detroit thing will spur the Steelers on. I also think that destiny is on their side, given what happened in their win over the Colts. A bit like Liverpool in the Champions League last year.

I'm actually looking forward to it being over in some ways. By the end of January I'm usually fed up feeling like death on holiday on Monday mornings...

Socratus O' Pericles

I know little about this but Siri says the patriots should beat the eagles by 4.5 points, I think I’ll go with that.

mr. jings

I never watch the Superbowl. It's just liberal feminazi manchurian candidate bilge designed to make my willy wither away. Wrap your lads in tinfoil, people. You have all been warned.

Man or Mouse

That's why so many people enjoy it so much. Plenty of time for quaffing. You should go to one live sometime. Even more boring. Times when they're walking up to the line of scrimmage for a play and suddenly they stop and everyone looks at each other with a "What's going on?" expression. Then someone goes, "Oh, TV time out." Ridiculous.

Socratus O' Pericles

I never watch the Superbowl. It's just liberal feminazi manchurian candidate bilge designed to make my willy wither away. Wrap your lads in tinfoil, people. You have all been warned.
That’s as well as being an ncredibly boring game of big lads knocking each other down.

Is Siri correct tho? That’s the challenge.

Spanner Island

That's why so many people enjoy it so much. Plenty of time for quaffing. You should go to one live sometime. Even more boring. Times when they're walking up to the line of scrimmage for a play and suddenly they stop and everyone looks at each other with a "What's going on?" expression. Then someone goes, "Oh, TV time out." Ridiculous.
Perhaps a new thread is needed... seeing as this one is 12 years old and neither GusherING nor the OP'er have posted since 2008...

Socratus O' Pericles

Perhaps a new thread is needed... seeing as this one is 12 years old and neither GusherING nor the OP'er have posted since 2008...
It’s symptomatic of the lack of interest in what must be amongst the most boring games in the world that there isn’t a thread about it every year.

That said if the mighty Dubs were in the final every proto Kerryman in Ireland would e on slagging them off.

firefly123

11 minutes in 3 hours of actual game

NYCKY

There is a long running chat in thread about US Football like for many other sports.

Betson

That’s as well as being an ncredibly boring game of big lads knocking each other down.

Is Siri correct tho? That’s the challenge.
I used to think it was a boring game but once I watched it a few times and got into rules etc , now I think it is brilliant game. If you are a sports fan it has everything , athleticism , strategy etc etc.

The problem with getting people over hear to give it a chance is the stop start nature of it , that culture is alien to us. People say they won't watch A game because of the adds etc , they just have to park that and accept there will be a lot of breaks in play , ad breaks etc.

But when there is play it is usually a very exciting game. I would love to one day go to a superbowl.

Baseball on the other hand is a mind numbingly boring game , no matter how I tried to get into it , I simply could not.

As to Seri , yes I think she is correct , on the winner anyway whatever about the margin. I suspect they will win it more comfortable.

I would like to see the Eagles win as they have never won one before and the Patriots are looking to tie the record for wins with the Steelers.

Hard to see past the experience of Brady and the Patriots in this one.

Mick Mac

I know little about this but Siri says the patriots should beat the eagles by 4.5 points, I think I’ll go with that.
Meanwhile Siri is on Betfair about to make a killing

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Amazons Alexa thinks it will be the Eagles.
I think Tomás Ó'Brádaigh came through his hand surgery nicely and that the extra finger he had attached will look good with another ring on it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies