• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Supporter appointed to state body by Pat Rabbitte, without even applying

Suttree

Spotted this in the Sunday Times today; unable to find a link, but to quote the article...

Noel Ward, the deputy general secretary of the Irish National Teachers; Organisation, was appointed to the board of Ordnance Survey Ireland on December 21 by Rabbitte, despite not having applied for the role following a public advertisement by the department.
Does anyone have further information on this that might make it seem a little less like blatant cronyism?

eyelight

Spotted this in the Sunday Times today; unable to find a link, but to quote the article...

Does anyone have further information on this that might make it seem a little less like blatant cronyism?
This surprises you?
Anything goes in a corrupt state.

ger12

Were there any applications for this job?

Analyzer

The Looper Party...even more neck when it comes to cronyism than FFinished.

I thought we had no money for hiring more people in the institutional state ?

Suttree

It doesn't say in the article, we know there wasn't one from Mr. Ward, at the very least.

Analyzer

Was there even a job spec ? How exactly was "publicly advertised" ?

How exactly was a trade unionist an expert in maps ?

The Frank Ross Faction behaved similarly last time that they were in power.

sport02

Sure it's grand, it's the new politics brought to us by Labour. Did Eamo's wife do an interview some months ago,

Ulster-Lad

It is called "Cronyism".

tigerben

If it was fine for Bertie to appoint People because they were friends, well then as the government is no different from the last, it seems it okay for them also.

Analyzer

We have too many quangos.

Suttree

We have too many quangos.
OSI is structured in such a way as to be a profit-seeking venture, as well as provision of services to the State, the usual anti-Quango shtick doesn't really fly here.

ger12

Is it a salaried position?

turdsl

Fine Gael and Labour have to look after their failed election candidates

and former party officers to state boards just like Fianna Fail did.

bye bye mubarak

Hope none of those Greens have the audacity to comment, other than apologise for their antics exactly the same in the ladt corrupt govt.

Marcos the black

Fine Gael and Labour have to look after their failed election candidates

and former party officers to state boards just like Fianna Fail did.
Why are you bringing FG into this? Houses that it was a labour appointment by a labour TD.

LINKS FAHREN

I'd have thought that a senior figure in a large public sector union would have enough on his plate at this time without ascending to the board of the...state mapping service.

I'm lost!

Analyzer

I'd have thought that a senior figure in a large public sector union would have enough on his plate at this time without ascending to the board of the...state mapping service.

I'm lost!
I am lost as to what exactly qualifies him to the board of such a body, over the heads of people who worked there for years and know the area inside out.

It kind of sums up everything that is wrong with the institutional state.

It is a disincetive to people in the lower ranks to do their job properly, when they are only being used to make spoofers and cronies look good.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies