Support the Retention of 8th Amendment Rally : 12th May 2018

gerhard dengler

Rally to Support the Retention of 8th Amendment : 12th May 2018

Venue : Merrion Square, Dublin 2.

Time : Rally starts at 2.00pm, on Saturday 12th May 2018.

If you support the retention of the 8th amendment and you are available to attend, please do so.

Ellen Ripley

cozzy121

hopefully they'll just march on the Dail and it'll be all over in 10 minutes, 5 if they hit government buildings..

anyways where will this march terminate? So I can avoid.

Cellachán Chaisil

hopefully they'll just march on the Dail and it'll be all over in 10 minutes, 5 if they hit government buildings..

Liverpool.

making waves

It's not a referendum thread, it's a notification thread about a rally.

Thanks for bumping my thread.
Can I put up one about the rally we are having to night before we go canvassing - there will probably be more at it.

gooner

I would love to go but I will be on a street canvass.

Anyone looking to go from Cork there is a bus leaving in the City Centre tomorrow at 9.15.

If you're interested book a place ASAP to avoid disappointment.

There should be a big attendance.

It's not organised like the one nationally with all the groups coming together in March. It's the PLC LoveBoth on their own.

I think it's similar to the one in Cork last month with many speakers.

Jack O Neill

Rally to Support the Retention of 8th Amendment : 12th May 2018

Venue : Merrion Square, Dublin 2.

Time : Rally starts at 2.00pm, on Saturday 12th May 2018.

If you support the retention of the 8th amendment and you are available to attend, please do so.
have you informed the HSE ambulance service that a lot of old brain damaged individuals might be needing medical care ?

blinding

I have at times in my life being Pro -Choice but I must say that I minded to support the Retention of the 8th Amendment .

I have no feeling of comradeship with the repealers . I am not of these people so will return to my roots . I stand with my People as I always will when push comes to shove .

Ellen Ripley

Bumpitty-bump.

Thought it was the 19th; was driving up on Sun anyway to bring a student home but will switch to tomorrow now.

Hope it's massive.

Ellen Ripley

It's not a march, it's a rally at an appointed venue. :)

Can I put up one about the rally we are having to night before we go canvassing - there will probably be more at it.

;)

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Not for me.

I'm one of those Irish people who rejoiced in our leadership in kindness and understanding when we voted to allow same sex marriage.

I'm one of those people who went door to door in the cold and the rain in 1983 to warn against fundamentalism in our laws and constitution and took dog's abuse for it at door after door.

I'm also one of those people who has still a faint admiration for the sense of fairness and justice among my own people who are badgered constantly to be some kind of statue on a plinth but are known and celebrated for their warmheartedness to those who are in despair and have nowhere to go.

I'll call on the same character of my compatriots and beg them kindly to remove an amendment which, although well meant I am sure among many, has caused many a cruelty.

I shall vote 'yes' and I humbly ask any of my compatriots who are unsure, to vote with choice and allow each Irish person to make their own mind up on ethical issues in this emotionally charged issue.

Let those who object to abortion have their choice. On the other hand let those whose lives are threatened by a prison sentence of a child via rape or incest have the dignity of choice as well.

Vote 'yes' where you may be unsure and rely upon the fact that each and every woman faced by a choice is allowed to make the choice that is right for them.

Vote 'yes'.

Thank you.

Ellen Ripley

Not for me.

I'm one of those Irish people who rejoiced in our leadership in kindness and understanding when we voted to allow same sex marriage.

I'm one of those people who went door to door in the cold and the rain in 1983 to warn against fundamentalism in our laws and constitution and took dog's abuse for it at door after door.

I'm also one of those people who has still a faint admiration for the sense of fairness and justice among my own people who are badgered constantly to be some kind of statue on a plinth but are known and celebrated for their warmheartedness to those who are in despair and have nowhere to go.

I'll call on the same character of my compatriots and beg them kindly to remove an amendment which, although well meant I am sure among many, has caused many a cruelty.

I shall vote 'yes' and I humbly ask any of my compatriots who are unsure, to vote with choice and allow each Irish person to make their own mind up on ethical issues in this emotionally charged issue.

Let those who object to abortion have their choice. On the other hand let those whose lives are threatened by a prison sentence of a child via rape or incest have the dignity of choice as well.

Vote 'yes' where you may be unsure and rely upon the fact that each and every woman faced by a choice is allowed to make the choice that is right for them.

Vote 'yes'.

Thank you.
It all sounds very virtuous with all the right buzzwords, but there's no compassion, dignity or kindness where you deliberately kill innocent human life which has no choice in the matter.

Don't be fooled--vote No to retain the 8th, and protect mothers and babies.

Emily Davison

I would love to go but I will be on a street canvass.

Anyone looking to go from Cork there is a bus leaving in the City Centre tomorrow at 9.15.

If you're interested book a place ASAP to avoid disappointment.

There should be a big attendance.

It's not organised like the one nationally with all the groups coming together in March. It's the PLC LoveBoth on their own.

I think it's similar to the one in Cork last month with many speakers.

One bus?

For all of Cork?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies