• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Surely Guaranteed Irish is nearly as racist as Irish Jobs for the Irish ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I notice at this time of year an upticking in those exhorting me to abrogate my economic faculties and buy Irish goods and services. When I looked into it I can see the current government is a supporter:

Government minister supports the Guaranteed Irish initiative
The Irish Times - Sat, Sep 10, 2011 - Is Guaranteed Irish still a good idea?
FOR THE FIRST time in more than 20 years a senior Minister showed up at a press conference organised by the Guaranteed Irish organisation earlier this week. His presence was a sign of the times.

However it is asking to buy goods/services on the basis of nationality - surely that is a borderline/racist attitude ?

cYp

Didimus

I notice at this time of year an upticking in those exhorting me to abrogate my economic faculties and buy Irish goods and services. When I looked into it I can see the current government is a supporter:

However it is asking to buy goods/services on the basis of nationality - surely that is a borderline/racist attitude ?

cYp
Nationalism and racism are different things.

sondagefaux

Only if Guaranteed Irish was to mean 'Made in Ireland by Irish people', which it clearly doesn't.

ShankillFalls

No it's not the same. Supporting a local economy is not the same as discriminating on the basis of skin pigmentation, nationality or religion. Irish companies have people of all types working for them. My own even employs a German!

mctree

Its trying to help our economy. Nothing racist about it. You could have every race under the sun working in Ireland so long as its helping our economy its good. They don't have to be irish to help our economy.

Eire1976

cYp
What is anti republican is the apearance of the British Royal crest on certain goods.

Red_93

No it isn't. You're talking companies on the one hand and people on the other. I know that's hard for a libertarian such as yourself to comprehend but we do not afford the same rights and responsibilities to companies as we do to human beings and vice versa. Idiot.

tokkie

cYp
Not at all. Your discriminating on the grounds of economics not race. The food or product that is Irish could easily have been produced or manufactured by a non Irish person living and working here.

hammer

Buy Irish
Shop in Ireland

If we all spend an extra €4 per week on Irish products it will create an ADDITIONAL 5,000 jobs.

Lord Muck Savage

A company that employs Blacks and Asians should not refer to themselves as an Irish company in the first place, they're nothing of the sort and frankly do not deserve any support.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
A company that employs Blacks and Asians should not refer to themselves as an Irish company in the first place, they're nothing of the sort and frankly do not deserve any supporting.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

BlackLion

Kenny and co have relied on desperate measures to try to get the economy off it's knees. The taking relies on tourists and exports rely on people outside Ireland to buy Irish. both rely on the world economy improving which (every years it gets a boost around christmas) it wont. created jobs have been Given extra airtime and any job losses have been given whispers.

This government is only good at one thing and that is spin. The irish Media protecting the elite...again.

Red_93

A company that employs Blacks and Asians should not refer to themselves as an Irish company in the first place, they're nothing of the sort and frankly do not deserve any support.
What if they employ Irish Blacks and Asians? :)

Truth.ie

Can I just say that "Guaranteed Irish" logo is even more hideous than the old logo.

Lord Muck Savage

:shock: :shock: :shock:
What?
It's like so called 'Irish Ferries' they don't employ any Irish on board, so why should they call themselves 'Irish ferries' when they're nothing of the sort?

tokkie

But those black lads are probably procreating with pure white Irish women. Surely we should ensure that they are capable of providing for our pure white Irish womenfolk?

titmouse

cYp
Get a ************************************g life.

Popular Threads

Most Replies