Superquinn Sausages. New Crisis?

Rural

The really silly thing is that it's still top of the list for most viewed today. I think the owners thinks this is some sort of high brow political site rather than a politics themed chat site.
But, but, but, it IS a high brow political site!

amsterdemmetje

Tommy Maloney's website good too last time I checked (couple of years ago).. great to be able to buy them locally now.

Pro Tip: Irish bars that do food (esp. Irish breakfasts, obviously) also a good place to get them... ask the kitchen to order you a few pounds (at catering rates) on the side. They know Irish sausages, they'll understand. :D
I was in an Irish pub yesterday here in Holland on the raz with a Scottish friend of mine. The kitchen in the place was shutting down for good and they sold him 60lbs of sausages for a tenner.

RodShaft

Slatterys near shelbourne road have an arrangement with the chipper nearby and they bring in sausages and chips and stuff for the punters. Makes sense. Keeps the after work crowd drinking as it staves off the hunger for a bit plus it gives everyone the taste of chips so they grab some when they leave the pub. Nice enough pub but full of the google crowd after work.
Does a fantastic stew for lunch, and a fabliss pint of the black stuff. Can't recommend it highly enough.

There's a gastropub across the road that does a wonderful food menu. Had some slow cooked pork belly in it that you'd literally kill for..

Irish-Rationalist

I was in an Irish pub yesterday here in Holland on the raz with a Scottish friend of mine. The kitchen in the place was shutting down for good and they sold him 60lbs of sausages for a tenner.
If Dutch sausages contain similar ingredients to their cookies, he's in for a nice time.

Irish-Rationalist

Does a fantastic stew for lunch, and a fabliss pint of the black stuff. Can't recommend it highly enough.

There's a gastropub across the road that does a wonderful food menu. Had some slow cooked pork belly in it that you'd literally kill for..
I don't like this term "gastropub". Whoever invented it should be flogged. It's a pub that sells f***ing food. "Gastropub" just sounds trendy and w@nkerish. A place where young bearded people go not to eat, but to be cool and pretentious and appear with the in-crowd. It's got to stop.

Casablanca

I don't like this term "gastropub". Whoever invented it should be flogged. It's a pub that sells f***ing food. "Gastropub" just sounds trendy and w@nkerish. A place where young bearded people go not to eat, but to be cool and pretentious and appear with the in-crowd. It's got to stop.

D

Deleted member 48908

"O tempora o mores"

I wasn't for having any sausages with the breakfast omelette (potato, ham, mushroom and cheese), salad and pitta bread, but this thread tempted me .... so 2 bog standard bangers in the oven ....

Should that be "Oh tempura, Oh morels"?
Two of them?! In your oven?! At the same time? My, my but your very accommodating.

Irish-Rationalist

Wigmore

Thank you all for your helpful and insightful inputs. It seems there is a strong cohert of Politics.ie clients who enjoy placing a tasty sausage in their mouths.

As for my dilemma noted in the OP - I am intrigued by post #157 and the inference that a good Catholic sausage may well have taken the soup which would explain the cost cutting.

D

Deleted member 48908

Thank you all for your helpful and insightful inputs. It seems there is a strong cohert of Politics.ie clients who enjoy placing a tasty sausage in their mouths.

As for my dilemma noted in the OP - I am intrigued by post #157 and the inference that a good Catholic sausage may well have taken the soup which would explain the cost cutting.
tonic, being the man with the most experience.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies