Support for abortion and Gay Marriage increasing in NI

Cruimh

Poll: Only 29% oppose reform of abortion laws in Northern Ireland - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Some interesting results -

Forty per cent of people in Northern Ireland support reforming the law on abortion here - compared to 29% who oppose changing it, a new opinion poll shows.

The findings will be welcomed by pro-choice campaigners who have long claimed that politicians are significantly out of touch with public opinion on the issue. Surprisingly, more DUP voters support liberalising abortion law (41%) than Sinn Fein supporters (32%).
The poll also shows a clear majority of the public (53%) in favour of legalising same-sex marriage, with only 23% opposing such a move.
It found that more DUP supporters (44%) were in favour of same-sex marriage than were opposed (42%).
Of Northern Ireland's five main political parties, only the UUP had more supporters against same-sex marriage than in favour, although the party was almost evenly split.
Supports what I have said in the past - that people vote DUP despite their policies on abortion and same-sex marriage, rather than because of them.

Interesting figures also on the supposed ILA .....

mcdonald douglas

Of course it is increasing.The media,Tv/Radio/Newspapers are telling the population they are backward if they don't embrace the homosexual agenda.It's a one sided debate.

GDPR

There are lies, damned lies, statistics and lowest of all statistics about Northern Ireland.

vivabrigada

Of course it is increasing.The media,Tv/Radio/Newspapers are telling the population they are backward if they don't embrace the homosexual agenda.It's a one sided debate.
Slorry to break the news to you, you are on the wrong side of history.

Emily Davison

Poll: Only 29% oppose reform of abortion laws in Northern Ireland - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Some interesting results -

Supports what I have said in the past - that people vote DUP despite their policies on abortion and same-sex marriage, rather than because of them.

Interesting figures also on the supposed ILA .....

I had to read the article to figure out ILA! It would be gas if NI saved the language. They certainly couldn't do worse than what the Irish state has done for decades.

All good news. Gay rights is a no brainier, just a race now to see which part of the island moves first on abortion.

cricket

I posted here some time back about a gay guy active in Dublin who told me that many of the venues there have always had large numbers at weekends from NI, from both communities.
Best bet is a referendum on gay marriage alone. Don't allow it to get mixed up with any other issue.

CastleRay

I posted here some time back about a gay guy active in Dublin who told me that many of the venues there have always had large numbers at weekends from NI, from both communities.
Best bet is a referendum on gay marriage alone. Don't allow it to get mixed up with any other issue.
The UK doesn't do referendums on social issues.

GDPR

He isn't actually. Engaging in homosexual activity significantly increases the likelihood of you engaging in alcohol and drug abuse, carrying out acts of self, committing suicide and developing other mental health problems and this in accepting societies, in fact these problems seem to increase among homosexuals the more society accepts their sexual activities. As things Northern Ireland is the suicide of the Atlantic Isles and bringing in homosexualist marriage and other distasteful social engineering projects will only make that worse. One thing is for sure is that supporting "Gay Marriage" isn't in any way showing genuine compassion to people who have homosexual inclinations. Quite the reserve in fact.

Emily Davison

He isn't actually. Engaging in homosexual activity significantly increases the likelihood of you engaging in alcohol and drug abuse, carrying out acts of self, committing suicide and developing other mental health problems and this in accepting societies, in fact these problems seem to increase among homosexuals the more society accepts their sexual activities. As things Northern Ireland is the suicide of the Atlantic Isles and bringing in homosexualist marriage and other distasteful social engineering projects will only make that worse. One thing is for sure is that supporting "Gay Marriage" isn't in any way showing genuine compassion to people who have homosexual inclinations. Quite the reserve in fact.

You mentioned recently that you now have two children. Congrats. What if one or both are gay, will you inform them of your views?

GDPR

You mentioned recently that you now have two children. Congrats. What if one or both are gay, will you inform them of your views?
Thank you.

If one of them came to me and told me that were suffering from homosexual desires I would get them the appropriate help and I would also punish myself severely from failing them.

GDPR

There is already a movement to normalize anorexia which goes by the name "pro-ana".

How would you react Emily if you discovered a child or yours was starving themselves? The answer now might be different to the one in a few years time after Soros and his ilk have really got going on promoting the "pro-ana" movement for a lot of people. I was wrong in the past with tendency towards compromise and moderation. Things have gotten out of control.

Here I stand and I cannot do otherwise.

Emily Davison

Thank you.

If one of them came to me and told me that were suffering from homosexual desires I would get them the appropriate help and I would also punish myself severely from failing them.

How would you punish yourself Ratio? Self flagellation, or wearing a nail vest?

cricket

What mechanism is there for that to be binding?
None, except for a moral imperative in relation to the voice of the people.
I know many people from both communities in the north and some of even the hardline loyalists accept that gay marriage is inevitable.

amist4

Time was paedophiles had made inroads into LGBT organisations. Unfortunately for them, sufficient individuals decided the "wrong side of history" argument, was a pathetic and empty one.

GDPR

How would you punish yourself Ratio? Self flagellation, or wearing a nail vest?
After The Magic Mountain my favourite novel is Sous le soleil de Satan or in English Under Satan's Sun by the amazing French Catholic novelist Georges Bernanos. The Eastern Orthodox love to go on about Dostoevsky but he is our answer to him only better. Anyway in this book there is a young Priest based loosely on Cure D'Ars who really makes his back a bloodly pulp each night. It really is an incredibly powerful and descriptions engaging in self flagellation are really forceful. I know of a Greek Orthodox monastery and a Romanian Orthodox convent that both sell instruments for self flagellation and for all my vanity anybody who knows me knows that under certain circumstances I would be perfectly capable of turning my own back into a bloody pulp. I think the same could be said for any Believing Catholic. If you don't have the capacity to do that I would question how much you actually do have Faith.

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Satans-Sun-Georges-Bernanos/dp/0803261802

Last edited:

blokesbloke

:roll:

blokesbloke

Thank you.

:shock:

What help would you get them?

What punishment would you give to yourself?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies